Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Costco in Gaithersburg, MD had 20+ today. (It's a zoo there with clothes being tax-free this week in MD.) I snagged two for an upcoming trip on AS, paying with a Skypesos AMEX. For me, it works out to be a better deal than getting the AA miles / points earned by buying non-discounted tix on-line with a Citi AA Visa.
Ugh, I spent all weekend in Gaithersburg! If I only didn't have to hang out with my in-laws all weekend (with no internet!), I could've made it over there.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Costco in Gaithersburg, MD had 20+ today. (It's a zoo there with clothes being tax-free this week in MD.) I snagged two for an upcoming trip on AS, paying with a Skypesos AMEX. For me, it works out to be a better deal than getting the AA miles / points earned by buying non-discounted tix on-line with a Citi AA Visa.
For me I can just order the clothes online and I get the same result.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
None left in the SF Bay Area after a quick stop at Redwood City location yesterday and asked if they could check other stores.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: United 1k, American Executive Platinum, Hyatt - Diamond Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I went to the Sunnyvale Costco and they said they've been out of stock for the past 3 months!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Anyone want to take a guess on
1) what will be the date of the last FT-reported successful purchase?
2) what location will it be at?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by swag
Anyone want to take a guess on
1) what will be the date of the last FT-reported successful purchase?
2) what location will it be at?
I'm going with this guy who posted on the previous page:
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
No more in Bloomfield Hills, MI
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:06 pm

Nothing in Rancho Cucamonga
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:03 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by albutt27
I went to the Sunnyvale Costco and they said they've been out of stock for the past 3 months!
If by Sunnyvale, you mean Lawrence, this is definitely not true as we bought some about a month ago.

Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by brp
If by Sunnyvale, you mean Lawrence, this is definitely not true as we bought some about a month ago.
Wasn't that the only one in the South Bay that carried them besides Mountain View? I never saw them at the NE San Jose location (off of Hostetter) or the Santa Clara location (on Coleman). I never checked the Senter Rd, Almaden or Gilroy locations.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by Majuki
Wasn't that the only one in the South Bay that carried them besides Mountain View? I never saw them at the NE San Jose location (off of Hostetter) or the Santa Clara location (on Coleman). I never checked the Senter Rd, Almaden or Gilroy locations.
Mrs.777 and I go to that Costco. I don't recall them ever having it there (we even inquired about it) that is why we would drive over to the Costco in Sunnyvale.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
The Almaden Costco had them. Senter never carried them.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
We only bought at Lawrence (Sunnyvale) and Mountain View (when Sunnyvale was running out). I think that, somewhere in this thread bdemaria reported that Coleman had some late in the game. I also did find that they had a few right when the closeout began (I was there for something else and inquired), but those may have been returns.

Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Although I've used about 20 of these in my lifetime, still definitely one of those things that I didn't entirely appreciate until now that it's gone.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Chicago Lincoln Park @ Clybourn Costco, down to 68 cards.
Even though it was TRUE on 21 July, it is now the case that they have exactly ZERO.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.