Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Early 2014 IRROPS, Travel Alert & Weather Waiver / Policy Archive Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can edit this post to update or correct; minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.

Link to AA Travel Policy / Weather Waivers

AA OSO (Off-Schedule Operations) Phone: 1.800.446.7834 (Only if you are affected, please! Only staffed during OSO events.)

Link to North American airport weather delays (FlightStats)

Link to U S airport delays (FlightAware)

Link to AA cancelled flights today (FlightAware)

Link to cancelled flights (today, to two days out - FlightAware)

Link to US Weather Service website

Link to FT Original Routing Credit thread in cases of Rule 80 / 240 issues
Print Wikipost

Early 2014 IRROPS, Travel Alert & Weather Waiver / Policy Archive Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation Early 2014 IRROPS, Travel Alert & Weather Waiver / Policy Archive Master Thread

Here we go again... Joe Brancatelli reports 1,800 cancellations and 4,800 delays so far today, and for tomorrow, there have already been almost 1,900 preemptive cancellations.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 28, 2014 at 8:55 pm Reason: restore original thread title
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: FT
Good luck everyone. This is no fun having gone through this on Monday.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Northwest US Travel Policy Feb 7-8

AA.com says:

Northwest U.S. Travel Policy

Due to winter weather in the Northwest U.S., American Airlines offers customers the convenience to change their plans. Customers ticketed to travel to or from the airports listed may change flights as shown below.

If you are traveling to, through or from:

Eugene, OR (EUG)
Portland, OR (PDX)
Redmond Bend Roberts Field, OR (RDM)

On the following dates: February 7 - 8, 2014
And your ticket was issued no later than: February 7, 2014
You may travel: February 7 - 11, 2014
Original inventory required? Yes

Question is at what time might we expect them to make a similar decision about Feb 9 (tomorrow, Sunday)? Right now the forecast is for additional 4-8" of snow followed by 0.25-0.75" of freezing rain -> ice, which is forecast to remain in place all night and well into tomorrow.

(we are supposed to pick up a pax at PDX on Sun 2/9 around 3 pm, flight leaves the East coast early, they would need to make alternative plans fairly soon. Like many others we cannot even navigate out of our house at this time; the prospects of pax getting stranded at PDX for many hours is quite high.)
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:07 pm

Major Winter Storm to Affect Hubs at ATL and CLT

If you are traveling with AA through ATL or CLT in the next few days, please consider this storm and plan accordingly. http://meteorologicalmusings.blogspo...rm-update.html

The reason I am posting this because there is a possibility of ice storm conditions, including power failures.

I will provide coverage on my blog, including when it makes the turn up the East Coast mid-week.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum; it will be merged into the existing thread as well, which includes several relevant links to appropriate resources.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
AA Flight just canceled

So I just got a notice my red eye tonight was canceled. I originally booked a Sea-DFW (1230) and DFW-Hou (3725) months ago using avios. Annoyingly I had to book it under two separate locator numbers and I was unable to combine them. I called twice and the operators told me checking my bag would not be an issue nor would auto cancelation as the flights were on different days and legal connection times. So now I am seeing the entire (nearly full) flight has been canceled but ONLY the Sea-DFW. I am waiting to get connected with AA on the phone but I am trying to figure out what people here recommend. I need to get back to work and the red eye worked perfectly. I doubt I can get to the airport earlier as the fiance has the car. Is AA liable for my connection flight as well or are they just going to try and rebook me to DFW screwing my other flight? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Well got on the phone for 1 minute with someone. They claimed weather conditions (18 hours away) are requiring the canceling now. I love planning ahead but this is rather insane. And then I was transferred as this is an award ticket (both are) without real warning and now 25 minute wait again grrrr

Last edited by pattermj; Feb 10, 2014 at 12:02 pm
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by pattermj
Is AA liable for my connection flight as well or are they just going to try and rebook me to DFW screwing my other flight? Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Technically No. But, once you are at DFW and tell the agents that you missed the flight due to another AA flight, they will try and re accommodate on the next available flight to HOU. A willing agent can change your second ticket on the phone itself so that you make your connection.

At this point, call and re-call every so often to see if something favorable opens up. But, I doubt they will be able to reroute you to HOU on your original ticket, since it is to DFW only. Checking bags should not be a problem, as they can tag it to HOU when you show them the DFW to HOU ticket.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:15 pm

Hmmm, question. With them canceling it this far in advance, can they even claim weather? Looking online there is a 20% chance of rain which is unlikely to me. How can they cancel the entire flight and claim weather when the weather hasn't happened and seems unlikely to happen? Are they claiming weather just to avoid paying out?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Have you tried a SEA LAX IAH routing?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by george 3
Have you tried a SEA LAX IAH routing?
Havent even had a chance to talk with an agent since that 1 minute then transfer annoyingly. I saw a few flights which are much longer flight times + more connections + IAH. All of which cause problems, not the least that my ride is busy and coming from Galveston making IAH even more difficult. I really don't understand this cancelation. Looking on their notices they dont even mention dallas http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...avelAlerts.jsp . I am wondering if the metal is delayed elsewhere are they are preemptively canceling it and claiming weather which I think is bull.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I just got a notice that both my AUS-DFW and DFW-BOS tomorrow morning are cancelled. I did see that there is a small chance of "wintry mix" around DFW tonight and tomorrow but they seem to be jumping the gun a bit early.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
I just got a notice that both my AUS-DFW and DFW-BOS tomorrow morning are cancelled. I did see that there is a small chance of "wintry mix" around DFW tonight and tomorrow but they seem to be jumping the gun a bit early.
Yea I am finally on the phone with someone and they really don't know what is going on. No alerts for the city and weather.com really isn't showing anything. I think they just can't move the planes around and are claiming weather for everything. Seems my best bet is United but that gets me to IAH which is not opportune and I doubt they will pay for the flight.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, UA 1K, HY GLOBALIST
My DFW-RDU flight AA332 tomorrow has been cancelled due to "expected freezing rain" at DFW.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 1:16 pm

Yea well this is just crap. Got a reroute figured out which worked, not great but worked. Than 5 minutes later got the call my DFW flight was canceled. This is a local small jet carrier, no connections elsewhere. The weather chances are minimal ... is AA doing? Now there is a 1.5 hour wait to talk with someone again. This is pissing me off. If only UA flew into HOU.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hoping nothing (nothing more?) gets cancelled out of DFW tonight. Already had to navigate a PHL-DFW today cancellation so I could do without another!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.