Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ORD-FRA nonstop service discontinued 17 Nov 2010 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT

I just check my reservation for Thanksgiving and they were changed, I booked ORD-FRA-ZMU-FRA-ORD, now changed ORD-DFW-FRA-ZMU-FRA-DFW-ORD. I know I get more miles, but instead of leaving Wednesday at 7:30pm, my trip now start at 11am. Shouldn't AA notified me of this? thats a big change of schedule. I checked on-line and AA83 AA84 is not operating anymore on November. Anyone notice that? is this seasonal? I need to make some changes and get time off from work on Wednesday.

Last edited by arollins; May 26, 2010 at 5:39 am
Old May 26, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
It is going seasonal.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
I suppose I am not surprised, UA and LH have a tight grip on the ORD-Germany routes. Too bad though.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Already being hotly discussed in the other thread about FCO going away completely as a destination in off-peak season. DUB also going seasonal.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
lovely, we have a minimal presence and now seem to be axing our europe presence. I would have thought DUB would have worked year round with the 75L
Old May 26, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Well THAT's annoying. It's inexplicable enough that there's no JFK-FRA nonstop.
Old May 26, 2010, 8:22 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by arollins
I just check my reservation for Thanksgiving and they were changed, I booked ORD-FRA-ZMU-FRA-ORD, now changed ORD-DFW-FRA-ZMU-FRA-DFW-ORD. I know I get more miles, but instead of leaving Wednesday at 7:30pm, my trip now start at 11am. Shouldn't AA notified me of this? thats a big change of schedule. I checked on-line and AA83 AA84 is not operating anymore on November. Anyone notice that? is this seasonal? I need to make some changes and get time off from work on Wednesday.
Here's the link to AA's new seasonal and non-stop routes:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/newServiceRoutes.jsp

CDG's in there too.

I was wondering how AA would reschedule everyone. IMHO it would have been best customer service if they'd first emailed you about this.

Or maybe one is coming, and they foolishly don't realize that ppl check their reservations online (or in my case, as posted in the FCO thread, ppl check flights as soon as they're loaded).

And still no press release - I found the above link with some effort.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat, Virgin: Silver, Midwest, US Airways: Gold, NW, Lufthansa: Freq Trav
Thumbs down

Hey AA: Loyalty only goes so far. Time to look for another carrier
Old May 26, 2010, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I called AA this AM on my way to work.

I managed to get an earlier flt ORD-DFW, my original schedule only gave me 50 minutes connection time, no way to make that, since this will be in Nov, ORD and DFW are known for the lovely weather disruptions. They also had to change my return ZMU/MUC-FRA from DB rail to Lufthansa LH103, since there was no earlier train departing Munich that will have me arrive on time to make FRA-DFW flt. Overall, I'm ok, this trip was originally booked with EVIPs and I got them at time of original booking, the new arrangements have me on first/business ORD-DFW-FRA and back, however I still do not have my seat assigments on the Lufthansa flight, not sure if this an issue to be concerned or not. This is a bummer that ORD-FRA has gone seasonal, as I was planning another trip latter on. My biggest concern was the lack of notification, no email, call, etc. Had it not been for me checking up on my upcomming trips, I would not have noticed until much latter. I suggest others do the same.

Last edited by arollins; May 26, 2010 at 11:12 am
Old May 26, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arollins
My biggest concern was the lack of notification, no email, call, etc. Had it not been for me checking up on my upcomming trips, I would not have noticed until much latter. I suggest others do the same.
That is a valid concern, and one that AA.com hasn't fixed yet in all these years (hundreds of people here have already made that comment). With the advent of email, a notification has a variable cost to AA of practically zero. Take it up with www.aa.com/customerrelations
Old May 26, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
What does this mean for the AC in FRA? With one AA flight a day in the off season and not a oneworld hub....could this be straw that broke the camels back.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Halo117
What does this mean for the AC in FRA? With one AA flight a day in the off season and not a oneworld hub....could this be straw that broke the camels back.
What a shame for such a nice club and an easy route for me out of ORD. often took this to "central" Europe and trains from there rather than connect through LHR.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
i'd think the AC would stay and combine with BA/IB to a "oneworld" lounge or something..also, there was talk about BA starting TA flights from europe mainland to compete with LH/AF etc due to open skies...with the OW treaty being approved...might have the BA option of FRA-ORD...pure speculation from me at this point....but BA did plan on this strategy when open skies was granted...
Old May 26, 2010, 12:56 pm

not good news at all.
With S7 joining OW, we could hope to get to DME, or even OVB via FRA, and now I believe, since there will be only one flight from DFW- this definitely will impact the ticket price as well award seats availability.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Originally Posted by galaticos
i'd think the AC would stay and combine with BA/IB to a "oneworld" lounge or something..also, there was talk about BA starting TA flights from europe mainland to compete with LH/AF etc due to open skies...with the OW treaty being approved...might have the BA option of FRA-ORD...pure speculation from me at this point....but BA did plan on this strategy when open skies was granted...
But just how attractive would a landside club be to IB and BA and their customers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.