Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
The other day, a friendly pax / my aisle mate / allowed me to go first when deplaning, but didn't say please when he offered. He just said "you go" and smiled. PFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! THE NERVE
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just a little rant. Had to book a roundabout itinerary to get from LAX to BKK in J/F on a JAL award for Christmas eve. I ended up with LAX-SFO-HND-BKK in J with an overnight layover in both SFO and HND. Been keeping an eye on flights, and finally a couple hours ago, an F popped up randomly from LAX-NRT-BKK with only a 2.5 hour layover at NRT, went to book it and it disappeared before I could get to the next screen. Been refreshing since, but no luck.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The RDU AC only had grape jelly today. That tastes weird on an English Muffin.
onanisland and rt23456p like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Someone filed an official complaint to the Local that the soda machine in D21 Breakroom wasn’t refrigerating their cokes properly.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LPDAL
Someone filed an official complaint to the Local that the soda machine in D21 Breakroom wasn’t refrigerating their cokes properly.
The fact that someone went out of their way to do that LOL
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LPDAL
I will buy that person a Sarsaparilla!
GlobalMatt and rt23456p like this.

Last edited by Microwave; Aug 10, 2023 at 8:52 am Reason: Corrected invalid quote syntax
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
It may already have been mentioned but I find the stiffness of the salt and pepper grinders on the F meal service in Premium transcontinental lax jfk lax to be very disconcerting. They need to get the tension right.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Today on LAS-DFW, they would only give me 10 alcohol wipes. I wasn't able to make my Y-class cocktail 🍸 as strong as I wanted. On the bright side, I am not as dizzy as I usually am.

Last edited by thunderdeacon; Nov 18, 2021 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Today on LAS-DFW, they would only give me 10 alcohol wipes. I wasn't able to make y Y-class cocktail 🍸 as strong as I wanted. On the bright side, I am not as dizzy as I usually am.
Don't give anyone these crazy ideas on the internet. They might try it and it will make them go blind.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:21 pm

On today's DFW-LAX evening flight I declined the meal options, fully expecting to regret my decision. When I saw the food served, I didn't regret it all. Gyp!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
The FA in FC handed our drink cans to us without pre- opening them; we had to pull the tabs ourselves.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Whine and cheese club part 6

LAX/BOS 1/1/22 A321T
In a great mood with a new year, took shuttle from hotel to airport.

Passed through the Flagship First Check in with no issues.

Breezed through TSA precheck and ambled over to the LAX T4 AC.
Jaime manned the bar and we chatted pleasantly. Enjoyed a good conversation with a fellow Veteran (Navy Electronic Technician, like me).

Enjoyed several bubbly beverages.

Off to the gate. Smooth boarding with a bubbly PDB!
Let's run down the checklist:

1. Flagship Business Class purchased with left side window seat. Check.

2. Requested SWU cleared at T-44, new F seat is left side (I’m a lefty). Check yer nine!

3. Pleasant person to chat with in the next seat. N/A (see above).

4. No annoying, loud conversations that my noise-cancelling headphones can't cancel. Double Check.

5. Proactive beverage service with a nice full cup flute of bubbly. Check republic.

6. The famous cheese platter for dessert: Checky Cheese.

How can one complain with this horn o’ plenty in a brand-new year?

Fruit.

My cheese platter had a tasteless Strawberry and red seedless grapes with it.

My enjoyment of dessert was vastly diminished, and I slept fitfully.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Had to use my own paper to print my boarding pass at home

When I printed my boarding pass at home, I had to use my own paper.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by madmanshoney
LAX/BOS 1/1/22 A321T
In a great mood with a new year, took shuttle from hotel to airport.

Passed through the Flagship First Check in with no issues.

Breezed through TSA precheck and ambled over to the LAX T4 AC.
Jaime manned the bar and we chatted pleasantly. Enjoyed a good conversation with a fellow Veteran (Navy Electronic Technician, like me).

Enjoyed several bubbly beverages.

Off to the gate. Smooth boarding with a bubbly PDB!
Let's run down the checklist:

1. Flagship Business Class purchased with left side window seat. Check.

2. Requested SWU cleared at T-44, new F seat is left side (I’m a lefty). Check yer nine!

3. Pleasant person to chat with in the next seat. N/A (see above).

4. No annoying, loud conversations that my noise-cancelling headphones can't cancel. Double Check.

5. Proactive beverage service with a nice full cup flute of bubbly. Check republic.

6. The famous cheese platter for dessert: Checky Cheese.

How can one complain with this horn o’ plenty in a brand-new year?

Fruit.

My cheese platter had a tasteless Strawberry and red seedless grapes with it.

My enjoyment of dessert was vastly diminished, and I slept fitfully.
Best post of the new year? Checkmate.
njvandy and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:25 am
Suspended

Ran down my phone's battery when getting a new BP after upgrade

I got upgraded on a flight, and I got the last first-class seat. I was moved from a middle seat in coach to first class.

When I got the upgrade, I was already at the gate. I had to use my phone to access the new upgraded boarding pass (otherwise, I would have had to walk to the counter at the gate, navigating through a large number of people).

This used up precious battery life on my phone, and to recharge my phone once I arrived at my destination, I had to use my own electricity. That's not free; that's a cost and an inconvenience that I incurred due to AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.