Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:03 am

eShopping and Exclusive Citi/AAdvantage Card Offers

Hi,
I have a question regarding the AAdvantage eShopping Mall (and Toolbar), and the Citi/AAdvantage credit card. I have been a member of both for years, but have recently noticed the statement on the eShopping website that Citi/AAdvantage cardholders were eligible for “exclusive offers.” Recently, when an offer popped up through the Toolbar, I pressed “Activate” and it told me to use my Citi/AAdvantage credit card for the purchase (note: it did NOT state any other conditions for the bonus). I am assuming this message connected to the “Active Offer” is one of the “exclusive offers,” as it does not say “use your registered card” but rather “use your Citi/AAdvantage card.” They don’t really publicize this. Am I correct in that when worded in the above way, the offer is only pertinent to Citi/AAdvantage cardholders?
THANKS!

Last edited by miles4sheli; Dec 6, 2012 at 11:31 am
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I would assume that the offer is for Aadvantage credit card holders, but I believe based on personal experience that the use of AA eshopping is a very rocky road.

I am very disappointed that the SEARCH AA miles are not posting since the change over of management on AA eshopping.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:36 am

Oh, so it's not just me with the SEARCH miles for Oct. & Nov. not yet being posted? The funny thing is that September's miles were posted in full (even after the "new" program, I continued to accrue miles through the old system, though I didn't read the email about the change-over until Oct.).

I am really curious about these "exclusive offers for Citi/AAdvantage card holders" through the eShopping mall. While I'm not finding out too much, it would appear certain offers are only for Citi/AAdvantage card holders and have no bearing on whether or not another "deal" is being used (i.e., via the Toolbar Offers, it would appear that Citi is rewarding the customer through eShopping and the Vendor is rewarding through the promo code/other links being used. The Toolbar picks up on "partner offers" regardless). If anyone has insight into this, I would like to know more.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I have not seen AA search miles since 9/30 either (nor has Mrs FTF), but neither have I seen search miles post somce 9/30 on United either, and that is run by the same (yes, I know) company.

The AA miles from 9/30 didn't post that long ago - they are on my current activity. Given the changeover, it's too early to conclude that they won't arrive on their own.

Or of course they are all messed up. Don't even ask about the Delta toolbar, which hasn't worked for me in 2012.
FTF
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:31 am

Will Not Let Me Download.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markus N Keplinger
Will Not Let Me Download.
You might be lucky!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:19 am

reply from eShopping

Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Hi,
I have a question regarding the AAdvantage eShopping Mall (and Toolbar), and the Citi/AAdvantage credit card. I have been a member of both for years, but have recently noticed the statement on the eShopping website that Citi/AAdvantage cardholders were eligible for “exclusive offers.” Recently, when an offer popped up through the Toolbar, I pressed “Activate” and it told me to use my Citi/AAdvantage credit card for the purchase (note: it did NOT state any other conditions for the bonus). I am assuming this message connected to the “Active Offer” is one of the “exclusive offers,” as it does not say “use your registered card” but rather “use your Citi/AAdvantage card.” They don’t really publicize this. Am I correct in that when worded in the above way, the offer is only pertinent to Citi/AAdvantage cardholders?
THANKS!
I received a reply from AAdvantage eShopping:
"Please be mindful that for any offers that request to use your Citi AAdvantage card will only be awarded if a Citi AAdvantage card is used."

Hadn't heard that publicized before, but I thought so, given the wording.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,,B6,DL,WN
AA is discontinuing the toolbar effective today. The email I received from AAdvantage says searches done thru yesterday will be credited.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incorrect information

Originally Posted by likry2000
AA is discontinuing the toolbar effective today. The email I received from AAdvantage says searches done thru yesterday will be credited.
The AA eshopping Assistant has been discontinued. (they started it in mid-Sept 2012.)

The AA eshopping toolbar is working fine.

The two are not the same thing.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
The AA eshopping Assistant has been discontinued. (they started it in mid-Sept 2012.)

The AA eshopping toolbar is working fine.

The two are not the same thing.
I'm confused; can you clarify? There was only the one toolbar that I knew of, which I got points to use for searches and also flagged shopping sites that gave points for online purchases. When I got the note to remove the assistant, which I went ahead and did, the whole thing disappeared.

Are you saying that it shouldn't have disappeared, or that I shouldn't have removed it after all, or something else? Was the function different for the shopping search? I thought they said the whole thing was no longer supported, although I can still sign in on the mall the old way.

Because there's nothing left that I know of, at least on my computer.

Thanks,

FTF
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:31 am

If anyone has more information on the eShopping toolbar pls advice.

Looks like its gone for ever, but I just want to be sure, since it was my favorite way to keep my parents miles from expiring.

Cheers
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Cometintintin
If anyone has more information on the eShopping toolbar pls advice.

Looks like its gone for ever, but I just want to be sure, since it was my favorite way to keep my parents miles from expiring.

Cheers
It looks gone to me too, but I was hoping to get some clarification on the comment above mine by oldpenney16 that there were two different items and only one was gone.

Absent anything on that front, I think it's gone forever. The other toolbars for UA, Delta and US done by the same company went away on the same day.

FTF

Last edited by FullTimeFlyer; Jan 23, 2013 at 12:26 pm Reason: Left one out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.