Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for downloading AAdvantage eShopping toolbar, searches etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:30 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Another month ...
Another 300 searches ...
Another 100 miles ...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Anyone had this "problem"

I enter a search, get credit for it, wait 4 seconds, click the searcg button again (with the same search term), and get credit again.

Spend 20 minutes and you are done for the month.

Now it hasn't worked for me every month, but it did for March and Jan.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Well, I logged into my AA account around March 23/24, and my January miles were accredited (backdated to Feb. 3). I'm not sure the exact date they showed up in my account, but I check it probably every 2/3 days (sometimes more frequently, if I'm looking for something), so basically it took about 7 weeks to show up in my account. At least they're there. Hopefully the rest will show up on this schedule. 100 miles a month isn't much, but it's something. tls
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Just checking in with everyone here,...has anyone received their 100 miles lately?

For the past year, the search miles would show as "Pending" on the AA Shopping Account page, and then the miles get posted to your AA account, about a month later. But right now, I do not show any pending miles on my AA shopping page, and nothing has posted to my AA account since February 3, 2011.

So, has anyone had miles posted in either March or April?

Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I've got March and April showing as pending (but not yet posted).

FTF
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I uninstalled the toolbar last year. Never got many miles from it, and after I uninstalled it, they took back the small amount of miles for searches and such for the preceding few months. It was quite annoying in the short and long run, so I'm glad to be rid of it.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I've got March and April showing as pending (but not yet posted).

FTF

Ughh. Looks like I need to contact someone then. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
You bet, Jack. I appreciate all your comments and help on these threads too. ^ Good luck/

Looking at Jamito's note above, about them taking back miles after uninstalling the toolbar, I guess that if anyone stops being willing to use these toolbars you should probably at least let the pending miles post before uninstalling. And now maybe I'd give it a while longer too.

(You can always just hide the toolbar so it doesn't take up room on the screen, which is how I manage with 3 of them anyway - I keep just one at a time available. and they are not big programs).

Jamito, were those miles they took back still pending, or had they posted on your account?

FTF
Old May 26, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Jack Burton
Ughh. Looks like I need to contact someone then. Thanks for the heads-up!
Who did you contact, and how did it go?

The miles for my January searches posted during the 3rd week of March (with a date of Feb. 3), and then the miles for my February searches posted during the 3rd week of April with the date of March 10. Both these posted with a description of "AAdvantage Eshoppi Yahoo! Search".

But so far the miles for my March searches have not yet posted, unless they've changed the description. Thx tls
Old May 26, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Who did you contact, and how did it go?

The miles for my January searches posted during the 3rd week of March (with a date of Feb. 3), and then the miles for my February searches posted during the 3rd week of April with the date of March 10. Both these posted with a description of "AAdvantage Eshoppi Yahoo! Search".

But so far the miles for my March searches have not yet posted, unless they've changed the description. Thx tls

Sorry, been too busy to contact anyone yet. But I have not received any Yahoo search miles since March, which was the Feb miles. Nothing even pending on my AA Shopping Account page.

Every month since Feb until present, I had completed all 300 searches, worth 100 miles. Feb and before,...as I wasn't online very much,...I had less than 300 searches, giving me 90+ miles each month.

So,...my history,...when I did less than 300 searches per month, I received my miles,...when I maxed out the 300, I got nothing. Coincidence?
Old May 26, 2011, 2:25 pm

It may be a coincidence. The miles that posted to my account in March and April (for January and February searches) were both 100.

I'm wondering if we contact AA, or the company that designed the toolbar? tls
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:04 pm

Well, there is a contact form on eShopping's web site, which I used a week ago and again yesterday, and have received no response (not even an acknowledgment that they received my email). Frustrating. tls
Old Jun 7, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Also, according to this post, AA eShopping toolbar seems to be posting to AA.com under a weird name like "AA ESHOPPING MELISSA AND DOUG" for this month.

Who is this "Melissa and Doug" I wonder. The programmers of the toolbar?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:40 am

Yeah, and why won't they help me. tls
Old Jun 11, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Also, according to this post, AA eShopping toolbar seems to be posting to AA.com under a weird name like "AA ESHOPPING MELISSA AND DOUG" for this month.

Who is this "Melissa and Doug" I wonder. The programmers of the toolbar?
Melissa and Doug deserve to be fired [as well as Vesdia/AAdvantage EShopping], as they cannot properly count.

Apparently 300 searches yield 1 AAdvantage mile instead of the 100 miles the toolbar claimed I would earn in both April and May for using it for searches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.