Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto T3 Check-in Time

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, AA
Toronto T3 Check-in Time

Travelling from YYZ to MIA Thursday morning, 8:50am flight on a Business class award. suitcase plus golf clubs to check in.

How long before the flight should I arrive at the airport? I generally like leaving lots of time, it's more relaxing, but I don't really want to be up too early unless it's absolutely necessary!

AA recommends 3 hours but, given the more rational security procedures that appear to be re-emerging, I'm thinking more like 2 hours.

Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
When I flew that flight ( a lot) I arrived around 7 and walked right to INS and the rest was pretty fast. YYZ has a million USA flights at 6 to 7 a.m. so there is a throng from 415 am onwards, then it is quite quiet until later on and there is no sense arriving as part of the group rushing for 7 am flights, so getting there after they should all have boarded has always worked for me. Arriving at 6 you will get in others' way and waste your own time.

There is an AC and it is nice enough to wait in as well.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:23 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
2 hours is fine.
3 hours is overkill.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Agreed as YYZ based, I advise not to get in the early rush.
2 hrs is fine, a day pass to the AC may not be a bad idea to pass time since T3 is so boring past security.

They also now have set up the "arrow of death" checkpoint at B11 that you'll have to pass prior to getting on the MIA flight.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:28 pm

I always fly AC to MIA but your time of departure is on the edge of morning rush hour so be sure to have 2 hours ahead in case of Computer shutdowns or weather elsewhere.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:12 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
They also now have set up the "arrow of death" checkpoint at B11 that you'll have to pass prior to getting on the MIA flight.
LOL - that's a great way of putting it.

I believe this "technology" was borrowed from Mexico circa 1980 when they started the "push the button on the traffic light" system.
If it's green, you're free. If it's red, you might be a terrorist.

Glad to see we've come such a long way...
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by g_leyser
LOL - that's a great way of putting it.

I believe this "technology" was borrowed from Mexico circa 1980 when they started the "push the button on the traffic light" system.
If it's green, you're free. If it's red, you might be a terrorist.

Glad to see we've come such a long way...
I believer the term "arrow of death" was first started by the Air Canada forum, and I dont think I have gotten a green arrow yet since implementation.
It's probably in this thread but I don't have the time to read it.
To the OP, this thread may also give you hints to what to expect.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rocedures.html
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
another helpful thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hats-like.html

Page three of the thread has a handful of posts made two weeks ago regarding YYZ.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, AA
Thanks to all who responded. I'm not sure that $100 ($50 x 2) is worth going to the AC; a coffee and a newspaper will pass the time quite well.

Now if anyone can make it sunny and 80 degrees for the next week...I'll be a happy boy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.