Changing FFP after my EXP upgrade clears

Old May 23, 2011, 11:19 am
formerly gemini573
Original Poster

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Changing FFP after my EXP upgrade clears

The last two times my domestic upgrades have cleared, I requested the gate agent to enter my CX MPC instead of using my AA account. They were able to do it, but stated I would lose my upgrade because they said the system wouldn't recognise how I got the upgrade. Has anyone had any experience in placing the flights on a different FFP without losing the upgrade?
Old May 23, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Sorry, no experience here. I leave my FFP the same as what was able to obtain the upgrades (AS on AS flights, AA on AA flights). Although you may be able to change it, I'd say it's in the spirit of things to keep you on the same FFP that allowed you the comp upgrade.
Old May 23, 2011, 9:07 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
What you were told is correct. This has been well documented in multiple threads here in the forum (and OAL forums here on FT as well).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.