Mileage credit for same flight number, different class

Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
Mileage credit for same flight number, different class

I just booked myself on:

US #137 DCA-DFW Booking Class E (US Economy) -- AA operated but US flight number
AA #137 DFW-HKG Booking Class I (AA Business) -- AA operated and AA flight number

So US FFN, US ticket stock, AA operated flights.

I believe the ticket will be issued on US ticket stock, once it passes through my corporate rate desk.

My question is how this will credit, given that I believe "direct" flights (is this considered a direct flight?) credit based on the through-trip duration.

1. Will the total mileage credit as DCA-HKG or DCA-DFW-HKG? Not sure if the code-share impacts this.
2. Will I receive the COB bonus for DFW-HKG?

I will go ahead and move my DCA-DFW flight up to the earlier (6am) flight if there is a tangible impact to mileage, but want to make sure prior to making this change.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As AA and US are still operating as separate airlines with separate FFPs and policies, and this is about earning USDM, we'll move it to the proper forum for the best input.

/Moderator
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Same PNR?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
If the flights were booked as you desribed, then you will get miles for each individual segment (DCA-DFW and DFW-HKG).

If only one segment is issued (DCA-HKG) the direct miles would be credited. But thats only possible if you're in the sam bookingclass on the whole way...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond
Originally Posted by Granitebox
Same PNR?
The US segment has a separate PNR from the AA segment. It also appeared to be issued as 2 segments, with 2 separate fare basis.

Also not sure if it matters but it ended up with an 001 ticket number, so it looks to be on AA stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.