Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Check-in loop between aa.com and usairways.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP

Booked a CLT-ORD Monday morning followed by ORD-JFK Monday night, and JFK-CLT Wednesday night.

I checked in the morning in usairways.com and all is good.

When I tried to check-in this evening on aa.com (and hopefully grab an upgrade as it is available) it tells me it will transfer me to usairways.com. When it does the usairways.com then tries to loop me back to aa.com. Just lovely!

Any ideas how to break the loop and snag the upgrade?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by iztok
Booked a CLT-ORD Monday morning followed by ORD-JFK Monday night, and JFK-CLT Wednesday night.

I checked in the morning in usairways.com and all is good.

When I tried to check-in this evening on aa.com (and hopefully grab an upgrade as it is available) it tells me it will transfer me to usairways.com. When it does the usairways.com then tries to loop me back to aa.com. Just lovely!

Any ideas how to break the loop and snag the upgrade?
Have you tried the mobile app instead of the website, to see if it handles the flight differently?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Yes I tried.

I went to US/AA Club in CLT, they called someone, no go.

Landed at ORD. Went to AA Club. She tried to help several ways and no go. Unchecked me and unassigned seat. Tried terminal, no go.

Now I came to my destination and went online and was able to check-in again. This time it worked. Go figure.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
I had a similar issue the week before last. Neither AA nor USAirways phone support could fix it. I also got it resolved at the AC in ORD.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS
Get this all the time these days. If I find an empty seat, phone reservations will move it but that's a pain so usually just end up stuck waiting for the airport kiosk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.