Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reciprocal acceptance of club day passes starting July 2 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Not seeing another topic on this. From View from the Wing: acceptance of each other's club day passes will start on July 2, including the one given with the US MasterCard renewal (last offered with the 2014 renewal). The opportunity to buy a pass for $29 at the time of a US online ticket purchase will go away July 2; there will only be a $50 purchase. This is also mentioned on each airline's site.

"We are also aligning our guest policies for One-Day Passes which allow for up to three children under the age of 18 to be admitted at no additional cost if accompanied by an adult day pass visitor.": Does this mean the one given with the US MasterCard will no longer allow an adult guest?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Nice! Thanks for sharing - and of course, those interested should pick up some $29 passes by the deadline.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by rove312
"We are also aligning our guest policies for One-Day Passes which allow for up to three children under the age of 18 to be admitted at no additional cost if accompanied by an adult day pass visitor.": Does this mean the one given with the US MasterCard will no longer allow an adult guest?
Admirals Club day passes only are for one adult, so I suspect this will be in the future for US Airways clubs
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Good to hear, little by little the reciprocity is moving along.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by mvoight
Admirals Club day passes only are for one adult, so I suspect this will be in the future for US Airways clubs

Originally Posted by rove312

So did I read it wrong?

I read it as, if you buy a US pass for $29 by the cut off then it still will be valid for an adult and up to 3 kids? or is that wrong.

This has great value to me if I can bring my two kids in, no value if I can't

or as I think about it more: If I go to a US club, its me and my kids but if I go to an AC, its just me
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:14 am
Original Poster

I think allowing 3 kids is the future rule: http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...Pass_FAQs.jsp:
Q: I have purchased a day pass for myself**. Can I bring guests?
A: No, guests are not permitted, however, up to 3 children under the age of 18 are admitted at no additional cost with an adult Day Pass visitor who holds the One-Day Pass.

Additional One-Day Passes may be purchased for $50* each.
I can't tell if the $29 purchase in the next week will allow this.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If you're planning to buy a day pass for use in more than one lounge at your connecting airports, IIRC the US pass is only good for a single admission while the AA pass is good for multiple AA clubs over a given day (and the next morning if flying in from overseas).
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by Shareholder
If you're planning to buy a day pass for use in more than one lounge at your connecting airports, IIRC the US pass is only good for a single admission while the AA pass is good for multiple AA clubs over a given day (and the next morning if flying in from overseas).
IME US day pass is good for 24 hours. Every time I've used one I get a receipt with the time and date at the top and am told it's good for 24 hours if I show that receipt.

From US website, memberships tab T&Cs:

Day pass is valid 24 hours from the time of redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.