Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AUS / Austin - Bergstrom Int'l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Gate 13 Admirals Club

Link to AUS information on aa.com.
Link to AUS web site

Hours: Please see here for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Beverages, and Food For Purchase
  • Personal Computers with Internet Connection
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Conference room seating up to 8
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Austin - Bergstrom International Airport Gate 13 Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 23, 2015 at 9:13 pm Reason: Update
Old May 12, 2009, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold

so basically i'm traveling AUS-ORD-SFO next week and I got one of these free one day pass promotional things in the mail, so i may as well use it next week. Since my dad is traveling with me but he's on the United nonstop to SFO which leaves like 2 hours b4 my flight so i basically will have a 2 hr wait in austin so I figure i'll just use that free pass for a trip to the admirals club. Can anyone here tell me what I can expect? i'm not expecting a whole lot, just a nice lounge, maybe some free food?
Old May 12, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
about ?AUS AC

getting in a plug for my local AC and the AAngels there ...

nice lounge: yes

free food: no

friendly and effective staff: absolutely

the club isn't terribly big and is usually the busiest in the mid-morning on weekdays IME

there are neither showers nor a work-out room, but there are computer stations in the back room (furthest from the entrance)

the AC (along with the rest of the airport) is non-smoking BTW

HTH,
benzguy80
Old May 12, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
You may also want to consider using it in ORD. They just went through a large refurb and it actually looks kinda nice in places
Old May 12, 2009, 7:40 pm

The AUS AC is the best "small" club in the system.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
You may also want to consider using it in ORD. They just went through a large refurb and it actually looks kinda nice in places
If you have a free daypass, can you use it in multiple cities on the same day? I know that the purchased $50 daypass is valid at as many cities as you can get to on the day of purchase.
Old May 12, 2009, 8:09 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Steve M
If you have a free daypass, can you use it in multiple cities on the same day? I know that the purchased $50 daypass is valid at as many cities as you can get to on the day of purchase.
It's definitely possible (personal experience), but, IIRC, not clearly guaranteed by what's written on the free daypass - tell the AC agent that you would like to use the day pass at another connecting airport on the same day and see what happens.

AUS is, indeed, a small, but excellent club with fantastic staff. The one time we were there, the AC agent was so nice that Mrs. dstan was convinced that she knew me personally!
Old May 13, 2009, 4:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
FWIW, I've mentioned to the staff on several occasions what a good rep they have, especially on FT. they really appreciate getting this kind of feedback.
Old May 13, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: AA
Best service I have ever received at an AC was in Austin. I had a group of 18 departing AUS for EZE via ORD. Weather delays were threatening our connection (which would have made us arrive a day later and miss our next flight from EZE to Patagonia). Much to my surprise, they jumped on the chance to help me out (there were numerous people needing assistance - it was just gratuitously nice of them to help since I was the only pax in group with status). I was told not to worry and within 25 minutes was presented a plan to split the group for rerouting via DFW, MIA, and ATL on both AA and DL. All of that, though was contingent on word from ORD about the EZE flight. In the end, the AUS AC staff confirmed with someone at ORD that they did not plan to replace the inbound aircraft (also delayed), giving us time to sneak into chicago and make the connection.

Talk about helping someone relax!! AC membership in Austin = Awweesssome^^^
Old May 13, 2009, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by dstan
It's definitely possible (personal experience), but, IIRC, not clearly guaranteed by what's written on the free daypass - tell the AC agent that you would like to use the day pass at another connecting airport on the same day and see what happens.

AUS is, indeed, a small, but excellent club with fantastic staff. The one time we were there, the AC agent was so nice that Mrs. dstan was convinced that she knew me personally!
Before I was an AC member, I would sometimes buy day passes and use at multiple locations in one day (once used at three locations within 24 hours without a problem). The ORD AC has showers and a warm shower between flights is an excellent pick up (particularly after a couple cocktails in F have made you woozy.)
Old May 13, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Well, I'll dog pile on here too; AUS, as my home AC is indeed a great club with really fabulous service.

Additionally, I'm not an actual AC member, but rather enter about 70% of the time via Amex Platinum card and the other 30% via status on international flights. But they still treat us fabulously and have done some very proactive, stuff to get us out of jams. However, it probably doesn't hurt that my cute girlfriend manages to always ensure she shows her EXP card at the same time as the Amex...

Regards
Old May 13, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG
Is AUS the one with the little putting green set up in front? I'd have to agree- a very well maintained club, despite its size. Go Texas!
Old May 13, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The AUS AC does have a putting green at the entrance. It's a great club and the staff are incredibly helpful. It's a great club.
Old May 13, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
As others have stated, the best small Club in the system. The airport itself has it's charms. Live music in the evenings and a good selection of restaurants.
Old May 13, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tomkhan
As others have stated, the best small Club in the system. The airport itself has it's charms. Live music in the evenings and a good selection of restaurants.

Nothing like getting home to find a good band playing and sitting down for 10-12 $5 beers
Diver Boy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.