Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PVG / Shanghai Pudong Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2015, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zoombee
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
PVG / Shanghai Pudong International Airport oneworld Lounges

Link to PVG airport information on aa.com

Link to PVG airport website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Terminal 2 Cathay Pacific and DragonAir Lounges

HOURS: 06.00 - 20:55 daily

NOTE: Eligible passengers departing on Cathay Pacific, DragonAir, American Airlines, British Airways and Finnair are directed here.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Complimentary PCs
      • Food and beverage

Link to review with photos by athlete Travel Sisters

Terminal 2 Shanghai Airport VIP (Contract) Lounge

NOTE: Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Qantas, Qatar Airways. Accepts payment for two hour access from others.

HOURS: 06:00-02:00

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Food and beverage service
      • Smoking room
        • Showers

Terminal 1 SAA (Contact) Lounge

HOURS: 06.00 - 18:00 daily (unchecked since JAL Sakura lounge closed)

NOTE: Eligible passengers departing on Japan Airlines are directed here.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Food and beverage

Terminal 1 China Eastern (Contract) Lounge

NOTE: Operated by China Eastern. May be used only by eligible customers, including when travelling on: Malaysia Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, Qantas. Large two floor lounge with first class lounge to the right of reception.

HOURS: Daily: Until last flight departure

AMENITIES:
  • Wifi
  • Food and beverage service
  • Showers

This is the current thread on PVG oneworld lounges. AA moved its operations to Terminal 2 in March 2009 and provides first and business class passengers with access to the CX (Cathay Pacific) / KA (Dragonair) lounge, which opened in April 2008 when CX moved to the new terminal. Prior to that, AA operated out of T1 and provided premium passengers with access to a contract lounge. As such, several pre-March 2009 posts in this thread are outdated.

More information on the now defunct JL lounge can be found by searching {PVG lounge} and the trailing thread containing outdated information from this thread. However, note that those threads contain outdated information about the CX lounge and AA contract lounge.

Print Wikipost

PVG / Shanghai Pudong Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:14 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
This lounge is actually quite nice. The Chef made noodle soup station is very good. Other snacks and beverages are just average. The lounge is clean, well lit and fairly quiet. Nice atmosphere for working at the work stations.
If you recall the prior lounge AA used when they used to be in the other terminal at PVG (think Wayne World's basement), this is the Four Seasons.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
I like the open air lounges my self like this. To me it is an ok lounge, it is certainly no Wing F or CCR. With that being said, I would not recommend staying in the lounge for more than 2 hours, you will be quite bored. I would take the train into the city.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GB
This lounge is actually quite nice. The Chef made noodle soup station is very good. Other snacks and beverages are just average. The lounge is clean, well lit and fairly quiet. Nice atmosphere for working at the work stations.
If you recall the prior lounge AA used when they used to be in the other terminal at PVG (think Wayne World's basement), this is the Four Seasons.
+1 on both points. I think the lounge in terminal 1 was a JL Sakura lounge. Resembled a third world bus station. This lounge is entirely acceptable - not the greatest I've ever seen, but clean, relatively calm, decent food/drink, nice place to kill a little time.

My experience has been that the AA check-in desk doesn't open until 3 hours before flight time. Between check-in, security, and boarding, 2 hours seems to be the max you could spend in the lounge unless connecting on a bad connection. This lounge is fine for 2 hours.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Can anyone relate how the CX/KA lounge in terminal 2 at PVG compares to the Priority Pass lounges in terminal 2 at PVG? These are listed as "First Class Lounge (No.69)" at gate 69 (apparently has a shower) and "First Class Lounge (No.66)" at gate 66.

Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Can anyone relate how the CX/KA lounge in terminal 2 at PVG compares to the Priority Pass lounges in terminal 2 at PVG? These are listed as "First Class Lounge (No.69)" at gate 69 (apparently has a shower) and "First Class Lounge (No.66)" at gate 66.

Thank you!
I saw two lounges on the second floor a couple of weeks ago, next to gates 68/69 (I think that those were the AA gates). Walked into the wrong one (Not a One World Lounge) first and they booted me out and sent me to the one next to it (a One World Lounge).

The one I was in was pretty lame. No reclining chairs that I saw.

Tiny pre-made and wrapped sandwiches, (maybe normal size to Chinese people, who are markedly smaller than me), and gross, tiny bathroom, hard to find, (but, maybe? better than the actual bathrooms in the terminal?)
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:42 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
They are right next to each other on a mezzanine overlooking the boarding gates. When I was there in September I left the Dragon Air lounge to check out the Priority Pass lounge and concluded that the food and beverages were better in the KA lounge.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We visited the lounge in October - thought it was okay. Pretty bare-bones. The upthread description of an international AC is pretty accurate.

On the plus side, you're overlooking the AA departure gate so you can stay up there until fairly close to departure time.

If you're flying coach, you might want to eat 4 or 5 of those little sandwiches.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Score8
In addition to the lounge, is there anything else to do in PVG such as decent food, massage or otherwise? I'm making my way through there next week.
Okay, I'm answering a really old post...but I want to make a pitch for the Maglev, especially if you're twiddling your thumbs (like me) waiting to check in and get to the lounge. Not much beats passing an opposing train at a relative speed of 860 km/h. It's 80 RMB -20% if you show your same-day air ticket round trip (110 for me since I bought the souvenir tickets for my son), and certainly worth doing at least once.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by igopogo
Okay, I'm answering a really old post...but I want to make a pitch for the Maglev, especially if you're twiddling your thumbs (like me) waiting to check in and get to the lounge. Not much beats passing an opposing train at a relative speed of 860 km/h. It's 80 RMB -20% if you show your same-day air ticket round trip (110 for me since I bought the souvenir tickets for my son), and certainly worth doing at least once.
Wait, there's a 20% discount if you show you're just transiting? I didn't know that.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Wait, there's a 20% discount if you show you're just transiting? I didn't know that.
Eh, my post was very poorly worded, but sure...why not? What I meant to say is that there is a 20% discount if you show a same day ticket.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:48 am

I'm here...nice place except VPN is blocked. Big downside to a lounge in China. It's not the whole airport, I was using it no problem in Burger King.

EDIT: The router cathaypacific3 is open, the other two are blocked. Happy now.

Last edited by igopogo; Jan 13, 2012 at 3:56 am
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
After asking for advice here, I visited the KA/CX lounge a few days ago and found it to be perfectly decent. While the carpet in the carpeted area is indeed a bit shabby, there were many other places to sit. The lounge was relatively uncrowded when I stopped by (around 4:30 pm on a Monday) and my group was able to have a seating area to ourselves. The food was interesting -- sandwiches and a trolley with a chef serving dumpling soup -- but perfectly acceptable, especially for a lounge that is used primarily by shorthaul passengers. Not luxurious, to be sure, but certainly a reasonable place to wait.

And I'll chime in about the MagLev. If you haven't been on it before, then it's a fun trip (and very short)!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:52 am

Eh, my post was very poorly worded, but sure...why not? What I meant to say is that there is a 20% discount if you show a same day ticket.
Oh... no, your post wasn't poorly worded. I was thinking in terms of my situation the last time I was there. Sorry for misunderstanding.

But 20% discount is good to know.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by gemac

My experience has been that the AA check-in desk doesn't open until 3 hours before flight time. Between check-in, security, and boarding, 2 hours seems to be the max you could spend in the lounge unless connecting on a bad connection. This lounge is fine for 2 hours.
If you do OLCI and have a BP without checked luggage, you can get there earlier. It requires a supervisor approval as the OLCI BP isn't widely recognized but never took more than a couple minutes.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I want to make a pitch for the Maglev, especially if you're twiddling your thumbs (like me) waiting to check in and get to the lounge.
I agree. I did that when flying TPE-PVG-LAX and arrived too early to check in for PVG-LAX. (I'd read about the discount for showing your BP, but didn't have one yet; I'd thought about showing my itinerary, but figured the discount wasn't worth trying to argue with anyone.)

I'm here...nice place except VPN is blocked. Big downside to a lounge in China. It's not the whole airport, I was using it no problem in Burger King.
I've been able to VPN from the OneWorld lounge in PVG on every visit. Sometimes the WiFi routers are down (they'll hand out an IP address but won't route any traffic; informing the lounge agents at the desk results in them making a call and getting them restarted). I've been able to establish SSH tunnels and Juniper VPN sessions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.