Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Anyone have any info on the what the "promo" is called or a code for it?
I live pretty far from DFW so was going to call the AC at DFW and see if they would do it over the phone.

Would like to get it for $350
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nitrobass24
Anyone have any info on the what the "promo" is called or a code for it?
I live pretty far from DFW so was going to call the AC at DFW and see if they would do it over the phone.

Would like to get it for $350
When you call, the AC staff should know what to do if you ask about new member discounts. If not, try your luck at the club. They gave me the $50 discount at the SFO club last weekend, and it only took 2 minutes to sign up.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I don't believe you can call a specific club. A while back this was eliminated, and a central call center substituted. A real shame, since those of us with small clubs in our home airports got to know the agents and used to be able to call for help (I of course always started all such calls by asking if the agent was helping someone and if so would call back). Also, the call center has more restricted hours than the ACs themselves.

For discussion of AA's blocking inbound calls to Admirals Clubs, see AA blocks direct telephone access to/from Admirals Clubs (consolidated)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by kingarthur
They gave me the $50 discount at the SFO club last weekend, and it only took 2 minutes to sign up.
Just a few days ago at SFO they only offered me $25 off. I declined because I have until Feb for expiration of my club membership. I wonder if they can just choose whatever value they want or if it's a "stated" discount somewhere?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I renewed at ORD today. I told them about there always being a $25 discount; and the agent smiled and said "Oh, we have lots of discounts in our drawer." So judging by the previous responses, it looks like there's a "silent" discount for new members of $50 and a $25 one for renewals. Either way, it's worth the memebrship fee without any discount. Having hot showers in the clubs when you're doing mileage runs, or coming off a long-haul flight is priceless.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:18 pm

Just confirmed that you can call the AC hotline 1800-237-7971, they will also apply the $50/$25 on top your elite status discount.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:52 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
ACQ112 - $50 discount on new memberships [targeted]

Just received in AAirmail (I let my membership lapse because I got the AA Exec MC):

If you have travel plans this year, experience unparalleled service and comfort in an American Airlines Admirals Club® lounge. Escape to an oasis of peace – away from all of the airport hustle and bustle. Purchase a new annual Admirals Club membership online today and save $50 on the annual membership fee. Use promotion code ACQ112 online and then click the RECALCULATE button to receive the discount. Enjoy personalized service, comfort and exceptional amenities including:

• Complimentary house wine, beer and spirits
• Complimentary coffee, tea and soft drinks
• Complimentary light snacks
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Complimentary PC’s with internet access
• Personal travel assistance with your reservations
• Plus more!

As an Admirals Club member, you will have access to more than 40 Admirals Club lounges worldwide including: Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, London and many more.

Offer Terms and Conditions:
*Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club® membership purchased online. Offer expires February 29, 2012. This offer is valid for the named email recipient only. Promotion code ACQ112 must be used at time of purchase to receive discount. Receive $50 discount off the annual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year. Membership rate and final discount is based on individual's current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership or renewing an existing membership. Memberships purchased with American Airlines AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership. Admirals Club locations, products and services are subject to change without notice.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got the $50 off offer, but my wife and daughter so far have gotten $100 off offers. Same promo code of ACQ112.

Maybe it's because I'm Platinum and therefore I already get a discount?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:29 pm

Just got an email from AA offering $100 off a new AC membership..not bad!

Use coupon code ACQ112 online or call up. I think the promo is good until the end of Feb.

Even after the discount at $350 (as GLD) not sure its worth it, your thoughts?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by bosflyer1001

Use coupon code ACQ112 online or call up. I think the promo is good until the end of Feb.

I think its completely worth it. One you get free wifi/computer access. Private place to hang out when waiting for a flight. Free beer/wine.

Personally i will have enough free drinks to cover close to my membership fee by year end. I figure it cost $7 drink at a restaurant in the airport, so i would only need to get about 42 drinks over the whole year to break even.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by dstan
Just received in AAirmail (I let my membership lapse because I got the AA Exec MC):
I got the same email but was just automatically renewed. I had the MIA AC call AA and they said I got the email in error but would refund me $50.^
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Personally i will have enough free drinks to cover close to my membership fee by year end. I figure it cost $7 drink at a restaurant in the airport, so i would only need to get about 42 drinks over the whole year to break even.
I think you need to up your game. Aim to break even by the end of January.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, darn! bosflyer1001 I guess momma AC DOES like you better!

My ACQ112 code mail says it's good for FIFTY dollars off!

Someone pressed the "Send to all" button - my Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® includes full Club membership, yet they still send me these things.

Originally Posted by bosflyer1001

Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Got the $50 off email. Thanks AA, one week AFTER tripping my admirals club membership .
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Upping. Not tripping. Bad iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.