Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maītre-plongeur des Muccis
Admirals Club new membership purchase $100 discount

It seems AA is offering a $100 discount to new (not renewals) Admirals Club membership online purchases (e-mail went out to some, but not this AC member). Offer ends July 31, 2011, use code ACQ611 online, then click on recalculate for final price.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
what is the best discount anyone has gotten recently at a club for renewal?
I will be at the LGA and MIA clubs in the next few weeks and sometimes i have seen better discounts at some clubs versus others.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: exp 4.3mm miles
$25 discount for renewing my AC membership at SFO. AAngel said they were offering discount because of it being a new club. Paid $275 shortly after becoming exec platinum. I was thinking that there might be a promotion with $75 discount in Fall but those ladies at the SFO AC are so nice I wanted to give them a little credit for my renewal. Also left 4 applause cards with one of them which she very much appreciated and said she would share with her colleagues!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:08 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Each year I renew at the BOS club, the AAngels are always able to poke around their system and find a $25 off code to apply for me.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: UA G
$100 off AC signup

Use promo code ACDM2Q.

Not sure when the expiration date is (already threw away the letter), though I vaguely remember it being the end of September.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by unavaca
Use promo code ACDM2Q.

Not sure when the expiration date is (already threw away the letter), though I vaguely remember it being the end of September.
Could you please tell me where you found this promo code, or what the T&C are for it?

My membership is due for renewal. I tried to use this code and nothing happened. What I don't know is if the reason is (1) I didn't qualify based on T&C, or if (2) something was going on with my browser.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by miamigrad
Could you please tell me where you found this promo code, or what the T&C are for it?...
It sounds similar to one I received a month after I had let my membership expire. That offer expired 7/31 and was for new memberships (& was mentioned somewhere on FT…). As it turned out, this ended up costing less than my renewing.(The code ACQ611 seemed rather general, although T&C's said it was targeted…perhaps it had some sort of limited distribution.)The T&C's were:

Offer Terms and Conditions:
*Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club membership purchased online. Offer expires July 31, 2011. This offer is valid for the named email recipient only. Promotion code ACQ611 must be used at time of purchase to receive discount. Receive discount off the annual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year, promotion code ACQ611. Membership rate and final discount is based on individual's current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership or renewing an existing membership. Memberships purchased with American Airlines AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership.

Last edited by alien; Aug 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by unavaca
Use promo code ACDM2Q.

yes, 9/30 expiration.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
$25 off for renewals before 9/30/11

Just received an email to renew with $25 off. Use code S25. Must renew online and pay with a credit card.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA PTL
$100 discount for on-site signup just mention online code

Delay at ORD prompted me to just buy 1 year membership, I just went to the counter and mentioned there was an on-line discount for $100 and they had no issue offering that discount on the spot.

Originally I planned on getting a day pass and then buying with online code getting refund ($50) day pass fee, was told by AAgent at the AC the system would allow only one of the two discounts (either $100 off or refund of day pass fee $50) if I purchased later.

Anyone had success getting a day pass credit $50 at the same time using the online discount? Not sure it would work since the code is for online purchases. Assuming you purchase (1 year membership) within 30 days of buying day pass.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
So here is the dilemma?

My AC membership expries in Nov. I can renew at the gold rate (plus assumably some discount). However, I just started a new job and can upgrade my corporate Amex to Plat for around $275/yr (they cover I think $100 of the fee). As you are aware, the card comes with AA club access as well as Delta and United amongst the perks. However, I doubt if AA sees much if any of that money and I have never flown the other two airlines... so its not much of an added perk for me.

So the question is-- do you think I could bargain with the AAngel?? I just figured as of right now it would be easier to renew my membership than to upgrade to the Plat card, etc.

Last, without mentioning this option-- is the general consensus that most of the time they can find a discount for about 20% off renewal?

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ssafro1
So here is the dilemma?

My AC membership expries in Nov. I can renew at the gold rate (plus assumably some discount). However, I just started a new job and can upgrade my corporate Amex to Plat for around $275/yr (they cover I think $100 of the fee). As you are aware, the card comes with AA club access as well as Delta and United amongst the perks. However, I doubt if AA sees much if any of that money and I have never flown the other two airlines... so its not much of an added perk for me.

So the question is-- do you think I could bargain with the AAngel?? I just figured as of right now it would be easier to renew my membership than to upgrade to the Plat card, etc.

Last, without mentioning this option-- is the general consensus that most of the time they can find a discount for about 20% off renewal?

Thanks
Amex Plat no longer includes CO/UA club access. That ended recently. You get AA/DL/US club access when flying on a ticket including the carrier.

With Amex Plat you do get Select Priority Pass, but that no longer include UA/CO clubs.

As for bargaining with the AAnger, I doubt you'll have any luck there. I'd be very surprised if they had any power to negotiate fees.

If you want an AAdmiral's club membership then I think you are stuck with whatever the current promotions are. I don't think you'll get any greater discounts.

Personally, I go with the Amex Plat and it's complimentary AAdmiral's club access. Then I use my EXP status to get access/drinks on my INTL itineraries.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:07 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Only saw the sign briefly, but when I was checking into the BOS AC, I saw a little placard indicating that you could receive $25 off your AC renewal as part of a Susan G. Komen promo.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Price increase?

Hey all,
What's the story here? Was there a price increase in AC memberships?
I seem to remember Platinum renewals were around 300 dollars annually
When I log in to renew its asking for 350.00 dollars?

American said to call back next week as the Admirals Club membership folks won't speak with customers till Monday based on being closed on weekends.
They also refused to let me speak to an Admirals club directly.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by ssafro1
So here is the dilemma?

Thanks
I think there is a new Citi card offering access to the club for $450/year. However, the miles earned on this card goes to lifetime status. So if you are going to pay for the Amex card, I would switch to Citi and also get the bonus miles for signup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.