Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by FindMeTravel
I got a latter a couple of months ago for $50 off membership (AOB), which brings it down to $350 since I'm patinum. I forgot about it until the yesterday and found that it expired on 7/31.
I'm seriously considering the membership.

1) is there a point in calling to try to get the discount? or is this a hopeless case?

2) I assume that $350 is a good price? I mean are there usually better promos?

3) Assuming I could get the Amex Platinum. Is that at $450 a year a better deal given the access to other clubs (benefits other than lounge access don't matter much to me)?
You can always get a AC discount with the Citi card. However, the Citi card also carries an annual fee.

$350 may not be a good price, depends upon AA promos. For example, last year was a $70 off coupon which brings cost down to $230 if you have status. Not sure if AA running any promos this year.

The Amex Platinum is a personal thing base on your travels. If you are strictly AA, no point for the Amex as it costs more and offers less. The Amex card does not give you free Wifi in the AC and (I think) reduces the number of guests one can have. You should search and see the discussions on this in other threads of having the Amex card.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Use the discount code NYE for 20% off.

This is from some kind of promotion for AA in New York. Unfortunately, I cannot remember nor find where the page is, but the discount code works out to be $280 for a first time EXP.
Thank you! I just joined new as GLD for $360.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:51 pm

Use the discount code NYE for 20% off.

This is from some kind of promotion for AA in New York. Unfortunately, I cannot remember nor find where the page is, but the discount code works out to be $280 for a first time EXP.
Do you have to be in the NY ACs for this?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Do you have to be in the NY ACs for this?
I do not believe so. Just purchase the membership online and put in the discount code. You should see the final price discounted by 20%.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:14 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I do not believe so. Just purchase the membership online and put in the discount code. You should see the final price discounted by 20%.
Does not seem to work for renewals (I got as far as the Recalculate button, but there was no change in price) - too bad!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Have not seen it elsewhere: AC at BOS is offering $25 off renewal until 8/31/2010. Also $50 off new membership. Offers do not stack with other offers.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
Does not seem to work for renewals (I got as far as the Recalculate button, but there was no change in price) - too bad!
How far in advance can you renew? Can you renew now if your membership doesn't expire until March of next year?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by chi1k
Have not seen it elsewhere: AC at BOS is offering $25 off renewal until 8/31/2010. Also $50 off new membership. Offers do not stack with other offers.
AC at SAN offered me a $25 discount. I renewed 2 months early so I assumed that it was something within their discretion.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
How far in advance can you renew? Can you renew now if your membership doesn't expire until March of next year?
Dunno. Mine is due in Nov. One way to find out!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Just tried to renew mine... got an error message "cannot renew prior to 120 days of expiration date"
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
Just tried to renew mine... got an error message "cannot renew prior to 120 days of expiration date"
Thanks for the info! ^
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:09 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Promo QPM10: 3K for new memberships by 30SEP

From an AA postcard. I don't see any "offer only for the recipient of this mailing" language.

Code QPM10

Link to aa.com.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by LRD
From an AA postcard. I don't see any "offer only for the recipient of this mailing" language.

Code QPM10

Link to aa.com.
But it does say in the T&C:

*This offer is valid only for the recipients of the AAdvantage August targeted insert. AAdvantage members must register for the promotion using promotion code QPM10 and become a new Admirals Club member between August 1, 2010 and September 30, 2010 to qualify for the 3,000 AAdvantage miles. Customer must be 18 years old to purchase an Admirals Club membership. This promotion is not valid for renewal of or adding a spouse to an existing Admirals Club membership. This AAdvantage mile offer cannot be used in conjunction with another discount or promotional offer. No retroactive credits apply. Admirals Club memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable. AAdvantage miles will post within 6 – 8 weeks after then end of this promotional offer. These miles do not count toward elite status qualification.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:27 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Yes, I should have been clearer. I meant the mailing did not contain such language (and perhaps, why should it?).

Regardless, the offer may serve as a datapoint for others shopping for a membership deal.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Received 2 renewal offers recently

On my last few visits to the JFK, ATL and LAX AC, I was offered $25 off if I renew on the spot. My membership expires Oct. 31.

Today, I received an email offering 1000 bonus miles if I renew online before Sep. 30.

I'm torn because I usually renew by contacting the HNL AC and renewing with them so they get the credit and help keep the club open. However, the 1000 bonus miles, although not much, will be a small help towards 1MM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.