Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MAD / Madrid Barajas Int'l. Airport Iberia / oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Link to MAD information on aa.com
Link to MAD airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool
Link to FlyerTalk Iberia forum thread on Iberia Lounges at MAD.
N.B. aa.com has no links to or information about these lounges.

Madrid-Barajas Terminal’s 4 and 4-S

Terminal 4S (satellite) - Velázquez Lounge

Location: Level 1, beyond shops and restaurants (Zone "RSU").

Note: Accessible under standard oneworld lounge rules <link>. No Admirals Club reciprocity.

Hours: Open 24 hours, for departures to non-Schengen longhaul flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi (tricky access)
  • Childrens play area
  • Showers
  • Soft and alcoholic drinks
  • Wine tasting area (Rincón del Vino)
  • Extended food offerings, including mealtime light buffet
  • Courtesy restaurant for late evening departing Iberia premium customers

Terminal 4 (main) Dalí lounge

Note: Accessible under standard oneworld lounge rules <link>. No Admirals Club reciprocity.

Hours: Open 0600 - midnight (May 2015).

[B]Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi (tricky access)
  • Showers
  • Soft and alcoholic drinks
  • Self serve snacks

Lounge hopping:
Terminal 4 and 4S are joined by a subterranean train; it is unlikely to lounge hop as the gatekeepers are rather strict about using the appropriate lounge.

Previous posts, some detailing obsolete information, have been archived to: ARCHIVE: MAD / Madrid Barajas oneworld and Iberia Lounges (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

MAD / Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas International Airport oneworld / Iberia Lounges
See below for VIP Arrivals Lounge information.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 29, 2020 at 3:31 pm Reason: update
Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

VIP Arrivals Lounge:

MAD Madrid Barajas VIP Arrivals Lounge

Arrivals Lounge from Prospero / IB forum Dashboard

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 29, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, Marriott LT PLT
Question for the experts -

I'm transiting from MIA-BCN-MAD-IST on IB (J) in a few weeks. Would I be eligible for a shower in the T4 "Beauty Spa" after my BCN-MAD connection, or does my intercontinental leg have to terminate in MAD for eligibility?

Last edited by boxedlunch; May 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm Reason: booking class clarification
Old May 4, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Do passengers terminating in MAD and traveling there via AA Business Class have _zero_ arrivals lounge options (regardless of Oneworld status)? I think that is what I'm reading. That's a rather striking lapse, considering Madrid is supposed to be one of the European AA Cornerstones.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Do passengers terminating in MAD and traveling there via AA Business Class have _zero_ arrivals lounge options (regardless of Oneworld status)? I think that is what I'm reading. That's a rather striking lapse, considering Madrid is supposed to be one of the European AA Cornerstones.
There are shower facilities available for arriving TATL passengers who are flying on IB Business class or are IB Plus Platinum (their highest FF elite level). However I don't think this is available to those flying on AA business or are AA EXP. As you mentioned MAD is IB's main hub, not AA's. Besides LHR, I do not know of any other AA Arrivals Lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

I'd think you would be eligible to use the showers in any one of the three Iberia lounges - I am unsure which terminal the Istanbul flights depart from, but I'd rather suspect Terminal 4-S.

For further information check the IB lounges at MAD (T4 / T4S) thread in the Iberia Plus Forum, in particular Post 17, which has photos and addresses Arrivals issues.

Originally Posted by boxedlunch
Question for the experts -

I'm transiting from MIA-BCN-MAD-IST on IB (J) in a few weeks. Would I be eligible for a shower in the T4 "Beauty Spa" after my BCN-MAD connection, or does my intercontinental leg have to terminate in MAD for eligibility?

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm
Old Sep 3, 2011, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Specific Beauty SPA (sic) for arrivals showers are, from Iberia's website:

"Shower service on arrival in T4 (not T4-S)

Iberia gives its best customers the chance to use this service free in terminal T4.

You can use it, provided you travel in (Iberia) Business Plus and arrive in Madrid on an Iberia intercontinental flight, starting the day before.

The beneficiary customers will be entitled to the shower service. Currently provided by Beauty SPA in the commercial area of Level 2 of Terminal 4 (right after the check-in counters). Once there, and they must show their boarding card or intercontinental flight ticket.

Furthermore, our Iberia Plus Platino, Oro and Club Fiesta customers , regardless of the flight and class, may invite a companion to use the service, provided they have made a flight in Iberia Intercontinental Tourist class to Madrid starting the day before, or are going to fly with Iberia in any class on the same day."

This definitely precludes arriving on other oneworld flights (including American) and having free use of this facility - though it and the AENA spa - are available for a fee-for-service.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
There are shower facilities available for arriving TATL passengers who are flying on IB Business class or are IB Plus Platinum (their highest FF elite level). However I don't think this is available to those flying on AA business or are AA EXP. As you mentioned MAD is IB's main hub, not AA's. Besides LHR, I do not know of any other AA Arrivals Lounge.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: EXP- finally
Originally Posted by JDiver
I'd think you would be eligible to use the showers in any one of the three Iberia lounges - I am unsure which terminal the Istanbul flights depart from, but I'd rather suspect Terminal 4-S.

For further information check the IB lounges at MAD (T4 / T4S) thread in the Iberia Plus Forum, in particular Post 17, which has photos and addresses Arrivals issues.
I can positively confirm very nice showers in the Dali lounge for free for EXP and PLT traveling Y on YW yesterday. Also wine tasting bar, lunch sandwiches and salad comes out at 1045, plus one of us got an hour nap in the quiet room way to the left as you enter. No Free wifi but there are computers and a row of Ethernet plugs in a tiny aisle over looking the departure hall below. That aisle is almost hidden, 180 degrees behind the entry desk. I admit it is better than any AC I have been in and arguably better than Sakura in NRT. My traveling buddy likes the 1551 cava there! Even if it comes in a little bottle with a screw cap.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks, tugokc! Dalí is nice, Velázquez even nicer, IMO.

All three MAD lounges have showers. The SPA showers are the only ones that rare restricted further than lounge access rules. (Fellow members, if you need to ask the desk receptionist, a shower in Spain is a "ducha" and there isn't one on the plane - "oonuh doo-chuh" will probably do the trick.)
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:33 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tugokc
I can positively confirm very nice showers in the Dali lounge for free for EXP and PLT traveling Y on YW yesterday. Also wine tasting bar, lunch sandwiches and salad comes out at 1045, plus one of us got an hour nap in the quiet room way to the left as you enter. No Free wifi but there are computers and a row of Ethernet plugs in a tiny aisle over looking the departure hall below. That aisle is almost hidden, 180 degrees behind the entry desk. I admit it is better than any AC I have been in and arguably better than Sakura in NRT. My traveling buddy likes the 1551 cava there! Even if it comes in a little bottle with a screw cap.

Doesn't getting back to that lounge require that you are connecting in MAD? If you are just arriving and terminating at MAD aren't you herded into the baggage / customs area?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: EXP- finally
Originally Posted by stc
Doesn't getting back to that lounge require that you are connecting in MAD? If you are just arriving and terminating at MAD aren't you herded into the baggage / customs area?
IIRC that is right, but it's not like any herding I used to do.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

I believe in that case, if you are arriving in Business Plus on IB (or have appropriate Iberia Plus, not oneworld, status,) you can shower at the SPA (but if arriving on AA, that's a fee for service possibility). I think so, anyway.

Originally Posted by stc
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:53 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
It is Mövenpick ice cream, and yes, those are the flavors I've seen as well. DELICIOUS Swiss ice cream! Mmm....
Mövenpick is gone, replaced by Häagen-Dazs...

Oh, the humanity!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by LRD

Oh, the humanity!
I will miss the Movenpick ice cream at the Dali Lounge - they were good!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:16 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LRD

Oh, the humanity!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do they at least still come in cute little serving sizes? I have no will power when it comes to ice cream, so I need all the portion control help I can get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.