FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/634552-just-made-exp-executive-platinum-resources-ask-questions-brag-pre-2017-a.html)

LiamAP Sep 9, 2014 1:43 pm

Congratulation =)

Me too, just achieved EXP for the first time after waiting a week long for the AB flights to post. I am from Germany so it's quite difficult to do mileage-run but looking forward to fly with American soon. As Gold for a very short time and then got Platinum after the challenge, my upgrade rate within the US was awesome (GOLD 3/4 PLAT 14/15). Greets ^^

AlwaysSunnyInORD Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Another new EXP checking in! Had my 100th segment this afternoon.

Arsey00 Sep 26, 2014 4:23 am

I'm patiently waiting for my flights which credited to BA (despite my entering and double checking on my AA number) to be released and transferred to AA.

After which point, I will be EXP for the first, and likely only, time in my life. I should have had it on my last flight, but was at an airport with no first lounge and flying BA which meant no other perks anyway so am only mildly annoyed.

dp4m Oct 15, 2014 1:04 pm

After many years, but only a few years of heavy flying (Gold in Jan, Platinum usually every year)... I have finally made EXP this morning after my LHR/EWR flight cleared.

Made on points -- 101,971 to 71,472 miles -- so won't help me on my business travel other than first-class lounges, but will help on my vacations!

Only sad note: the hundreds of thousands of miles I've accumulated for an eventual honeymoon on a oneworld Explorer fare... yeah... :( (one can only hope it's back when US is fully merged in with a single operating certificate)

NickP 1K Oct 16, 2014 3:55 pm

After 10 years off on/off again being a PLT, dumped UA and my 1K (w/2MM) status and stopped flying them for AA and partners.

Made EXP this week with 101,923 miles (and close to 98K in points), should leave the year with 140K miles and likely 115/120K in points

I was status matched for part of last year but didn't end up flying AA due to prior company contracts with UA, the 101K in miles I did this year were with no matching (kept PLAT while working for this) still was forced to for work agency booking fare restrictions to do 30K in travel on Star Alliance ; so would have made this sooner. The CX Premium Economy fares out of LAX helped make this quicker!

MISTERgadget Oct 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Do you think they'll upgrade me if I call and ask nicely?

http://i62.tinypic.com/211tf7c.png

Currently Plat, 3 more trips scheduled this year, will probably end up with another 2 or 3 trips on top of those.

washeelers747 Oct 19, 2014 11:19 am

I made EXP via status challenge (United 1K to EXP). However, I am seeking your assistance. Called AA twice to put 8 SWU into my account, despite the fact that i already earned more than 25k in 90 days. AA acknowledged IT issues but i see nothing since (I'll fly on AA-marketed, EY-operated flight IAD-AUH two weeks later, should i just ignore and wait till I fly this flight to see if AA will put this one into account)? Anyone have similar issues as I do right now?

tom911 Oct 19, 2014 4:39 pm

Do you have documentation from AA about the systemwides? There's been two different challenges out there for 1K members, one with them and one without them. I thought the one with them was long gone and was pretty much focused on those who did the initial 1K match back in 2012. Certainly there could be exceptions.

Also, confirm your 25K is points and not miles? We've had UA converts mess that up in the past.

If they did promise systemwides to you, you'll need them in your account to upgrade if there's availability up front. AA will call the rate desk and attach the systemwides and issue a new ticket and new ticket number. Can't do that without the systemwides in your account. I'd give it a couple days and stay on top of it.

If you have to waitlist for an EXP upgrade, the sooner you get in the request the higher you are on the upgrade list. You wouldn't want this to sit too long if you have a pending AA mainline booking you want to upgrade.

Tom in Amsterdam

GadgetFreak Oct 23, 2014 6:13 am

This was my first year not being a top tier flyer on at least one carrier since the mid 90s. I didn't qualify last year due to some time off for medical issues. Doing better this year and just qualified for EXP. Glad to see that happen.

ellaq2008 Nov 4, 2014 4:53 am

Just requalified for EXP on miles on an HKG-DFW 77w yesterday. Had more business trips than expected so the three mileage runs earlier this year turned out to be unnecessary. Hoping to put those 8 SWUs to good use!

callmedtop Nov 6, 2014 9:36 am

YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 100,022

Phew! Did it on a LHR-JFK-BOS flight yesterday - guess it was the JFK-BOS that put me right over :).

Good thing, because I have no other OW planned travel this year.

Nevafazeme Nov 6, 2014 5:35 pm

Made EXP for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I've flown 4 segments in economy since then (award tickets) and I can definitely FEEL the difference between Plat and EXP...very impressed so far!!

BSBD Nov 7, 2014 6:32 am

I've been an AAdvantage member for 24 years, Gold and Platinum several times during those years, but I finally made Executive Platinum! Flew my 100th segment yesterday.

Based on my business forecast for 2015, I have a good chance of renewing EXP at the end of 2015, even with the new segment requirements.

JDiver Nov 7, 2014 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Turbojet (Post 6892594)
I just made to EXP on my way to Easter Island. How do I check e-VIP balance on aa.com? Thanks in advance.

Ask the moai? ;)

anaggie Nov 7, 2014 10:23 am

Been looking for this thread.

First time hitting EXP and qualified in August with:

YTD Elite Qualifying Points 111,917
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 87,441
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 43

WOOHOO !!!