FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/634552-just-made-exp-executive-platinum-resources-ask-questions-brag-pre-2017-a.html)

Arsey00 Jan 13, 2015 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU (Post 24160294)
This may be more about Flight Delay Compensation Regulation 261/2004 were big bucks are paid for delays going to EU. If you are rebooked and are satisfied, you waive the rights to any claim.

Despite being in the midst of an EU 261 claim from September, I hadn't even thought of that. Still satisfied, mind, as €600 wouldn't have covered a Club ticket.

luigibres Jan 17, 2015 9:45 am

A couple of questions concerning qualifying for 2016: 1) My wife is new to the AA frequent flyer program. Suppose they let her do one of those challenges for EXP, I've read that if the challenge is completed before July, then the benefits only hold until Feb. 2016, whereas, if completed in July or later, she would be EXP until 2017. 2) Similarly for me, if I hit 100K miles before July, does my EXP last only until Feb. 2016 or Feb. 2017. I'm trying to catch up, but I'm behind the curve with all the changes going on. Thanks.

vasantn Jan 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by luigibres (Post 24184197)
A couple of questions concerning qualifying for 2016: 1) My wife is new to the AA frequent flyer program. Suppose they let her do one of those challenges for EXP,

Not gonna happen.

I've read that if the challenge is completed before July, then the benefits only hold until Feb. 2016, whereas, if completed in July or later, she would be EXP until 2017.

This is true for standard GLD and PLT challenges, and the cutoff is on or after the start date (June 16) and not the end date. EXP challenges tend to be more customized, and in any event one is not going to be offered.

2) Similarly for me, if I hit 100K miles before July, does my EXP last only until Feb. 2016 or Feb. 2017.

You are not on a challenge so when you complete your 100K is irrelevant, as long as it is within the calendar year.

I'm trying to catch up, but I'm behind the curve with all the changes going on. Thanks.

Clearly ;). However, this doesn't seem to be the right thread for your queries.

tom911 Jan 17, 2015 12:47 pm

1) My wife is new to the AA frequent flyer program. Suppose they let her do one of those challenges for EXP

Is she a UA 1K flyer? Those seem to be the only flyers that might have access to that.

Tom in Lisbon

JonNYC Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 24185031)
Is she a UA 1K flyer? Those seem to be the only flyers that might have access to that.

Tom in Lisbon

With other caveats/exceptions as well-- but certainly none that would apply in this case. Gold or plat challenge only.

trekker954 Jan 17, 2015 1:26 pm

I made my EXP on December 8th. It was this past Tues or Wed that I received my new Executive Platinum card; two baggage tags and the booklet that also included those attaboy slips you give to deserving AA personnel.

carsnoceans Feb 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Any other useful bit in EXP kit besides baggage tags?

txpenny Feb 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans (Post 24363203)
Any other useful bit in EXP kit besides baggage tags?

My bags are first off the plane. Don't know if that's a bene, or coincidence from the few times I've checked luggage.

imapilotaz Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 24367554)
My bags are first off the plane. Don't know if that's a bene, or coincidence from the few times I've checked luggage.

Lucky, mine have been near the back of the queue.

SonP May 1, 2015 9:36 pm

Completed a crazy 3 months (at least for me) of trips to Asia. Thanks to AA's 2015 EQP promotion I was able to secure EXP for another year.

Currently at:
68,471 EQM
106,650 EQP
19 EQS

Regards,
SonP

Arsey00 May 2, 2015 7:25 am

Again, I had some flights that should have taken me over 100k that didn't credit (second year in a row) and had to request. The flights eventually posted on Friday, but my account still says I have no SWUs.

Is there usually a wait time? Or is it because I had to request the credit?

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George May 2, 2015 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Arsey00 (Post 24754216)
Again, I had some flights that should have taken me over 100k that didn't credit (second year in a row) and had to request. The flights eventually posted on Friday, but my account still says I have no SWUs.

Is there usually a wait time? Or is it because I had to request the credit?

It usually takes a 2-3 days for the SWUs to post. You should see them no later than Monday. Make sure you are scrolling all the way down below current stickers.

Arsey00 May 2, 2015 9:26 am

Thanks. I'll be patient then :)

As it's only my second year qualifying for EXP, and both qualifications happened to be on the flights which didn't credit, I didn't know the general procedure.

rafatmit May 2, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm a new EXP thanks to the late great US challenge. I came over from UA and couldn't be happier with how much better things are in AA land. Thanks to the PEK J fare, I will requalify in May, which leads to my AA newbie question: Are there marginal benefits to miles/points after 100,000? Not sure if I should look at crediting flights to someone else after I requalify.

JDiver May 2, 2015 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by rafatmit (Post 24755774)
I'm a new EXP thanks to the late great US challenge. I came over from UA and couldn't be happier with how much better things are in AA land. Thanks to the PEK J fare, I will requalify in May, which leads to my AA newbie question: Are there marginal benefits to miles/points after 100,000? Not sure if I should look at crediting flights to someone else after I requalify.

Congratulations!

We can't predict, of course, but in previous years extra SWU have been forthcoming - most recently in increments of 25,000 past 100,000. AA has also offered various bonuses in the past at certain mile points.

I'm wondering if doing the same this year might be impacted by the EQP bonus for premium fares.