Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

GRU São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport
Admirals Club and other lounges contracted by oneworld partner airlines

Link to GRU airport information on aa.com
Link to GRU website (English)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool
Link to GRU Admirals Club page on aa.com

GRU T-3 Admirals Club
Access: Accessible to those qualifying passengers departing on AA marketed and operated flight.
Amenities:
  • USB and AC power at seats (need plug adapter to use AC)
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Business Center
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Self-service hot and cold food, variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
  • Children's Room
  • Flat screen televisions
  • Two shower suites with amenities
  • Telephones
Link to photos by Mestre das Milhas (Brasil).
Link to article with extensive photos

LATAM VIP lounge
Access: Eligible passengers departing on British Airways or Iberia flights
Hours: For current hours and further information, please see here.
Amenities:
"Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's first joint VIP lounge, offering abundant natural light and an unparalleled view of the airport. In addition to an entertainment room with individual tablets, video games and wi-fi connection throughout, the lounge is separated into various sections, each with its own ambiance. All seating is equipped with power sockets and USB ports, thus enabling customers to remain connected at all times. For those who prefer to relax, the lounge offers exclusive shower rooms and bathing products with scents of tropical Brazilian fruits. The buffet of hot and cold dishes is nearly 30 meters long and offers a wide selection of culinary options. Customers can also choose from a wide variety of premium beverages or relax with a draft beer at the bar."

Executive Lounge GRU Airport Operated by a third party.
Access: Eligible passengers departing on Qatar Airways flights
Opening hours: Daily: 07:00-02:30
Amenities:
  • Free Wifi
  • Food and Beverages
  • Showers
  • Wheelchair access
  • Television

Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Special Information: U.S. Citizens: You must obtain your Brazilian visa in advance from the Brazilian Embassy or consulate nearest to your place of residence in the United States. Visas cannot be obtained at the airport, and immigration authorities will refuse entry into Brazil to anyone not possessing a valid visa. (This is waived for a time period about the Olympic Games.)

For visas, you may use a visa service in the city with the Brazilian Consulate serving your geographical area. To submit documents and interview for a visa, you can only use the Brazilian Consulate with jurisdiction serving the area where you live. Each Consulate may have different requirements and time frames for securing your visa; check the requirements of the Consulate having jurisdiction over where you live. You will not be allowed to apply at any other Consulate than the one with jurisdiction.

List of Brazilian Consulates in the U.S.A. with links to their sites. Note, some may not work.
Print Wikipost

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

GRU / Aeroporto Internacional "Governador André Franco Montoro" / Aeroporto de Guarulhos, São Paulo, Brasil
Terminal 3 Admirals Club has recently been refurbished throughout.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 27, 2016 at 2:43 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:27 pm

News Flash!

The grand opening of Admirals Club at Terminal 3 in Guarulhos will take place on October 6th, at 11am.

Source: http://www.mestredasmilhas.com/2015/...lines-ira.html
Source: http://www.falandodeviagem.com.br/vi...269483#p269483

Last edited by YorkshireTeaLover; Sep 27, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
All good news but still we don't have an arrivals lounge in GRU
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by gabrielbf
All good news but still we don't have an arrivals lounge in GRU
It would be great, but I don't think this is a priority for the managers of the airport right now. I don't know, but I suppose they'd have to redesign the entire arrivals area before customs and passport control. This would take a lot of time and require substantial investments. They could also have it after customs and passport control, which would also require further studies and investments.

I'd most likely not use it, though.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PM
GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

The TAM lounge is pretty good. I wonder if the AC will be as good or better. If not, I'll keep using the TAM lounge
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Corganbr
The TAM lounge is pretty good. I wonder if the AC will be as good or better. If not, I'll keep using the TAM lounge
Or not, as the various Brazilian media state the LATAM lounge will be restricted to those departing on LAN, TAM or Iberia, the Admirals Club to those departing on AA (BA and QR, the Executive Lounge).

The oneworld lounge access page indicates the same.

We will be able to verify that as members post their experiences once the Club opens. (We can hope the press is wrong.)

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 1, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
The LATAM lounge was ok, was in it three weeks ago. The food offerings were about the same as the executive lounge - though it was better then the former AC lounge. Hopefully this one is a lot better. And better throne (crapper) capacity than the former AC.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
The new lounge at GRU is open and it looks amazing! This just might be the nicest admirals club in the world.

I'll be there on Monday.

Here's an article from the press event in Brazil. The article is in Portuguese but the pictures should suffice.

http://passageirodeprimeira.com/conh...-guarulhos-t3/
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
Or not, as the various Brazilian media state the LATAM lounge will be restricted to those departing on LAN, TAM or Iberia, the Admirals Club to those departing on AA (BA and QR, the Executive Lounge).

The oneworld lounge access page indicates the same.

We will be able to verify that as members post their experiences once the Club opens. (We can hope the press is wrong.)
Is that for access based on cabin flown (this makes more sense), or for Sapphire/Emerald access as well? Even an AA EXP/Plat flying on LAN or TAM won't be allowed into the AA lounge?

I assume an Admiral's club member still has access regardless of flight plans like all other AA lounges.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Here now, and I'll stand by what I said. Nicest AC in the system. Better food than the JFK flagship lounge too
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by flipside
The new lounge at GRU is open and it looks amazing! This just might be the nicest admirals club in the world.

I'll be there on Monday.

Here's an article from the press event in Brazil. The article is in Portuguese but the pictures should suffice.

http://passageirodeprimeira.com/conh...-guarulhos-t3/
Muito bom ! Muito linda ! E um distribuidor caparinha em foto ultima??

Very good ! Very beautiful ! Is that a caparinha dispenser in the last picture?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Here now, and I'll stand by what I said. Nicest AC in the system. Better food than the JFK flagship lounge too
The design elements are somewhat similar to the Intercontinental Hotel on Alameda Santos in centro Sao Paulo. This club, if the pictures are not lying, is stunning.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Here now, and I'll stand by what I said. Nicest AC in the system.
It's good to hear that they are putting some real investment into refurbishing lounges.

Better food than the JFK flagship lounge too
That's not a very high bar to pass...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
A few photos included below from my recent visit... I'm very impressed with the overall design and quality of the food offerings. ^

-FlyerBeek

Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:58 pm

Lounge help in GRU please

Hello All,

Passing through GRU for the first time, so all help appreciated.

Flying AA J class to GRU, connecting then to GOL flight to AEP. GOL flight is in Y booked on DL skypesos!!

I'm an AA EXP
I'm an Alitalia Alata Plus (No DL status)
I have priority pass lounge access
I have Amex Plat card

Two, questions:

1) Layovers in GRU are long, 7 hrs and 5 hrs going and coming, any advice on this connection? Like print GOL boarding pass, clearing transit, etc. I'll have not checked bags
2) Suggestions on lounge access? emphasis on fast internet and good food. Outbound layover is 12 pm to 7 pm and inbound is 7 pm to midnight.

Thank you!

MTG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.