Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines and US Airways > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Combined Airline and Program)
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 5, 15, 11:55 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (master thread)
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: AA-Flyer-SAN
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this wikipost; contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

NOTE: The GRU Admirals Club closed temporarily as they build a new club in Terminal 3 in 2015.

During the transition, members and eligible guests are invited to visit the Executive Lounge GRU Airport located in Term 3.

----Executive Lounge GRU Airport----
Terminal 3

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:

-First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
-Proof of oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire status
-Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card

*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft.

Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 23, 15, 7:19 am   #31

Programs: AA-EXP, UA-Silver, HH Honors Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Five-Star
Why would an AC post be moved to the PC forum? ACs are now system wide for US and AA.
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:01 pm   #32

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN View Post
(Since the ACs are now a merged entity I'm going to post it here in this room)

Has anyone frequented the lounge in GRU recently at the new terminal (3)? I know they closed the one at T2 and they are using a third party vendor in the mean time. Are there AA agents working the temp club? And are they really building a new one?
Was there Saturday 02/21. No AC yet, they're using the TAM/LAN lounge as well as the GRU Lounge. Both had some bites and an ok drink selection. Plenty of seating and surprisingly nice restrooms on the JJ lounge.
mbarreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 15, 4:49 pm   #33

Programs: AA-EXP, UA-Silver, HH Honors Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Five-Star
Which lounge do you recommend?
Old Feb 23, 15, 7:01 pm   #34
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

As the facility serves AA/ US and will be serving the "new" consolidated American Airlines, it will relocate to the American Airlines | AAdvantage (Combined Airlines and Programs forum.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 23, 15 at 7:21 pm.
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 15, 6:59 am   #35

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN View Post
Which lounge do you recommend?
IMO, they're not that far apart. I'd give a slight edge to the Tam lounge. It's bright, plenty of comfortable seating, some views of the terminal below, showers, cool restrooms...

The GRU Club is pretty open, though a weird layout. There are quasi-separate seating areas throughout. It's a bit darker and smaller. I tried the salad and it was tasty, they had some warm food there as well.

In the end, they're about 100 feet from each other, so easy to visit both and choose the one you like better.

There's also a GRU First Class lounge right in front of the Tam lounge. It looked nice, comfortable, private. But I'm not sure what's the deal, it seemed open (TV monitors were on, lights were on, I could see nice booze in the counter), there was no one there and the automatic doors wouldn't open.

To get to either lounge, just go up the escalators immediately after passport control.
mbarreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 15, 9:39 am   #36

GRU Lounge

Right now the lounge is at T3 but the AA agent at GRU. It's not an AC per se, but a generic lounge. The gate agent at GRU told me the other day that they are building a new AC back in T2. Not sure if it's true, but it would seem like the right idea.
NYbarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 15, 4:10 pm   #37

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, HG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbarna View Post
The gate agent at GRU told me the other day that they are building a new AC back in T2. Not sure if it's true, but it would seem like the right idea.
As per aa.com:
Quote:
The GRU Admirals Club closed temporarily as we build a new club in Terminal 3 in 2015.
petewinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 15, 12:55 am   #38

Anyone heard or seen any progress on the new club?