Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 3:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

DFW / Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport Admirals Clubs
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I vote for the one in Terminal E.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I vote for the one in Terminal E.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Clubs at the D gate, I think, have the best showers. Other than that, pretty much the same.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:04 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
A's "rainforest" showers are better than D, but D has more space in the shower area. C is similar to D but with fewer showers.

A>D>C>B
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The A Shower is the best airport shower in the country I'd say.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:22 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by doss1
Hey guys I have a layover this weekend in DFW and recently got the Citi AA card with Admiral Club access. I see there are 4 Admiral Clubs at DFW! Which one is the preferred one or are they all the same? I'm not sure what my gate is yet. Thanks.
Merged with the existing thread in the pre-merger AA forum. Thanks! /Moderator
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Hey guys I have a layover this weekend in DFW and recently got the Citi AA card with Admiral Club access. I see there are 4 Admiral Clubs at DFW! Which one is the preferred one or are they all the same? I'm not sure what my gate is yet. Thanks.
D is probably the most popular club. It has a good view of the ramp. A and C overlook the non-secure side of the terminal, so there's not a good view there. B is the smallest, but it's probably my favorite. There are no lounge dragons, so you get to see and talk with he AAngels every time you come in. There's rarely a wait at the bar and you can always get a good seat. The only downside is the club location isn't central to the terminal, so it can be a 20 minute walk to your gate.

How long is your layover? It may not be worth going to any club except for the one in your departing terminal.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If I have time these are my order of preference:

- D
- A
- C
- B

However, if I have less time I'll just go with whatever is closest to my gate. They all have the same amount of free food and beverages, newspapers, computers and showers (minus B, they may not have showers).
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Club / Clubs and oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

I really like the B club as it is rarely crowded, but unfortunately it is rarely convenient for most of my connections. The D club is always crowded, but with the Amex Centurion club available, I now avoid D altogether.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 4:05 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I love all the DFW clubs and frequent them all. A has the best showers, B is the least busy, D has the biggest bar area. The staff rotates among clubs so that's not a factor: all of the AC AAngels are great. Usually I just go to the club nearest my departure gate.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I had the chance to visit my first Admirals Club yesterday at DFW and it was exciting. I always viewed the Club as something only the "rich and famous" are able to use, but thanks to the new Citi AA Mastercard, a peon like me can use it. They sure are marketing the new Citi card as "the only card that will get you in to the Admiral Club". There are banners and signs at every entrance. The AAngels were giving the card pamphlets to people walking in. I was surprised how busy these Clubs were (I visited A and D). The TV lounge in D was dirty, imho. Plastic cups and napkins on the floor, but it's a lounge, so I can forgive. D had a "cell-free" zone in the back which I enjoyed as some of the families did not keep their screaming kids in the Family section.

On the way home back to STL I stopped at the STL Admiral's Club before taking the metro (it's right next to the metrolink) and thought it was better than the DFW Clubs, but only because it was smaller and seemed more personable. What I liked about the STL club was there seemed to be more food choices (cheese, salad stuff, crackers and the usual trail mix stuff), including the soda fountain drinks which were self-serve. The bar was separate. The computer chairs were Aeron and the PCs were much faster, for some reason. I think it was also recently renovated as everything looked polished and waxed.

Too bad my upcoming flights from STL are all Southwest...I can't get to Terminal 1 (AA) from Terminal 2 without having to go through TSA again, can I?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:05 pm

I had the chance to visit my first Admirals Club yesterday at DFW and it was exciting. I always viewed the Club as something only the "rich and famous" are able to use, but thanks to the new Citi AA Mastercard, a peon like me can use it. They sure are marketing the new Citi card as "the only card that will get you in to the Admiral Club". There are banners and signs at every entrance. The AAngels were giving the card pamphlets to people walking in. I was surprised how busy these Clubs were (I visited A and D). The TV lounge in D was dirty, imho. Plastic cups and napkins on the floor, but it's a lounge, so I can forgive. D had a "cell-free" zone in the back which I enjoyed as some of the families did not keep their screaming kids in the Family section.

On the way home back to STL I stopped at the STL Admiral's Club before taking the metro (it's right next to the metrolink) and thought it was better than the DFW Clubs, but only because it was smaller and seemed more personable. What I liked about the STL club was there seemed to be more food choices (cheese, salad stuff, crackers and the usual trail mix stuff), including the soda fountain drinks which were self-serve. The bar was separate. The computer chairs were Aeron and the PCs were much faster, for some reason. I think it was also recently renovated as everything looked polished and waxed.

Too bad my upcoming flights from STL are all Southwest...I can't get to Terminal 1 (AA) from Terminal 2 without having to go through TSA again, can I?
Glad you enjoyed your first experience, nice to hear from someone on FT who isn't jaded As to STL, unless something has changed you can walk from WN to AA. It's a long walk though.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:47 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by CMK10
As to STL, unless something has changed you can walk from WN to AA. It's a long walk though.
It's changed. The D concourse was shut down after the de-hubbing of STL.. then reopened after the tornado damaged the C concourse -- but not enough to allow access to the East Terminal. Now that C has reopened, D is closed completely.

Greg
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by GregL
It's changed. The D concourse was shut down after the de-hubbing of STL.. then reopened after the tornado damaged the C concourse -- but not enough to allow access to the East Terminal. Now that C has reopened, D is closed completely.

Greg
Ah my bad. Shows why I shouldn't use 8 year old, outdated information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.