Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA / BA / IB Europe "On Business" programme Nov 30 2015 (ex-Business Extra in Europe)

AA / BA / IB Europe "On Business" programme Nov 30 2015 (ex-Business Extra in Europe)

Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro
Business Extra shut in Europe from Nov 30 '15 - migrates to BA On Business

I just got a letter from AA (which required signing for) stating "Effective November 30, 2015, the Business Extra program will close in the United Kingdon and will merge with the On Business program offered by British Airways. On Business will become the new business loyalty program for American, British Airways, and Iberia throughout Europe."

For those effected, points left in a Business Extra account n Nov 30th will be lost, you need to migrate them to an On Business account via businessextra.com/migration - getting 3 On Business points for each Business Extra point moved over (will credit by Jan 30, 2016).

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 9, 2015 at 8:54 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Whoof! That JBV has certainly broadened it's scope...
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:02 pm

It looks like the On Business program is flights only - none of the other, little stuff, like Admirals Club passes, that Business Extra offered. I'm somewhat disappointed, but I hardly racked up a lot of BE points, in any case.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The Business Extra master thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html. We've put up a prominent notice in the wiki banner of that thread.

We will rededicate this thread to the AA / BA / IB On Business program.

/Moderator
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Business Extraa to On Business migration

Hi -

I took four BA flights (Europe to JNB r/t) earlier this month and put my BE number in the booking. Usually, points don't show up in my BE account till the following month, and normally that's fine.

However, BE in the UK is being closed down on November 30, so I need to transfer my existing BE points into On Business by that date (at a 3x enhanced rate). The question is, how can I get my JNB points that will post in December into my BE account, if that account will no longer be active?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.