Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

EXP cancel return on award ticket after taken outbound

Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP

I know that as an EXP you can cancel an award ticket or part of an award ticket and have the miles and taxes refunded to you. Does this also apply after you take the outbound flight but before the return flight? If I cancel the return after taking the outbound will I get the miles and taxes refunded?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by william142
I know that as an EXP you can cancel an award ticket or part of an award ticket and have the miles and taxes refunded to you. Does this also apply after you take the outbound flight but before the return flight? If I cancel the return after taking the outbound will I get the miles and taxes refunded?
An award ticket is one way. You my have two awards to make up a round trip. You can cancel the return award and have everything refunded.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by JDiver
An award ticket is one way. You my have two awards to make up a round trip. You can cancel the return award and have everything refunded.
Thanks that is what I figured. Just wanted to make sure...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.