Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Will AA inherit US's free beer/wine in [US Shuttle] coach?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold

Just flew US Airways for the first time and was impressed (and surprised) that they have free beer and wine in domestic coach. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about integrating this into AA. Will AA make them free as well? Or will US start charging?
Old May 21, 2015, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Just flew US Airways for the first time and was impressed (and surprised) that they have free beer and wine in domestic coach. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about integrating this into AA. Will AA make them free as well? Or will US start charging?
IIRC that is just for the shuttle runs (DCA-LGA/BOS, LGA-BOS, DCA). I was on the DCA/BOS shuttle yesterday and was surprised US still had free beer and wine in Y. US also hands out little DL type snacks on the shuttle routes.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
That's correct. It is just the shuttle.

Safe Travels
Old May 21, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Oh. It was LGA-DCA, but it didn't seem any different from a regular flight otherwise. Not like the old days when the shuttles were highly branded and had free magazines etc.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
USS only.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They have options, from adopting this fleet wide (IMO, it'll never happen), to discontinuing on Shuttle flights or continuing with Shuttle enhancements for competitive reasons. Someone at AAUS has metrics.

Since the new boss hasn't discontinued over the years, probably the latter, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.