Mileage when flight is diverted.

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:47 pm
Used to be 'roachjl'
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Mileage when flight is diverted.

Given the craziness at DFW today my flight was diverted. I am in the middle of a status challenge and it is going to be close, so all miles count. Will I get credit for miles flown or miles on original schedule? Will they give me credit for the extra miles due to the diversion. And will I get an extra segment credit (I know segments don't matter).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
Given the craziness at DFW today my flight was diverted. I am in the middle of a status challenge and it is going to be close, so all miles count. Will I get credit for miles flown or miles on original schedule? Will they give me credit for the extra miles due to the diversion. And will I get an extra segment credit (I know segments don't matter).
No you won't get EQMs for a diversion. You might get comped RDMs for the diversion at best. I thought challenges are based upon EQPs.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:22 pm
Used to be 'roachjl'
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
No you won't get EQMs for a diversion. You might get comped RDMs for the diversion at best. I thought challenges are based upon EQPs.
Yes, but aren't points just miles multiplied by a factor of what class of ticket you're on.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
Yes, but aren't points just miles multiplied by a factor of what class of ticket you're on.
Yes, what NewYorkGeorge is saying is that you won't get increased EQM or EQP for the diversion. At best you might get some bonus miles into your FF account. Don't count on it.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
You'll get the originally scheduled miles.

The good news is if you'd been switched involuntarily to shorter or nonstop flights, you could request Original Routing Credit; the bad news is this is what you get with diversions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.