Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

RDU / Raleigh - Durham Int'l. Airport Terminal 2-C Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Link to RDU AA airport information.

Link to RDU airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 2, after Security, across from Gates C1 and C3.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Food for purchase
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers
  • Conference Rooms
Print Wikipost

RDU / Raleigh - Durham Int'l. Airport Terminal 2-C Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

RDU / Raleigh - Durham International Airport Terminal 2-C Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; May 7, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Time to roll out a new thread for this Club.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
One of the best clubs in the system. The AAngels are always friendly and happy to help.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Haven't been there in awhile but a great little AC, which includes a shower.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by JDiver
4:15 a.m.
Much appreciated because the first AA+US departure is a bleak 5:19 am to PHL. And now that there's a daytime PHL-LHR, it's the only eastbound option on AA to LHR.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
RDU / Raleigh - Durham International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

My home club, more crowded than it used to be, but still good.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: PLT AA 2MM, Silver US, DL, NW
RDU / Raleigh - Durham International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

aa173/174 stopped ?
Glaxo allowed that?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jafrelin
aa173/174 stopped ?
Glaxo allowed that?
Wrong thread, but what makes you think they're ending?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Wrong thread, but what makes you think they're ending?
This, I imagine:

Originally Posted by ccengct
Much appreciated because the first AA+US departure is a bleak 5:19 am to PHL. And now that there's a daytime PHL-LHR, it's the only eastbound option on AA to LHR.
Maybe ccengct meant the only daytime option on AA to LHR, as the JFK morning flight is gone, and the ORD connection seems to have disappeared as well.

As for the club, I agree that the staff are great, but also that it is unacceptably crowded. I am not impressed that they handled the merger by just closing the US club and cramming everybody into the old AA one.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:24 pm

would have been nice if they'd moved DL's lounge down to the old US Air lounge and let AA have one big lounge combining AA and old DL. They are probably hoping eventually UA wants to put in a lounge in the available space with US out. DL will never move because it'd be farther from the gates they use...Unless they swap DL and US gates.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Maybe ccengct meant the only daytime option on AA to LHR, as the JFK morning flight is gone, and the ORD connection seems to have disappeared as well.
That is indeed what I meant. AA discontinued its morning eastbound flight from JFK, and the two BA flights depart too early to make a connection from RDU. The same thing happened at BOS several years ago. BA times its flights so that passengers can make onward connections at LHR, whereas AA had been content with late evening arrivals.

The connection at ORD for LHR comes and goes, based on the timing of the first RDU-ORD flight of the day. Unfortunately AA's schedule RDU-ORD has fallen to only 2X. WN has largely chased AA out of the RDU-Chicago market.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The connection at ORD for LHR comes and goes, based on the timing of the first RDU-ORD flight of the day. Unfortunately AA's schedule RDU-ORD has fallen to only 2X. WN has largely chased AA out of the RDU-Chicago market.
AA operates 4x RDU-ORD, all mainline too. The last few years it's been either 4x or 5x with a mix of Eagle and Mainline. Incidentally, WN operates 4x RDU-MDW.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
AA operates 4x RDU-ORD, all mainline too. The last few years it's been either 4x or 5x with a mix of Eagle and Mainline. Incidentally, WN operates 4x RDU-MDW.
I must have caught then on a schedule transition day, you're correct. And that's good news because the RDU-ORD-LHR eastbound dayflight connection will reopen.
Old May 9, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I must have caught then on a schedule transition day, you're correct. And that's good news because the RDU-ORD-LHR eastbound dayflight connection will reopen.
I love daytime TA flights, but checking in at RDU in the early morning is a nightmare. Lots of flights leaving at once, and woefully understaffed (even though the agents they do have are superb).
Old May 9, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I love daytime TA flights, but checking in at RDU in the early morning is a nightmare. Lots of flights leaving at once, and woefully understaffed (even though the agents they do have are superb).
The other way to do RDU-LHR daytime is via PHL, a recent addition. There's an RDU-PHL flight departing 0525. I took it this week. Believe me, no crowds at check-in or TSA at 0400. By the way, the Admirals Club at RDU now opens 0415. The PHL-LHR flight is a 757 but so far, loadings on the flight are light according the FAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.