Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the deal with AA.com [merger-related web site issues]

Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM

Need to get to my reservations. How long until can access on line?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:31 pm

I'm not able to log in to my AAdvantage account, but I am able to see my reservations. Go to My Trips and choose the option to view without logging in.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Thanks UrbanDweller....appreciated!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
probably not until later tonight. it's been down pretty much all day since they joined code for US airways / AA login. looks like some IT folks didn't quite test + scale their systems properly.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm back up with my merged miles. Looking good so far.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:17 pm

That's good to know!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Rock72
probably not until later tonight. it's been down pretty much all day since they joined code for US airways / AA login. looks like some IT folks didn't quite test + scale their systems properly.
the websites have not been down at all. only the ability to log in has not been available since they are merging the systems. how is that a reflection on incorrect IT processes? its not.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:28 pm

At first I too was thinking maybe they were having some kind of database or application issue. But considering the large number of transactions, it does make sense to shut down account access for a while.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Please see the latest merger updates thread.

AA and US said accounts would be down from time to time as 100 million accounts with myriad data are merged. Read Gary Leff's interview with SuzannevRubin here: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-upgrade-work/

We've experienced accounts hiatus or zeroed accounts on weekends when major batch processing occurs; this is the "mother of all batches".

Meantime, I was able to check in for my pending flights, request meals for those on Monday, and print my boarding passes / send them to my mobile. My account? Fuhgeddaboudit.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
looked to me like login and the forgot password was broken.

this morning, login didn't work...didn't accept my password. so i then tried forgot password and that didn't work either.

later, they put in an error screen saying that login didn't work.

i remember aa.com way back in the day when they were built on top of a software platform called broadvision. it had some issues and they eventually rewrote everything using atg dynamo. i don't know what they use these days but although some areas of the site was working today, parts were broken.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
It was down today as planned due to merger integration, it wasn't "broken".

It's back up, I've confirmed my miles and lifetime/MM balances transferred, and I've checked in for a flight later today without problems.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Quite a large merge of data so not surprised at all by some kinks being worked through.

Was on the phone with the EP desk last eve and even they were having hick-ups on their systems but he seemed to thinking it was now (or nearly) sorted.

Safe travels!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
the websites have not been down at all. only the ability to log in has not been available since they are merging the systems. how is that a reflection on incorrect IT processes? its not.
I was definitely experiencing an inability to access the site at all earlier yesterday. So yes, it is a reflection.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Degerminator
I was definitely experiencing an inability to access the site at all earlier yesterday. So yes, it is a reflection.
Then you had an one off issue. Most reports are that people could access the sites just not log in which was to expected. A one-off situation is not a reflecting of IT problems on the part of the airline.

I was able to use both the AA and US websites without issue yesterday. Just couldn't log in.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
2 days ago, I checked the balances in all 4 of my and my wife's AA and USAir accounts - I figured it would be good to have up-to-date numbers before the mashup.

I checked today and my wife's AA + DM accounts were merged fine, AA.com shows the correct new combined total.

I tried logging in to my AA account and it rejects my credentials. I tried multiple times using my AA login, all failed. Tried once using USAir DM login and that failed, too.

I think I have used 5 of the 6 attempts they give you before "locking" your account, so I'm hesitant to take another crack at it.

Anyone else find that their login credentials are rejected as of today?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.