Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Latest merger updates: FFP merged 28 Mar. Updates, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

US Dividend Miles Successfully Merged Into AA AAdvantage March 2015

AA spokesperson Laura Nedbal states all USDM accounts have been ported over to AAdvantage as of 31 March. Further work to be done on accounts members matched. There will be a method on aa.com soon for members to merge accounts. Link to Dallas Morning News Aviation Blog by Terry Maxon.
Members stating employees say the conversion began the night of the 25th, CPs first and on down the status line, expected processing to complete Saturday. USDM status is now reflected in AA accounts. CP->EXP SWUs are showing up in accounts as well.
mmthomas44 reports in post #90 migation did not extend the original DM expiration.
aa.com: We know 500-mile upgrades are new for Dividend Miles Preferred members. So we'll add four 500-mile upgrades for every 10,000 Preferred qualifying miles earned from March 1, 2014 (or the date you qualified for Preferred status) through February 28, 2015 (maximum of 24). You can use these upgrades on flights over 500 miles or to upgrade a travel companion.

What to expect Link to this page (24 March 2015)

On March 28, we’ll begin transitioning to a single loyalty program and bringing millions of Dividend Miles members into the AAdvantage program. This process will take several days.

If you have a Dividend Miles account or if you matched your accounts, there’s nothing you need to do. Soon you’ll get an email with your new AAdvantage number or an email to let you know we’ve combined your accounts. Until then, you can continue to use your Dividend Miles number.
  • You can still book, check in and log in on aa.com and usairways.com
  • Some functionality like the ability to make Dividend Miles profile and notification updates will be unavailable for a few days
  • You’ll continue to earn miles and your new activity will post to your AAdvantage account on aa.com when the programs have combined
Want to book Dividend Miles award travel?

March 25 is the last day to book Dividend Miles award travel; redemption will be unavailable while we work to combine loyalty programs. Once we’ve combined loyalty programs, you can book award travel with your miles on aa.com.
28 March: Account merger; US Dividend Miles begin becoming AAdvantage miles. (US e-mail)

Major AA batch processes typically occur on weekends, and can take a day or two (perhaps longer this mother of all batches?) During processing time, accounts often are "zeroed out"(see thread), usually with an annotation:

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

-or-

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."
25 March midnight: End of new USDM award redemptions. (US e-mail)

20 Mar: Accounts can no longer be matched; USDM missing mile request link no longer appears on US site.

18 Mar: Attempt to sign up for USDM directs you to AAdvantage signup.

FFP merger: stated by 11 Mar, 2015.

See: Combining our loyalty programs in 2015 on aa.com for details.

Miles and Status
  • AA and USDM accounts should be matched by 20 March 2015.
  • USDM members have all PQM / RDM merged into AAdvantage accounts on 1:1 basis. (Those without existing or matched AAdvantage accounts will be assigned new accounts.)
  • USDM elite status level based on combined EQ activity for 2014.
  • AA status for 2016 based on combined 2015 YTD AA / US elite-qualifying activity.
  • AAdvantage miles earned and redeemable on all AA, US and stipulated partner flights.
Upgrades:
  • Merged FFP, different elite benefits on AA and US for an interim.
  • AA upgrade process adopted universally "when we have a single (Sabre) reservation system" "later this year".
  • Until then, "to upgrade, you should book flights that are marketed and operated by the same airline."
Credit cards with early boarding and free domestic bag privileges
  • Once FFPs combine, one free domestic checked bag and priority boarding will apply on AA and US for those with card privileges.
USDM awards bookings
  • Dividend Miles award bookings and mileage upgrade requests will be disabled a few days before we combine programs to allow us to integrate your accounts.
Some useful resources:

FT:Airport Terminal, Gate & Counter Changes

Link to Gary Leff's "View from the Wing" interview with AA's Suzanne Rubin

Link to TravelingBetter with JonNYC's information.

MODERATOR NOTE (Please do not alter.)

Q. My posts are missing! What happened?

Your posts have been moved, not deleted; please read on.[

We're trying to keep this thread super streamlined for announced and reported changes as they occur. Many of us from both sides of the "airline divide" have questions and concerns, and some of our most knowledgeable members are weighing with answers.

We've relocated questions and answers here to the JUST THE FACTS sticky thread, which has become the de facto thread for these many questions and has been slightly renamed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fp-2014-a.html

Questions regarding upgrades have moved to the existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-threads.html.

The original thread, discussing the facts of the upcoming Frequent Flyer Program merger (U S Dividend Miles into AAdvantage) as announced in October, 2014, is JUST THE FACTS: Combined AA/US AAdvantage FFP Oct 2014 – details & facts only. This thread deals with more recent announcements (13 March 2015) relating to timelines and related changes (expected to take place in "under thirty days").

We've been discussing these issues in several threads, but recent AA and US e-mails certainly clinch some of those discussions. The first post contains the full contents of both e-mails.

Print Wikipost

Latest merger updates: FFP merged 28 Mar. Updates, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
There will be a mild delay in flights posting during this merger. We're all used to the 24 hour AA flight posts to AAdvantage but at least for this weekend/week expect a little longer time. I have flights from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday not posted yet. All AA metal.
Hey everyone - FYI - just accessed my account online (AA site) and all of my activity from 3/26 - 3/29 just posted. Also note that I had a mix of Dividend Miles and AAdvantage numbers in my record(s) and all segments for this period posted perfectly (I noticed that I had been minted as AA EXP on Mar 26 prior to conversion so modified my future flights accordingly).

[Edit: One exception - One AA segment (AA metal) that I flew on 3/23, which posted to my US account on 3/25, never got US CP bonus mileage credit which would have posted one day later (3/26) but of course didn't due to conversion. I can see this being one of perhaps many nuances that perhaps IT didn't program around. Will wait a couple of days before emailing in.]

Added bonus - made 1 MM when accounts were combined and see a bonus of 35K miles posted to my account. Nice surprise (was unaware of this even though this may be common knowledge).

I have to tell you, I give AA/US information technology team an A on this entire conversion (would be A+ but I note that many US members have had trouble logging in to the site post-conversion). Impressive work by them and ahead of schedule.

Last edited by scholity; Mar 30, 2015 at 7:01 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: US/AA Plat | Marriott Gold | National Exec Elite
Flights?

I can log in and my miles are there. But I don't care much about my miles at this point. I can't access any of my upcoming flights. I even tried to look them up by record locator. Nada.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by smitts
I can log in and my miles are there. But I don't care much about my miles at this point. I can't access any of my upcoming flights. I even tried to look them up by record locator. Nada.

I'm able to view my upcoming US flights in the AA app, which is an unexpected bonus. What's odd is that it also shows two itineraries from last year, listing the same dates (but as 2015 rather than 2014). Not sure how that glitch occurred (or why it chose those two).
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: US, HH

Same issue. Can pull them up individually on US under Manage Flights, but other than that not visible or accessible via PNR on AA.com at all. They do now show my AA# on there so not sure why it does not pull up on AA, unless they can't pull up a US ticket stock PNR with no AA flights on them at all. If that's the case, I hope US fixes their display to pull them in via the AA# then.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:32 am

HUGE problem

Nope, they get an F- for this deal. I just got off the phone with AA Platinum desk.
A) she was quite combative and rude.
B)we determined that ANY flight booked on usairways.com will not show up in "My Trips" on aa.com or on "Your Account" on usairways.com

Essentially, if you book on usairways.com there is no way to manage your trips in one place. As she so helpfully told me, you have to keep up with the emails with the record locators or departure dates and use the my trips tab.

This is a major inconvenience for me and I know I fly a lot less than many of you. She told me this will be the case until late 2015.

The fix is obviously to book on aa.com but since I am CLT based my flights are 99% USAir. Booking US on AA has been a disaster for me in the past when problems arise not to mention seat choice and upgrade issues.

Am I blowing this out of proportion?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nope, they get an F- for this deal. I just got off the phone with AA Platinum desk.
A) she was quite combative and rude.
B)we determined that ANY flight booked on usairways.com will not show up in "My Trips" on aa.com or on "Your Account" on usairways.com

Essentially, if you book on usairways.com there is no way to manage your trips in one place. As she so helpfully told me, you have to keep up with the emails with the record locators or departure dates and use the my trips tab.

This is a major inconvenience for me and I know I fly a lot less than many of you. She told me this will be the case until late 2015.

The fix is obviously to book on aa.com but since I am CLT based my flights are 99% USAir. Booking US on AA has been a disaster for me in the past when problems arise not to mention seat choice and upgrade issues.

Am I blowing this out of proportion?
I wasn't expecting a converged reservations system this month. It would be nice but I expected this to happen once the US-marketed flights are gone. I've been managing this by using both the AA and US app to track my flights. I treat them like separate airlines. The biggest difference now is that we'll have a single frequent flyer number for both airlines and a single portal to track our miles.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:48 am

Two questions.

1) On AA it says "Miles that expire on 10/6/15" is that June or October?

2) My US account was registered with Dividend Dining (that was how I kept my miles alive) but I don't see any transactions turning up now. Should it still be working or should I reregister my cards with my AA number somehow?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by jaxbill
I wasn't expecting a converged reservations system this month. It would be nice but I expected this to happen once the US-marketed flights are gone. I've been managing this by using both the AA and US app to track my flights. I treat them like separate airlines. The biggest difference now is that we'll have a single frequent flyer number for both airlines and a single portal to track our miles.
I fly 99% US since I am CLT based so it was never an issue for me the 2 numbers.

For me, manually inputting conf numbers is a pain and something I don't want to keep up with. I understand my US flights not showing up on AA but I don't understand why they aren't on US anymore (automatically that is). Especially when I have 4-6 upcoming flights at a time. Plus, relying on the crappy US app for my travel is a crapshoot
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
we determined that ANY flight booked on usairways.com will not show up in "My Trips" on aa.com or on "Your Account" on usairways.com
I only have one upcoming itinerary (four segments), and it is showing on both sites (and in both apps). Booked via Orbitz with US DM #.

As an aside, I just noticed my first flight on Thursday has already been upgraded, more than 72 hours in advance. This would've been normal under the US DM system (which did upgrades at T-3d rather than T-72h), but I thought this was being changed to exactly 72h to match AA. Fine by me to have it like this.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
I fly 99% US since I am CLT based so it was never an issue for me the 2 numbers.

For me, manually inputting conf numbers is a pain and something I don't want to keep up with. I understand my US flights not showing up on AA but I don't understand why they aren't on US anymore (automatically that is). Especially when I have 4-6 upcoming flights at a time. Plus, relying on the crappy US app for my travel is a crapshoot
I'm in the same boat and will probably be calling the US Plat Desk on Wednesday to see if removing and re-adding my AA# fixes the glitch. I have a feeling that they will be doing this as a last 'clean up' exercise.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM

This does not match my experience. I have a US marketed and operated itinerary booked through the US website that appears in My Trips on aa.com. True, in order to manage the reservation I am transported to the US website since the reservation systems are still separate and will be for a while. But the clickthrough is simple and seamless and takes me directly to my reservation record on the US website.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Two questions.
October. This is American Airlines after all.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ty97
This does not match my experience. I have a US marketed and operated itinerary booked through the US website that appears in My Trips on aa.com. True, in order to manage the reservation I am transported to the US website since the reservation systems are still separate and will be for a while. But the clickthrough is simple and seamless and takes me directly to my reservation record on the US website.
This gives me hope at least.

Granted I spoke to 2 people and neither seemed to have a clue about the issue or even why it would be a problem for me.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Two questions.

2) My US account was registered with Dividend Dining (that was how I kept my miles alive) but I don't see any transactions turning up now. Should it still be working or should I reregister my cards with my AA number somehow?
1) AA.com typically uses M/D/Y format. But since they are global, going to Oct 6, 15 would be more accurate. I get confused if I see a site 21/10/15 and have to shift gears.

2) I would not expect the DM Dining program to last much longer. Take a look at the American program and see if you can get any signup bonuses or something and make the switch. Keeping DM miles alive should not be an issue anymore.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:51 am

Hey Smitts, download/log in to the US app and click My trips. On the top right it says add trip/find trip (something like that) use your record locator and departure date and it will pull it up. From there you will be able to save the trip and it will save it to the My trips page.

Last edited by schwimmair; Mar 30, 2015 at 11:57 am Reason: Edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.