EXP Desk SWU space search

Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
EXP Desk SWU space search

I am trying to find some confirmable C space to use a SWU on later in the year. I don't really care when it is I just want to make sure I am able to confirm some upgrade space now. Which brings me to my question. When I call the EXP desk does anybody know if the agents are able to request an entire months worth of upgrade space on a given route in one screen? I would hate to call up and ask about availability for the whole month and then they have to manually request each day.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
I am trying to find some confirmable C space to use a SWU on later in the year. I don't really care when it is I just want to make sure I am able to confirm some upgrade space now. Which brings me to my question. When I call the EXP desk does anybody know if the agents are able to request an entire months worth of upgrade space on a given route in one screen? I would hate to call up and ask about availability for the whole month and then they have to manually request each day.
If you know which route you want to check, why don't you sign up for expert flyer (it is free the first 7 days). Look for C inventory for Y-J SWU upgrade.

But to answer your question, on a particular route, it is easy to check multiple days at once.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
It's not a perfect correlation, but upgrade and MileSAAver availability often appear together. Using an award search you can see SAAver availability for an entire month, then use the normal flight search to confirm whether systemwide upgrades are available for those specific days.

Expertflyer is most accurate, but this is a cheaper way to find some dates if you're flexible.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by rjw242
It's not a perfect correlation, but upgrade and MileSAAver availability often appear together. Using an award search you can see SAAver availability for an entire month, then use the normal flight search to confirm whether systemwide upgrades are available for those specific days.

Expertflyer is most accurate, but this is a cheaper way to find some dates if you're flexible.
I'm going to disagree with this. The strategy is workable but you would be leaving a lot of possible upgrade opportunities on the table. On a 3-class aircraft, U is rarely available without C availability; however, the converse is far from true. So you could be missing a bunch of dates where C might be available but U is not.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Phasers
If you know which route you want to check, why don't you sign up for expert flyer (it is free the first 7 days). Look for C inventory for Y-J SWU upgrade.

But to answer your question, on a particular route, it is easy to check multiple days at once.

I do have an expert flyer subscription but I have had many cases where EF says C=0 and yet the EXP desk says that there is bookable C space so I would rather just get the information straight from the horses mouth.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
I do have an expert flyer subscription but I have had many cases where EF says C=0 and yet the EXP desk says that there is bookable C space so I would rather just get the information straight from the horses mouth.
Agents see expanded availability for EXPs, EF does not.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by sukn
Agents see expanded availability for EXPs, EF does not.
Precisely. OP must call.

I would hate to call up and ask about availability for the whole month and then they have to manually request each day.
Be nice, apologize in advance as a verbal courtesy. Better than asking them to find two F seats on QF between now and 331 days from now between either DFW or LAX and SYD! They're used to it.

If they have an attitude, HUCA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.