Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New AA Uniform / Uniforms: Accepted Dec 2015 [poll, discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What I feel about AA's new uniforms from Twin Hill:
I really like these uniforms
9.30%
I'm not blown away, but I like them
30.23%
I really don't care one way or another
16.28%
I don't really like these uniforms
30.23%
I genuinely dislike these uniforms
13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
New American Airlines Uniforms from Twin Hill Accepted Dec 2015
(accessorized by Cole Haan)
New uniforms are being issued and worn effective September 2016

Poll closed 25 Jun 2016: please add additional comments in thread.

New AA uniforms from Twin Hill (subsidiary of Men's Wearhouse)

We (Twin Hill) are professional corporate apparel from Men's Wearhouse. Custom solutions for women and men's corporate ...
Originally Posted by reecesavage
Looks like the new uniforms have been finalized.

These links seem to work better when you right click and save. They are small pdf's, but on my machine they take forever to open in the browser for some reason.

Pilots -
http://t.twinhill.com/media/images/n...fs/AA_PT_F.pdf

Flight attendants-
http://t.twinhill.com/media/images/n...fs/AA_FA_F.pdf

Ground staff-
http://t.twinhill.com/media/images/n...fs/AA_CS_F.pdf

Premium team-
http://t.twinhill.com/media/images/n...AA_PS_P1_F.pdf
Link to Twin Hill AA uniform catalogue page
Print Wikipost

New AA Uniform / Uniforms: Accepted Dec 2015 [poll, discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, SPG, Amex MR, Mahalo Rewards
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
For this reason, my uniform tie is a clip-on.

I would trade the comfort of a real tie for any safety benefits of a clip-on in a heartbeat. Over two years and I've yet to get my tie caught in any moving equipment.
Congratulations on going over two years since getting your tie caught in moving equipment.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
<redacted>

The new uniforms certainly lack color but are elegant. What do the colors of the various scarves in the current uniform mean? Yellow versus blue versus red. Just personal preference or seniority?

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 20, 2015 at 5:47 am Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The new uniforms certainly lack color but are elegant. What do the colors of the various scarves in the current uniform mean? Yellow versus blue versus red. Just personal preference or seniority?
I heard from an AA friend that, following overwhelming negative feedback from the wear testers, the KaufmanFranco designs were dumped and that new darker color uniforms, by corporate apparel provider Twin Hill, are in the works.

Scarves and tie colors have nothing to do with seniority.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
I heard from an AA friend that, following overwhelming negative feedback from the wear testers, the KaufmanFranco designs were dumped and that new darker color uniforms, by corporate apparel provider Twin Hill, are in the works.

Scarves and tie colors have nothing to do with seniority.
No, No, No, Twin Hill designed the ghastly uniform LUS crew wear, which can look very casual and doesn't do many favors for older and larger crew. If that is the case, with Dougie at the realms, I believe we should expect another set of very casual uniforms.

KaufmanFranco seemed to me a bit pretentious, but when they actually came out with the uniforms they designed (yes, I thought they needed a bit of work, mainly AA's colors somewhere on the uniform) I actually quite liked them and thought they were modern and pretty much fitted the bill.

But if Twin Hill is really designing AA uniforms, then oh boy I don't have high hopes for what they would come up with...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:46 am

New AA Prototype Uniforms Revealed

Pictures of the new prototypes designed by Twin Hill were released a couple of weeks ago. Very nice looking, nothing casual like they wear now. Darker in color and nicer looking options.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Pictures of the new prototypes designed by Twin Hill were released a couple of weeks ago. Very nice looking, nothing casual like they wear now. Darker in color and nicer looking options.
Do you have a copy of the pictures?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Where are the pictures for the new uniforms? Is there a source for this?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by The Forward Cabin
Where are the pictures for the new uniforms? Is there a source for this?
This article has a link to a photo gallery of the new uniform designs.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Boring. Uninspired. Not nearly as awful as the current US uniforms and better than the existing AA uniforms. All in all a very conservative solution.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Meh. I'm not seeing the big changes.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Aesthetically, they're very bland.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:26 pm

http://theforwardcabin.boardingarea....rm-prototype/#

Thought some people may be interesting in seeing actual, new Twin Hill uniforms. They are boring and look exactly like my current LUS uniform.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Piedmont767
http://theforwardcabin.boardingarea....rm-prototype/#

Thought some people may be interesting in seeing actual, new Twin Hill uniforms. They are boring and look exactly like my current LUS uniform.
Wow. I kind of have to disagree. I really, really like the new ties and the styles. Looks very professional, but with a bit of whimsy.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It took them how many months to come up with this? A first year fashion designer could have done better than this. A simple suit with one stripe of color. Wow...so innovative.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I liked the KF designs albeit lacking color. The new uniforms are just kind of meh......can't wait to see what Delta comes up with in their new uniforms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.