Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BDA / Bermuda Lounge Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
BDA / Bermuda Lounge Questions

Reviving an old thread - and not sure why it would be in the AA forum - but what the heck!

Does anyone know what the current lounge is like, and more importantly, what is required for access?

I remember using the lounge four years ago, at the time I had a US club membership, but maybe I just walked in behind someone.

I might be moving to Bermuda, so the lounge there would be relevant. I expect to be gold on USAir, and I can get an Amex plat card if need be. Would I have access if I was upgraded to F on US?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As you've indicated separately that you'll be flying US, I've moved this question over to the US Airways forum. Please keep in mind that airline-specific questions should be posed in the correct Airline Program forum, and questions that aren't specific to airlines typically belong in the relevant Destination forum. Good luck on your travels!

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
With the caveat that I haven't flown out of BDA since early 2009, there was a small lounge there for first class, paid club members and I think elites. I recall it was airport operated and open to that crowd on all airlines with service there, which are pretty much the major North American carriers and BA's non-daily LGW flight. It wasn't much to write home about - I only recall a coffee machine and some seating - and was only marginally better than the gate area. When I was heading to BDA regularly, I learned to time it to get there in just enough time to get through US immigration (you preclear there remember, not in the US) and pretty much go straight in for boarding as there was never much to do at the airport.

It's possible they've upgraded it since, but I doubt it.

Edited to add: I don't see it on the AMEX Plat/Priority Pass sites as a lounge that accepts those credentials.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I used it in late 2008. I do recall it was nothing special, but it did have internet access. I don't know if I got access because at the time I had a US club membership, or if I just walked in. I agree that I would not try to get there early just to use the lounge, but if I happen to arrive early it would probably be more comfortable than sitting in the gate area.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Now only Priority Pass at BDA

I am sitting in the former First Class lounge at BDA which is now a PriorityPass lounge. No access to any FC pax unless you have PP or pay $25. Key points:

Nice decor
First drink free
Good snacks (pasta salad for lunch today)
Menu of food for purchase (excellent sandwich)
Good wifi

All in all a very pleasant surprise.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seattleBH
I am sitting in the former First Class lounge at BDA which is now a PriorityPass lounge. No access to any FC pax unless you have PP or pay $25. Key points:

Nice decor
First drink free
Good snacks (pasta salad for lunch today)
Menu of food for purchase (excellent sandwich)
Good wifi

All in all a very pleasant surprise.
Any update on this lounge? I'm relying on a shuttle service to get me back to BDA (cheaper than a taxi), so I suspect I'll have an hour to kill at the airport. Having a lounge would be nice: and since it's Bermuda (land of expensive food) and since I'm flying to the USA (I assume no food on the flight), getting a decent free snack will be appreciated.
Old May 1, 2015, 4:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
https://www.prioritypass.com/mobile/lounge.cfm
Country: Bermuda; Airport: St. George's - L.F.Wade International (BDA), US Departures Terminal
Lounge: Graycliff Luxury Lounge

https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lo...nge-detail/BDA

Priority Pass, Lounge Buddy, Diners Card, Airport Angel, etc.

Last edited by JDiver; May 1, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Old May 1, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I was last in that lounge via Priority Pass about a year ago, and it was as seattleBH described. It was perhaps a one minute walk to the US gate.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phlwookie
I was last in that lounge via Priority Pass about a year ago, and it was as seattleBH described. It was perhaps a one minute walk to the US gate.
Thanks. I'll report back after my own visit.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, here's my report: the BDA lounge is currently terrible.

Not sure what's going on, but there's basically no food or drink at the lounge. The apparent owner seems to be working on getting a liquor license (not sure why he lost it), but there's no booze to be had. He could probably round you up a soda from someplace, but none are readily available and I think you'd have to press him for it. There's no free food available either, unless you consider a couple of plastic-wrapped (and probably stale) mini-croissants to be "food."

There are menus available from the next door snack bar, and I guess you could pay for that food and eat it in the club, but I'm not sure why that's better than just going to the snack bar.

The lounge décor is still pleasant, and there is internet, so I guess if you just want a quiet place to sit -- no one else was in the club while we were there -- it would be OK.

We actually went to the duty free store, bought a bottle of pre-mixed rum swizzles, brought it back to the club, and asked the owner for ice. He was able to find us some next door.

You've been warned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.