Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
San Diego Lindbergh Field International Airport (SAN) Aspire Lounge
Terminal 2 East, near Gate 33

Link to SAN AA airport information.

Link to SAN airport web site.

Terminal 2, immediately to the left, before Gate 23

INFORMATION:
This former Airspace Lounge is a contract lounge that accepts Admirals Club members as well as American Express Centurion and Platinum members and certain premium cabin passengers on British Airways, Japan Airlines, and Edelweiss. All staff are contracted employees, there are no longer AA staff (“AAngels”) at the front desk.

Irrespective of travel class or airline, the Aspire Lounge at San Diego Airport is open to all guests departing from terminal 2. Guests at this lounge can enjoy a range of facilities including: free WiFi, complimentary showers, dedicated business areas and facilities and an expansive food and beverage menu. Formerly the Airspace Lounge, this airport lounge allows guests to separate themselves from the busy airport concourse and work, play or simply relax.

HOURS:
The hours and additional information are posted here.

AMENITIES:
  • Additional $10 credit for premium menu items included with every entry (Not available for Admirals Club members. Credit available for AMEX Platinum and Centurion holders. Passengers who access via BA or JL are entitled to two premium items, regardless of price)
  • Unlimited, complimentary soft drinks and light snacks
  • Full bar
  • Unlimited complimentary espresso and cappucino
  • Unlimited complimentary Peet's Coffees & Teas
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Power outlets at every seat
  • Semi-private conference room (Seats up to 6)
  • Complimentary printing
  • Complimentary scanning
  • Complimentary use of shower facility

Photographs
Credit: Swissport

Print Wikipost

SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

SAN / San Diego Lindbergh Field International Airport Terminal 2 East, near Gate 33 AirSpace Lounge

Last edited by JDiver; May 7, 2015 at 11:19 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AAdmirals Club, HHonors GLD
SAN / San Diego Admirals Club (master thread)

In this itty-bitty little club now for the first time. Very nice lady at the desk tells me the new expanded club will open in April.
sprez33 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
The staff at this Admirals Club location is beyond stellar. Barbara, Mark, Arlene and the rest are phenomenal employees. Hands down the best service American has to offer. This club was supposed to be renovated with like 13 different completion dates lol. Now they aren't so sure about April!
sprez33 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
The staff at this Admirals Club location is beyond stellar. Barbara, Mark, Arlene and the rest are phenomenal employees. Hands down the best service American has to offer. This club was supposed to be renovated with like 13 different completion dates lol. Now they aren't so sure about April!
I was there this week, and there was no sign of any progress. I had to run and didn't have time to inquire about a new projected completion date, but it has to be soon, right?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Arlene and Barbara mentioned April 30th
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Wednesday 4/30 opening of Phase 1 confirmed.
Old May 3, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
It's open:
https://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoAir...52442176542904
Old May 4, 2014, 2:57 pm
In memoriam

Looking forward to our visit Tuesday morning!
Old May 6, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Exclamation

Posting from the new club. It's gorgeous. Great view of the apron, lots of light, very nice new bar and comfortable seating. Plus, they have a real espresso machine that grinds the beans when you hit the button (like in the T5 terraces). This place may have the best coffee in the system.

It appears to be cobranded or colocated with the private "airspace lounge", which is a pay per use lounge starting at $25 a visit (and included with Amex plat membership). Entrance to airspace is through the admirals club, but they have a separate desk in the entry way.

Last edited by oopsz; May 6, 2014 at 3:00 pm
Old May 6, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
SAN / San Diego "Airspace" lounge former Admirals Club (consolidated)

Posting from the new club. It's gorgeous. Great view of the apron, lots of light, very nice new bar and comfortable seating. Plus, they have a real espresso machine that grinds the beans when you hit the button (like in the T5 terraces). This place may have the best coffee in the system.

It appears to be cobranded or colocated with the private "airspace lounge", which is a pay per use lounge starting at $25 a visit (and included with Amex plat membership). Entrance to airspace is through the admirals club, but they have a separate desk in the entry way.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by oopsz
It appears to be cobranded or colocated with the private "airspace lounge", which is a pay per use lounge starting at $25 a visit (and included with Amex plat membership). Airspace has a separate entrance that leads to the new admirals club.
So does everyone have access to the entire club?
Old May 8, 2014, 3:09 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Fanjet
So does everyone have access to the entire club?

yes this is correct, this is now a Airspace/AA lounge. So both AA/US Club members can access the club or any American Express Platinum/Centurion card holder. OR anyone can buy their way in for $25.

Right now Alcohol is severed in the old club pending the new liquor license

$25 is 1/2 the price of the AA day pass for $50, so this is a big win for travelers. Also the space is more than double the size of the old AA lounge, so I don't see space to be an issue, especially as Delta & UA also have their own clubs at SAN.

My lounge review and pictures are here but also check out the thread dedicated to the Airspace SAN lounge
Old May 8, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm not sure yet how I feel about my home airport's AC being opened up to virtually anyone for just $25, but the pictures of the new space look very nice. I suppose that's the tradeoff -- nicer club, but less exclusive. Virtually any state of operation would be better than the club over the last couple of years during the transition period, though, and it's also certainly better than no club at all, which was apparently a possibility at one point.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new space with my own eyes next week.
Old May 9, 2014, 1:15 am
Used to be MJ-bos

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
Looking forward to visiting the renewed club. Also glad I kept my Amex - I'm sure those $10 bar credits will add up
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I'm curious about the opening of the second phase--any news? I won't be there for about three weeks. The pictures of phase one look nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.