Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
"....... may be preventing you from earning miles on your shopping"

There's a banner at the top of the eShopping page saying this. I have not seen it before. There's a link to the following FAQ and answer:

How can I ensure I get miles for shopping with ....... or ....... Plus installed?

Members with ....... or ....... Plus installed on their computers may experience issues receiving their miles for purchases made through AAdvantage eShopping.

Chrome, Safari & Firefox Users: In order to successfully track miles in AAdvantage eShopping, please add or subscribe to the AAdvantage eShopping filter list. This will allow proper tracking of AAdvantage eShopping to affiliate network sites.
Do you have confirming experience? If so, I'll go in via Internet Explorer, going forward, as I can't give up ....... Plus. Thank you.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You can temporarily pause ....... if you wish during shopping.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you both.

Has anyone had ....... interfere with receiving miles from AAdvantage eShopping?
Old May 26, 2015, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
You can temporarily pause ....... if you wish during shopping.
You can also disable it from that domain (effectively adding it to your filter list if you wish). Just click the arrow to the right of the ABP stop-sign icon, and select "disable on xxx.com" (where xxx is the name of the shopping site you're wanting to disable).
Old May 26, 2015, 3:22 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
(Apologies for any discontinuity due to some minor thread clean-up.) Merged with our existing Cartera/eShopping thread (which has been retitled slightly to help with searches). Thanks. /Moderator
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:49 am

Not getting miles from the shopping portal

I am incredibly frustrated with American Airlines (or Cartera, or 1800mattress) (honestly, I have no clue who I should be angry with). I made a high value purchase from 1800mattress and the miles never went through to my account. (This was on 4/27). A few weeks after noticing that the miles were not coming through I filled out an online form and I was answered with what looked like an automated message practically saying give us a month and if nothing happens we will contact the company. I waited. I responded after a month to get the ball rolling and I was answered with an email that said give us 45-60 days for us to contact 1800matters (she didn't even get the name of the company correctly). Also, I find it ridiculous that they need that much time so I submitted another request. The same day I got an answer from a person named Dahiana saying: "I wanted to follow up with you regarding your order inquiry for 1800Mattress. The merchant has recently resolved this issue and alerted us. The merchant that you were shopping with has confirmed that unfortunately, you will not be earning miles for this order.

Merchants pay commissions to AAdvantage eShoppingSM and we convert this commission into rewards that we credit to your account. In this case the merchant has indicated that the commission was payable to another party. We are not privy to know who that party is."

What kind of answer is this? I used the AA portal. Who could 1800mattress pay this commission to? I find this situation to be completely messed up. If anyone in this forum could please give me some advice. I am not sure how to proceed. If anyone has direct contact of anyone specific that would be able to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Is it possible, before you made your purchase (either that day or a few days earlier), you clicked a link to get to 1-800-Mattress's site? (Even if that link was from google). If you did, where you clicked from may have been stored in your cache and that referral got the credit instead of your AA account. Just a guess on my part.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I haven't received miles through my recent purchases from Old Navy and at least one other retailer. I think I'm about done with the AAdvantage Mall
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:52 am

Ebates + AA eshopping?

Has anyone had success with getting ebates points and AA points on the same purchase? I wonder if you don't clear your browser history if that is enough or if each URL is individualized for a click through (meaning they are mutually exclusive).

The other, more long winded approach is calling to see if e-bates or AA e-shopping will honor the points if you prove the e-purchase. With e-bates you can take a screenshot of the click through and receive a specific purchase number....but seems kind of cumbersome.

Thanks if anyone knows!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Unhappy 2250 miles for It's Raining Miles promotion DENIED

I received the miles in my account as pending and this morning it said denied. I have no clue as to why they denied them since i spent over $1000. Check your account to see if they did this to you too.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mzredhead
I received the miles in my account as pending and this morning it said denied. I have no clue as to why they denied them since i spent over $1000. Check your account to see if they did this to you too.
Same here. For the 1000 miles. Will have to email them and complain. Getting tired of the bullsh-t with them.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:31 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
In the entire Galaxy of FF points and miles, AA eshopping has given me the most sorrow and disappointment.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:15 pm

Same here

Originally Posted by Jailer
In the entire Galaxy of FF points and miles, AA eshopping has given me the most sorrow and disappointment.
I've made a lot of purchases through them, and the vast majority post without any issue.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:37 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by nall

I've made a lot of purchases through them, and the vast majority post without any issue.
You, my friend, should buy a lottery ticket as you appear to be born under a lucky star.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:07 am

Same here as well. I have sent them a message. Will post response when I hear back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.