Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Win 25,000 American AAdvantage Miles for Naming Facebook Fare Finding Tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2009, 9:27 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Here is the e-mail message I received this morning:
Dear Canarsie,

We've built a new fare-finding application on Facebook. This tool will help you find low fares quickly and simply — all from your Facebook page.

Sadly, though, our application doesn't have a name. That's why we need you.

If you can volunteer and help us name our new nameless app, you'll be entered for a chance to win 25,000 AAdvantage miles.

All you have to do is add the American Airlines Travel Bag to your Facebook profile, use its fare-finding application and submit your suggested name for it.

When you submit a name, you'll not only be entered for a chance to win 25,000 AAdvantage miles, but you'll also help us end namelessness.
...and from the Facebook area of American Airlines:
You can join us to stop an insidious condition that affects
everything from passport ownership to roll calls to novelty
license plates and monogramming.

Namelessness.

Many suffer in silence, including our new fare-finding application.
This powerful app helps you find and book low airfares for your next trip. When it comes to travel planning, you’ll find this tool quite useful.

Sadly, though, our app doesn’t have a name.

Won't you join in the fight against namelessness by helping us give our app a name? All it takes is a few vowels and consonants thoughtfully arranged to give our nameless app a much-needed identity.

Here's how you can help:
1. If you haven't, add our Travel bag application here*
2. Click on the Beta! fare finder tab in the Travel Bag to use the new app
3. After you check it out, submit a name for it clicking Submit A Name

In exchange for your name, you'll be entered for a chance to
win 25,000 American Airlines© AAdvantage miles.
I am not a member of Facebook, but I hope that a FlyerTalk member wins...
Old Jul 26, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years or older. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules. The sweepstakes Grand Prize consists of twenty-five thousand (25,000) AAdvantage® miles which you may enter for a chance to win. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes begins at 5:59 p.m. EDT on 07/16/09 and ends at 3:59 p.m. EDT on 09/14/09. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any prize. American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered marks of American Airlines, Inc.

For those of you that dont have FB.

https://secure.ed4.net/aa/sweeps/sweeps.cfm?s=44597

Last edited by chanp; Jul 26, 2009 at 9:59 am Reason: edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.