Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Suggestions About Finding Ingredients in AA Food - Food Allergy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta

I'm flying F to HNL next week. I have several food allergies. I'm attempting to find answer to question about whether ingredient listings are available for AA meals. I've written customer service and they told me this was a reservation question. Reservations tells me this is a customer service question. I simply want to know if there's an ingredient listing for meals. If I can't find it, I'll pack my own meal - but I was really hoping to be able to come up with an ingredient list. Any ideas? Has anyone else had to ask AA this question?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The information and supply chains are long to be reliable even if they did provide a list (and I suspect you will not get one in any case) - the caterer (LSG Sky Chefs in this case, most likely,) and the suppliers to LSG would have to inform them, an so on, would have to provide AA with an accurate listing, and so on. If I were you, I would take my own food and be done with any worry. That way, if they serve something you can eat, you are in the position of adding it, but not having to rely on the accuracy of ingredient lists - too many providers have had to admit they were not accurate in informing the public about ingredients used (MacDonalds and their fries, which had some beef-derived substances in the presumably vegetable oil, creating a problem for Hindus, for example.)

Who can advocate for, and protect, you as well as yourself? Who would care more? Take your own (my recipe for flying well is often "BARF" anyway - Bring Aboard Real Food.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.