DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
DEQM: It's baaaack... 2x EQM 3/18-6/15 2009! (consolidated)

http://www.aa.com/aa/viewPromotionDe...oryId=16119236

Offer:
Qualify or re-qualify for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum®, or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than ever with this special promotion. Just book your trip and fly on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009, and you'll earn double elite-qualifying miles - the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite-status membership - at an accelerated rate.

Terms & Conditions:
Double elite-status qualifying miles are not redeemable for award travel, but do count toward qualification for AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, and AAdvantage Executive Platinum status. AAdvantage elite-status qualifying double-mile offer is valid only for travel on eligible purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection marketed and operated flights between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009. Registration prior to travel is required. This offer does not increment the member's elite-qualifying points, segments or award-eligible mileage balance. Double elite-qualifying miles will be calculated at 100% of the elite-qualifying miles earned for each applicable flight and will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within six to eight weeks after the qualifying activity is posted to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

I've taken the liberty of editing njvandy's OP above a bit for easy reference.

The moderators recognize that this is now a very long thread and will do our best to keep it tidy and to post links to key posts here. Along these lines, members looking for specific information are reminded that they can and should use the Search this Thread function prior to posting new queries. Further, off-topic discussions, as always per the FT Guidelines, are subject to deletion without notice.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Key Posts:

• Registration link now life: March 18 - 10am
• DBEQM are posting in batches and the first batch began posting in mid-April: April 30 email

dstan

AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; May 15, 2009 at 12:38 pm Reason: mod note
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:31 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009."
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
"Offer applies only to new reservations booked between March 18, 2009, and June 15, 2009."
That really is a shame but I really am having trouble getting angry at AA right now! This means I have a fighting chance at EXP, something that I definitely could not have afforded otherwise ^
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:40 pm

Yessss! I've been hoping this would come! (Would hit Exec Plat by June, but hopefully much sooner now..)

To those who participated in AADER last year, did AA have similar restrictions (only valid on travel booked between x and y) and did they honor the promotion for travel already booked beforehand?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrmstr33
Yessss! I've been hoping this would come! (Would hit Exec Plat by June, but hopefully much sooner now..)

To those who participated in AADER last year, did AA have similar restrictions (only valid on travel booked between x and y) and did they honor the promotion for travel already booked beforehand?
AADER last year was similar except it was only valid for 2 months instead of 3. The terms of this year's deal state that travel already booked will not qualify. YMMV of course, but it may be worth the $150 change fee if you can rebook and make a long trip eligible.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:45 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

Last year they didn't. And this year they won't.

Cheers.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:46 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tom911
I had an alert in Deal Finder for this just a few minutes ago, but find I can't register yet. Will try again tomorrow. I'm less impacted than others having flown 80K YTD already.
We have 50K flown and 70K booked. Not likely to affect us much either, unless they do the 2 eVIP at 125K again. We usually don't travel summer that much because the weather is so great here. Oh well.

Cheers.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Great!

Had been waiting for this.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT

i got credit last year for flights that were booked in 2007. but i can't remember if they had the same restriction last year.

but i remember thinking that i would not get the 2XEQM but it did hit.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:09 am
Suspended

I am so mad. I already booked 4 boston runs and those won't count. Argh!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by spurg
i got credit last year for flights that were booked in 2007. but i can't remember if they had the same restriction last year.

but i remember thinking that i would not get the 2XEQM but it did hit.
So you're saying there's a chance! I've booked some 50k BIS miles within that period! I'm hoping they hit!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: AA: Concierge Key; Air China: Gold; Marriott/SPG: Lifetime Plat; Hyatt: Globalist; Hilton: Diamond
they do it again....!!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: AA-1MM
I doubt if this works on AA codeshares with QF metal......shame....lots of opportunity to MR if so.....
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:28 am

Programs: AA: Concierge Key; Air China: Gold; Marriott/SPG: Lifetime Plat; Hyatt: Globalist; Hilton: Diamond
Quote from T&C

"Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld® alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion"
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Pinch me. Given the overlap with the BOS3X promotion, this is almost too good to be true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.