Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:14 am

Flagship lounge access with mobile boarding pass on phone

Question: can you get into ORD flagship lounge with just an online boarding pass?

I have a flight to ORD where I land in terminal 3 on an AA economy flight. But from there I have a flight on Iberia J class to Madrid which from my understanding qualifies for the AA flagship lounge at ORD. This Iberia flight also leaves from terminal 3, so to avoid going back through security I will check in online with Iberia and have a mobile boarding pass on my phone. (these are separate tickets)

Should I expect any issues with my plan? I don't fly too often.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Yes. As long as it's a boarding pass, the medium doesn't matter. Most of us use mobile boarding passes these days, so AA is well aware of them. Enjoy the lounge!
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA PPRO
I have found that amazing not everyone posted at the entrance understands the rules around codeshare. If they give you any issues hold your ground, your absolutely qualified to get in and the boarding pass is enough for entry.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Buffet Offerings September 24, 2018

Charcuterie, sushi, asian noodle salad are still there. No cold beef tenderloin with greens.

Hot entrees included stuffed bell peppers (with gouda cheese); broccolini; buttered noodles with garlic and tomatoes; pasta with clams; potato frittata.

Petite tiramisu for dessert. Miner Cabernet was the best red I tasted.

Great service during a 90-minute visit.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Elite access upon on *Arrival* from an international trip?

Although I have been an AA elite for many years, this is a newbie question as it concerns an uncommon situation: Does a Plat or above elite have lounge access upon arrival from an international trip, in the city where the trip ends?

This situation does not happen often. When I return from a long trip, I want to go home, not to the lounge. Once in a rare while, when I needed to use the computer or printer for a few minutes, such access used to be granted in the past. However, recently I was denied at ORD because my CMB-DOH-PHL-ORD trip had ended. The receptionist said that AC is a "departure lounge". (That may well be, and many rules have certainly changed recently, but I don't recall seeing "departure lounge" either in the name or any web page I came across.)

What is your understanding of the access rules at the end of an international trip? If you have link to it, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by aktchi
Although I have been an AA elite for many years, this is a newbie question as it concerns an uncommon situation: Does a Plat or above elite have lounge access upon arrival from an international trip, in the city where the trip ends?

This situation does not happen often. When I return from a long trip, I want to go home, not to the lounge. Once in a rare while, when I needed to use the computer or printer for a few minutes, such access used to be granted in the past. However, recently I was denied at ORD because my CMB-DOH-PHL-ORD trip had ended. The receptionist said that AC is a "departure lounge". (That may well be, and many rules have certainly changed recently, but I don't recall seeing "departure lounge" either in the name or any web page I came across.)

What is your understanding of the access rules at the end of an international trip? If you have link to it, that would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
"Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin)."
aktchi likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.

You should have persisted... OWS departing from an intl flight should be granted access indeed. I've had "minor" issue with the AC in SFO after returning from HKG via LAX. The agent says "Oh! Good thing you're a AC member as I'm not sure you'd be able to enter since you visited the AC in LAX after your HKG trip." The other agent at next to her corrected her before I could muster up a comment fast enough to correct her myself. It had to be with something about the time after my flight I'd be qualified as a OWE regardless of me having a membership.
aktchi likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
"Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin)."
This is true; one will get access if departing on or connecting to an international flight. The statement neither promises nor precludes access under different circumstances. One obvious example is that one would also get access if departing on or connecting to a domestic flight that was part of an international itinerary. So if one came PEK-ORD and then has a further connecting flight that is domestic, one would get lounge access in ORD. Similarly for ORD-DFW to connect to DFW-HKG; you'd get access in ORD (as well as DFW of course. The domestic part is not covered by your quoted link but we know it to be true.

So, I was and remain interested in some link which specifically addresses the question of arrival, the end of a journey.

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 29, 2018 at 10:42 pm
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
You should have persisted...
In principle I cannot disagree. It would have been good to clarify further. However, I didn't have a great need (but 10 mins at a desktop would have been convenient), and after traveling for almost 24 hours didn't feel the energy either.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by MADPhil
... The statement neither promises nor precludes access under different circumstances. ...

So, I was and remain interested in some link which specifically addresses the question of arrival, the end of a journey.
There is no such link I am aware of. This is because no such status based access exists.

The rule linked to by @MADPhil relates to access by status and references access based on departure and connecting. There is no reference to 'arrivals' access or 'travelling'.

If a mode of access is not mentioned it precludes by definition access by that mode.

This for example is different to Class of Service based access where it is stated "Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline.".

It is also different to Admiral's Club membership where access is available if you are a member and can reach the front door and the lounge is open. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp
MADPhil likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Sep 29, 2018 at 10:55 pm
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Flagship Lounge supervisor and her team saved my Christmas on the 21st - what a great team. My flight to Miami had gone tech and delayed to the next day at exactly 21:56. With the delay I would miss my once weekly Saturday flight to Bonaire and Christmas dinner at the europeanpete family as it was happening on the 22nd before my brother flew onto his other family in Canada.

The AA checking desks in the terminal appeared to be empty at that time, and the check-in agents were struggling with 220 angry people who had been kept in the dark. I decided to leg it over to the Flagship lounge and blagged my way through ground floor reception at about 22:05. Up in the Flagship Lounge there was initially a team of two and then of three who were helping me and two Concierge Key members with their flights.

I had checked online for flights to Bonaire and my only option was the Delta flight from Atlanta on the 23rd. I was almost found seats on the flight, but then the supervisor discovered that a seat was available on the United flight from Houston on United (despite it not being shown for sale) and who managed to get me on it, as well as a connecting flight to Houston first thing in the morning by about an hour after stated lounge closing time.

All in all, a difficult day for AA overall (at least one other 767 to Miami had had a 5 hour delay, and someone suggested to me 2 others in the morning had also gone tech), but thank you to the Flagship team for saving Christmas and getting me home to family.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
I have not seen an answer to this....

My flight originates at ORD T5 (ORD -> LHR -> AMS). Can I check in at T3 for a T5 flight, just to visit the Flagship Lounge? Can I check luggage af T3 for a T5 flight?

thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Beachfun71
I have not seen an answer to this....

My flight originates at ORD T5 (ORD -> LHR -> AMS). Can I check in at T3 for a T5 flight, just to visit the Flagship Lounge? Can I check luggage af T3 for a T5 flight?

thanks!
If your flight is departing from T5 then you are on BA. You cannot check in for a BA flight with AA. You need to check in with BA at T5.
Beachfun71 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:57 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
If your flight is departing from T5 then you are on BA. You cannot check in for a BA flight with AA. You need to check in with BA at T5.
You can check your luggage at T5, then take the train to T3. Enter security at T3 and visit the Flagship lounge. Leave plenty of time to get back over to T5 for your departing flight on BA. To get back to T5, I prefer to take the airside bus at gate K20.
chitink likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
You can check your luggage at T5, then take the train to T3. Enter security at T3 and visit the Flagship lounge. Leave plenty of time to get back over to T5 for your departing flight on BA. To get back to T5, I prefer to take the airside bus at gate K20.
Nice - thanks! I guess the next question is: is it worth this effort to visit the Flagship Lounge (I’ve never been) vs. just hanging in BA Terraces Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.