Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

500 mile email sign up-Earn Bonus Miles And A Chance To Win A Vacation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond

I just got this email from AA. Looks like there is a new newsletter they are trying to promote. Don't know if this is targeted.
Dear AAerSTL,

As of December 30, 2008, you were subscribed to our AAdvantage eSummarySM, AAirmailSM, Net SAAver® and AAdvantage® Promotions emails . Now through February 27, 2009, we invite you to engage 100% of your travel brain by visiting our American Airlines Travel Brain promotion.

There, you'll learn how our powerful emails work together to stimulate your travel brain, helping you become a more savvy traveler. And, if you subscribe to our AAVacationsSM Travel Picks email, you could earn 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles.

You'll also be entered for a chance to WIN A LUXURY VACATION FOR TWO. Plus, you can keep your travel brain sharp by playing our fun quizzes.

Engage your travel brain today!

American Airlines Travel Brain Bonus Mile Offer Terms & Conditions
American Airlines Travel Brain: Offer is valid for recipients of this mailing only. No registration is required. American Airlines AAdvantage® members will have the option to receive a special offer by subscribing to one or more of the following email products (AAdvantage eSummarySM, AAirmailSM, Net SAAver Fares®, AAdvantage® promotions, and AAVacationsSM travel picks) that individual is not subscribed to as of December 30, 2008. This special offer includes 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles for each additional subscription. To receive the special offer, individuals must subscribe to their chosen email product on the Promotion microsite, be subscribed for a minimum of three (3) months, have a valid email address on file with American Airlines, and must subscribe by 11:59 pm EST on February 27, 2009. After 90 days, the AAdvantage® bonus miles will be automatically deposited into the individual’s AAdvantage® account and will post within six (6) weeks after the three-month enrollment date. Individuals are eligible for the new email subscription special offer based on the individual’s account profile as of December 30, 2008. Any changes or updates past this date will not be reflected in the special offer.

American Airlines Travel Brain Sweepstakes Abbreviated Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. 2. Employees and agents of American Airlines, Inc. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and The Marketing Arm, and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employee’s immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to win. 3. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 27, 2009. 4. One (1) Grand Prize consisting of: 270,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles (ARV: $6,750), One (1) $5,000 check, One (1) five-(5) night-stay at your choice of one (1) of five (5) Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, including The Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, Canada (ARV: $2,700), The Fairmont Mayakoba on the Mexican Riviera (ARV: $2,400), The Fairmont Orchid in Hawaii (ARV $3,000), The Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda (ARV: $2,700) or The Fairmont Hamilton Princess in Bermuda (ARV: $2,700). Total ARV for Grand Prize Option Fairmont Banff Springs $14,450, Total ARV for Grand Prize Option Fairmont Mayakoba: $14,150, Total ARV for Grand Prize Option Fairmont Orchid: $14,750, Total ARV for Grand Prize Option Fairmont Southampton: $14,450, Total ARV for Grand Prize Option Fairmont Hamilton Princess: $14,450. 5. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. 6. Limit two (2) entries per person, per AAdvantage® number, regardless of entry method. 7. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited. Subject to complete rules. 8. Entrants release American Airlines and all parties from all claims/liability arising from this sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any prize. 9. For entry information and complete official rules, by which all entrants are bound, go to www.aa.com/brain. AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AA.com, AAdvantage eSummary, AAirmail, AAVacations, Net SAAver and Net SAAver Fares are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. Copyright 2009 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
"Offer is valid for recipients of this mailing only."
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Wife and I never received this email and still qualified for the 500 miles, though I think the fewer emails you're subscribed to, the more you can get, up to 2500 miles. We were already subscribed to 4 of the 5 so we get 500 each as long as we stay opped in for 3 months.

https://secure.fly.aa.com/brain/
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:07 am

As long as you click on the link you can get the 500 miles. I just did it.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Cellie
As long as you click on the link you can get the 500 miles. I just did it.
As per the T&C, "After 90 days, the AAdvantage® bonus miles will be automatically deposited into the individual’s AAdvantage® account and will post within six (6) weeks after the three-month enrollment date." Yours have posted already?

Also from the T&C "All recipients of the targeted email have been pre-registered with the opportunity to enter the American Airlines Travel Brain Sweepstakes. In order to finalize the pre-registration, you must click on the link listed in the email sent to each targeted recipient..."

There have been other targetted promos in the past that non-invited FTers have subscribed to thanks to info here on FT but it's generally a case of "If your name's not on the list, you're not coming in"
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Wife and I never received this email and still qualified for the 500 miles, though I think the fewer emails you're subscribed to, the more you can get, up to 2500 miles. We were already subscribed to 4 of the 5 so we get 500 each as long as we stay opped in for 3 months.

. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
I clicked on your link and I qualify for all 5 emails so that is a nice 2500 miles. But should I change my address to a USA one for the duration? I have done similar ones in the past and gotten the miles. I have gotten these in the past (using Aussie address) and gotten the miles. I could care less about the sweepstakes, I never win anything. I have never been targetted for anything.

Also, where on the promo site does it specify you get the 500 mile bonus for subscribing? I didn't see anything, just some blurb how I am not using my "travel brain" or something like that. I was given 5 emails to click on but no promise to give me the bonus miles.

Last edited by Tiki; Jan 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
How do you know that you've actually gotten the 500+ miles? Normally such miles don't post for 90-120 days
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
Also, where on the promo site does it specify you get the 500 mile bonus for subscribing? I didn't see anything, just some blurb how I am not using my "travel brain" or something like that. I was given 5 emails to click on but no promise to give me the bonus miles.
It only mentions the bonus miles in the targetted email posted by the OP that neither you nor I received. You haven't earnt any miles until they post and that may be never if it really is a targetted promo and your aren't part of it. No harm in trying though.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinium 1.55MM AVIS Preferred Hertz Gold Marriott Platinum
At the end it does say invite friends (or similar) on a button, so I think they this may be relatively open. You could just invite yourself or other family members if you needed to.

-Mike
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by slomike
At the end it does say invite friends (or similar) on a button, so I think they this may be relatively open. You could just invite yourself or other family members if you needed to.

-Mike
It does but it also says that this gives you and them another entry into the draw. It makes no mention of the invited person receiving any bonus miles for subscribing to the emails so they may be reserved just for those receiving the targetted email. I guess we won't know for at least 4 months.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
How do you know that you've actually gotten the 500+ miles? Normally such miles don't post for 90-120 days
Yeah, I noticed that, too, after being promised 500 miles. I wasn't targeted so we'll see what happens. I'm trying to accumulate miles towards a couple of TATL Awards and they drag their feet on EVERYTHING. My 25,000 miles for the AA MC post 6-8 weeks after I accumulate qualifying purchases of $750 (done last weekend). So the 500 miles from this promo should show up around the same time. The 10% bonus miles I get for purchasing miles by 12/31 will post 6-8 weeks after 12/31.

Sheesh. Guess I gotta be patient.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Athena53
Yeah, I noticed that, too, after being promised 500 miles. I wasn't targeted so we'll see what happens. I'm trying to accumulate miles towards a couple of TATL Awards and they drag their feet on EVERYTHING. My 25,000 miles for the AA MC post 6-8 weeks after I accumulate qualifying purchases of $750 (done last weekend). So the 500 miles from this promo should show up around the same time. The 10% bonus miles I get for purchasing miles by 12/31 will post 6-8 weeks after 12/31.

Sheesh. Guess I gotta be patient.
Even more patient....with this promo, you have to subscribe to the email(s) for 3 months and the miles will post within 6 weeks of the end of this 3 month period so about the end of May!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
this is one of those that I won't remember by about an hour from now; so if it posts, I'll be surprised and wondering what it was from; if it never posts, well I'll never miss it
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by yoshapman

Oh how frustrating!!! I did it once to get miles for my daughter's account then tried to start again and it wouldn't give me miles!!! It said if I sign up for the emails I have the chance at vacation not miles. GRRRR
Old Jan 16, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Says I will receive 1,500 miles total, since I was subscibed to one already.

After 3 months, unsubscribe, they have had these kind of promos before, I remember one for 1,000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.