Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: MIA / Miami Admirals Clubs (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Did I misread the thread topic? (and before someone tries comes up with a tenious connection ...isnt wifi free to AC members?)

mike
Wifi is free to AC members, and to day pass purchasers. Not free to International J nor OW , nor PLT/EXP on an international itinerary.

Now the T-Mobile price is US$9.99 for 24 hours and if you just want e-mail there are adequate PC's for free anyway.

Since $9.99 is $0.01 less than the "I'd rather sell Granny for pet food" FT threshold here (of $10 for the math impaired), the quibbling must stop.
Old May 14, 2008, 2:21 am

Programs: AA Plt, Air Canada Elite, USAir Silver, United Premier
I have only been in the E AC and it was certainly a welcome respite from the concourse.

Fairly spacious and has a decent bar.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat,Hilton Diamond(500k and counting),Hertz 5 Star Gold
I personally like the lounge on the D side. It might not have the correct paint tones or the right lighting....I am sitting at DFW right now and I dont think its all that great.....Well....except for the smoking lounge.... =) Its a matter of what you like and what you dont like....Its clean, they have showers,food,drinks,internet....What more do you want?
Old May 14, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tennisboy
IMHO, I think it's supremely "lame" that free internet is not offered at all OW and SA lounges. Hell, if the TAP lounge in Lisbon can provide it (and make one heck of an espresso to boot), why can't the others follow suit? Wireless internet is cheap, and T-Mobile is a rip-off.
Originally Posted by davidthomson
100% in agreement with that. It is ludicrous and shortchanging to their clients.
I guess this is on-topic because the OP asked about free wi-fi as well.

I am in agreement that we would all like to have included wi-fi, but that would be irrational from AAs point of view (and as we know, irrational businesses don't stay around for too long). This is a standard pricing scheme also used by movie theater, car rental companies, and a myriad of other services that off add-ons. The basic idea is twofold, one, everybody has a different willingness to pay for the AC, some lower some higher, and two, the AC is not a club membership, but the right to purchase a bundle of goods that includes club entrance, wi-fi, food, drink, and other things.

Since we all have a different willingness to pay, the rational thing to do for AA is to sell the club membership at near cost then offer a lot of different add-ons. This way, they capture the people who are willing to pay the least. They will buy only the membership, but those willing to pay more will buy the membership and some of the add-ons. Those willing to pay even more will buy even more of the add-on, etc.

This pricing scheme works because people are different. If everyone were the same, then it would, indeed, make sense to offer wi-fi and food at cost. Also, markets change over time, and AA was finding that people were not willing to buy the wi-fi (the willingness to pay is zero). In that case, they included it with the membership.

All in all, this type of price discrimination will give AA the chance to capture the most dollars from the most people.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Seems like a mixed review of both, but D being better b/c it has recently been renovated to have exterior windows. It looks like D is after security, but E is before looking at the AA terminal map?

Any other opinions of D versus E?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Seems like a mixed review of both, but D being better b/c it has recently been renovated to have exterior windows. It looks like D is after security, but E is before looking at the AA terminal map?

E is now after security as well. IIRC, there are more opinions on the D & E clubs in the threads linked in Post #4.

Last edited by dstan; Oct 22, 2008 at 3:39 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CApreppie

No renovations at the D club....a newish section including a number of smaller "quiet rooms and a walkway overlooking the circular area just past D 37/38 were opened up, in early 2008.
There were always windows at the west ( opposite the bar area) but the shutters were mostly kept lowered to mitigate the glare of the Florida evening sun. The newer area now offords an entire south view of the airport/runways.

Though some here prefer the older E club for some quite silly reasons like the color scheme ( added to crappier furniture, some non-functioning power outlets and the slowest elevators in the state Florida) Plus the E club appears somewhat understaffed but has been behind security for a year?? now, its only advantage IMHO is that it can be less crowded at busy times.

mike
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dstan
E is now after security as well. IIRC, there are more opinions on the C & D clubs in the threads linked in Post #4.
Concourse C - never had and never will have an AC at MIA.

mike
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:39 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Concourse C - never had and never will have an AC at MIA.

mike
Thanks, typo corrected.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Concourse C...never will have an AC at MIA
Will there still be a superbowl in 2063? If so, which team will win that year?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Will there still be a superbowl in 2063? If so, which team will win that year?
Dunno... why I am really responding to this...but considering the following FACTS
a) Concourse C is due to be completly demolished very shortly.
b) The entire MIA South Terminal is destined to be designated as "concourse D"

I think my comment has a significantly higher chance of coming to fruition than you picking even one Super Bowl winner between now and 2063

mike
Old Oct 22, 2008, 4:57 pm

Dunno... why I am really responding to this...but considering the following FACTS
a) Concourse C is due to be completly demolished very shortly.
b) The entire MIA South Terminal is destined to be designated as "concourse D"

I think my comment has a significantly higher chance of coming to fruition than you picking even one Super Bowl winner between now and 2063

mike
Are you certain that a new Concourse C will never be built?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Are you certain that a new Concourse C will never be built?
Are you certain you actually read what I posted?
Was it much too confusing for you?

mike

Ps is that you fctsty?

Last edited by MIKESILV; Oct 22, 2008 at 5:27 pm
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:55 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Judging from the posts i've read.It appears i was on Concourse E.I am not quite sure,as i don't remember.Can someone help me? Heres a pic i took.

http://flickr.com/photos/29855743@N08/2890701458/
Old Oct 22, 2008, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mvtm
Judging from the posts i've read.It appears i was on Concourse E.I am not quite sure,as i don't remember.Can someone help me? Heres a pic i took.

http://flickr.com/photos/29855743@N08/2890701458/
Yes that is the E club furniture

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.