Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage spreadsheet /spreadsheets & apps available for download

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: brp
AAdvantage Spreadsheets and Apps Available for Downloading

brp has revised his spreadsheet for 2016 conditions - now named Miles Tracker v. 8.0. It can be downloaded from a link through Gargoyle's page: http://stonecarver.com/flyertalk/

brp has revised his spreadsheet for 2017 conditions - now named Miles Tracker v. 1.5. It can be downloaded from a link through Gargoyle's page: http://stonecarver.com/flyertalk/. This now includes EQD for AA, partners and "special" fares. (Not sure that the prior one was ever called V8.0, btw )

brp has added Miles Tracker v. 1.6. It can be downloaded from a link through Gargoyle's page: http://stonecarver.com/flyertalk/. This adds on to the previous release by also coding the "Unknown Data" fares from the "Special Fares" page since these map to the fare classes differently. Some other differences discussed in the thread below, but this is the main one.

With the recent addition of the ability to load spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx) directly into posts, brp has added Miles Tracker v. 1.7. The spreadsheet and description of updates may be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28140600-post75.html

brp has added Miles Tracker v. 1.8. The spreadsheet and description of updates may be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28176122-post83.html

brp has added Miles Tracker v. 1.9. This is a bug fix release. The spreadsheet and description of updates may be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28451876-post87.html
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage spreadsheet /spreadsheets & apps available for download

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow AAdvantage spreadsheet /spreadsheets & apps available for download

Thanks to our able and contributive members, we have some tools available.

1) brp's modified AAdvantage Miles Tracker v. 1.3, enhancements for EXPs, is too:

AAdvantage Miles Tracker v. 1.3 modified by brp download link

Note: AA periodically fiddles minor changes in some distances between airports. These can be updated in the city pair sheet, and of course others can be added as necessary.

2) Spreadsheet collection by member / sculptor Gargoyle

Gargoyle's spreadsheets download page link

3) McFlyPHL has once more updated his spreadsheet for tracking AAdvantage miles / EQP / status etc. and v. 1.9 is now available.

AAdvantage Miles Tracker v. 1.9 download link

4) the Original 1.3 version of McFlyPHL's AAdvantage Miles tracker is now hosted here as well:

AAdvantage Miles Tracker v. 1.3 download link

5) JGR01 put filters on the noise on the Compensation thread and organized a spreadsheet - it is now easy to "shake and bake" by various data and see what others are receiving (or not!) from AA when things go wrong.

AA Guide to Compensation download link

Other apps, tools, etc out there:

Great Circle Mapper is what I use for calculating distances for EQM, etc. The GC distances will be spot on or very close to those listed by AA.

MileCalc

Code:
MileCalc is a powerful airline mileage calculator for frequent flyers. 
It is easy to use: Quickly add airport codes, then calculate the total itinerary 
mileage. Itineraries can include an unlimited number of airports.

In addition to basic flight distances, the calculator supports elite-level, 
booking class, and promotion bonus miles. MileCalc includes preset 
options for major US-based airlines (American Airlines, Delta, United, 
US Airways), but is flexible enough to support most other carriers.

Operation is 100% offline (no hefty data charges!), so the calculator 
works anywhere, including those long flights! And yes, our airport 
database is comprehensive.

Distance calculations rely on the advanced "great circle distance", 
the measure used by most airlines.

MileCalc is inspired by the popular site MileCalc.com, The Ultimate 
Mileage Calculator for Frequent Flyers.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 25, 2016 at 11:32 am Reason: correct link break; add older versions
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (> 2.5 MM; *Wood Gld; HHonors Gld
JDiver,

The second link doesn't work, only the first one ...

(I use a Mac)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Try using this link -- I was able to right click on this text and download using "download linked file" on my Mac.

http://www.flyertalk.com/downloads/A...1.9%202007.xls
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:24 pm

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Originally Posted by DutchMember
JDiver,

The second link doesn't work, only the first one ...

(I use a Mac)
Just checked - both work fine here (PC user)

Thanks for posting the links!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Posting the links was (almost!) easy, but the time and effort McFlyPHL , brp and JGR01 spent, that's worthy, IMO.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 6, 2007 at 1:50 pm
Old Apr 6, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
These are GREAT! Thanks to the OP for providing this! ^
Old Apr 16, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
The compensation spreadsheet sounds like a creative and nifty idea.

I'm curious about the mileage tracker, though: are there advantages (no pun intended) to using it versus CoMETS? And why are there three versions? Divergent features?

I ask only to better understand these tools (as someone who writes a lot of scripts and utilities for personal use I see value in tweaks).

Last edited by anabolism; Jun 1, 2007 at 8:09 pm Reason: Add link to CoMETS
Old Apr 16, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
The tracking spreadsheets look great... I have one question though: Is the reason for maintaining these sheets only for the "love of miles", being able to look at them at all times... or is it really necessary to double-check AA's statements every month and making sure they are correctly crediting the miles we have earned?

I was under the naive assumption that AA's credits would always work as expected, so I really only check that my flights post, but have never bothered to check that they have credited the correct amount of miles, points, etc.... should I?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gabrielbf
The tracking spreadsheets look great... I have one question though: Is the reason for maintaining these sheets only for the "love of miles", being able to look at them at all times... or is it really necessary to double-check AA's statements every month and making sure they are correctly crediting the miles we have earned?

I was under the naive assumption that AA's credits would always work as expected, so I really only check that my flights post, but have never bothered to check that they have credited the correct amount of miles, points, etc.... should I?
Do you trust your bank too?

I keep a copy of this as a projection tool to see if/when I'll hit certain elite levels based on planned trips. I also have added things like seat assignments, equipment, and tail numbers ("N-numbers") because I'm an aviation geek.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I use a s/s that is rather crude but does the important job (for me) to break these numbers down by company paid and OOP trips.. in short, I calculate a work trip by cumulative EQM's EQP's (dont really care about tracking total redeemable) and ditto for OOP stuff. then the final tab combines them for a grand total for the year. I do this mostly to see what percent of my flights, miles, points are paid by the company and what kind of cost per mile/pt Im paying out of my pocket.. no where near as good as these spread sheets but I can't see where I could track by OOP vs. company paid on them..
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

I'll bet it wouldn't be too difficult to modify one of the spreadsheets to include your data, inserting a couple of columns or ?

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I use a s/s that is rather crude but does the important job (for me) to break these numbers down by company paid and OOP trips.. in short, I calculate a work trip by cumulative EQM's EQP's (dont really care about tracking total redeemable) and ditto for OOP stuff. then the final tab combines them for a grand total for the year. I do this mostly to see what percent of my flights, miles, points are paid by the company and what kind of cost per mile/pt Im paying out of my pocket.. no where near as good as these spread sheets but I can't see where I could track by OOP vs. company paid on them..

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 15, 2011 at 5:59 pm
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:16 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
A couple of notes about the tracker:
1) If you start the year with a higher status (EXP) and drop to a lower status (PLT) and then back up to EXP, it doesn't work right for tracking upgrade stickers. I'm working on this and a way to dynamically calculate status.
2) For Company vs. OOP trips, I'll add this when I figure out the above - should be relatively easy to implement.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Thanks for all of the hard work...these spreadsheets are great!!
Old May 21, 2007, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I'd started a thread in milebuzz last year about miles/status tracking with spreadsheets, and put up a page at http://stonecarver.com/flyertalk/spreadsheet.html with several examples.

Thanks to the generosity of McFlyPHL and BRP, I've added theirs to the collection. Any other contribs are welcome.

As to gabrielbf's question, there are many reasons to maintain a spreadsheet like this. In my case, I work two programs (DL and AZ) and balance them out over the year to make sure I hit my targets in each. As a result, last year I hit top tier in AZ and mid tier in DL with only about 2500 EQM's to spare between the two of them. The spreadsheet helped the planning, I couldn't have pulled it off otherwise. The year before it told me well in advance exactly how much of a years-end mileage run Mrs. Gargoyle and I needed to click up a tier.

Last edited by Gargoyle; May 21, 2007 at 9:12 pm
Old May 30, 2007, 10:23 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
A couple of notes about the tracker:
1) If you start the year with a higher status (EXP) and drop to a lower status (PLT) and then back up to EXP, it doesn't work right for tracking upgrade stickers. I'm working on this and a way to dynamically calculate status.
2) For Company vs. OOP trips, I'll add this when I figure out the above - should be relatively easy to implement.
I've got both of these implemented in draft form and am working with some of our friendly local folks to review. If you're interested in inputting your activity to see how it ties out, let me know and I'll get you a "test" copy before it's posted for the world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.