SCL - DFW Meal Service

Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

SCL - DFW Meal Service

I've never done overnight routes from South America before, and can't figure out what the meal service will be like. We are flying J from SCL - DFW in a few weeks. We already made the entree selection online, but I don't know if this flight, which leaves SCL at 11:10pm, is going to be an abbreviated dinner service or a full service. Has anyone done this type of route?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
I've never done overnight routes from South America before, and can't figure out what the meal service will be like. We are flying J from SCL - DFW in a few weeks. We already made the entree selection online, but I don't know if this flight, which leaves SCL at 11:10pm, is going to be an abbreviated dinner service or a full service. Has anyone done this type of route?
It's a late night supper service where your entree and salad are served together (sometimes on top of each other). The cabin crew do try to expedite the service to allow people to get to sleep.

A search for "Supper" or "Supper Service" should yield some posts on the topic.

There is also this master thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
It's a late night supper service where your entree and salad are served together (sometimes on top of each other). The cabin crew do try to expedite the service to allow people to get to sleep.

Awww that's too bad....we'll be awake and ready to eat lol

Thanks for the reply.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:59 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Awww that's too bad....we'll be awake and ready to eat lol

Thanks for the reply.
A report from earlier this years indicates that AA has moved away from the late night supper service and is offering the full service. IME the FAs will still move things along quickly.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post20615529
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:06 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
I flew AA940 last night and had full service in F. departed 11.10pm.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I flew this one last February and I wrote a trip report. I hope it can be useful. I did get a full meal indeed.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:31 pm

Anyone notice what us poor folks in economy get on this flight? I am about to book it and would like to know.

Are the special meals (diabetic, kosher, vegetarian etc) worth the extra effort of reserving one? Have not done that in a while, but haven't flown a long unbroken trip like this in a while either.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:33 pm
wpj

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Anyone notice what us poor folks in economy get on this flight? I am about to book it and would like to know.

Are the special meals (diabetic, kosher, vegetarian etc) worth the extra effort of reserving one? Have not done that in a while, but haven't flown a long unbroken trip like this in a while either.
probably the typical options chicken or beef that will come with rice+vegies. and in my opinion those are ok. you can buy wine or beer.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Originally Posted by wpj
you can buy wine or beer.
Beer and wine are now complimentary in Main Cabin on Europe/Asia/LatAm long haul. Bottoms up!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I flew this one last February and I wrote a trip report. I hope it can be useful. I did get a full meal indeed.

Great report, thanks! It gives me a good idea of what to expect. Our a/c is a 777, but I imagine the J seats are the same as those on the 763.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Can confirm that there'll be full meals, at least that is what's been offered in J for midnight departures out of GRU (77W) and GIG (763) this week. Salad and starter served together, followed by main course, followed by Sundae or cheese plate (you may have both if you ask nicely )
And the seats are just almost the same as in the 763 - they may be a bit wider, plus there's a very outdated built-in IFE.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
777 J service is not quite as good as 763 J service as you saw in the above trip report just FYI
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:00 am
wpj

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
777 J service is not quite as good as 763 J service as you saw in the above trip report just FYI
Hi, yes it is the same service now, a while ago AA introduced the full sundaes in the 3 cabin J as well as the 2 cabin J. It should be exact same service. I flew J to EZE in the 777 and had the same service as I had in the 763.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.