Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
I signed up as soon as I saw this so I got an automated response...only thing is is that I'm already PLT and hoping to requalify/maybe get EXP :P Wondering if it's even worth emailing them/having them "find out" as one poster said sometimes you can get by..
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:25 pm

Being honoured!!!!

http://boardingarea.com/aadvantagege...-status-offer/
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Southwest CP
OK so Wednesday I called to confirm my registration in the H3TLI promo and they said yes I am eligible for the promo. I also emailed them that same day. I received a similar email response to others today:

"Dear Mr. _______,

Thank you for contacting AAdvantage® Customer Service.

After research, we confirmed that your AAdvantage number and email
address were not included in the targeted promotion you mentioned. We
cannot say how you received an email purporting to be from American
Airlines and offering you the promotion designed for other audiences.
We're sorry to disappoint you.

While this offer is only available to those customers for whom it was
designed, please be assured that this does not detract from your value
to us as an AAdvantage member. We appreciate your business and hope to
welcome you aboard soon.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. We appreciate
your business.

Regards,

Gene Fraikes
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines"

First off I never said anything about getting an email about the promo. I clearly stated it was on the Linkedin AA page. So I just called AA and talked to a rep who told me I am not eligible for the promo. She did not know why and had no reason and said there was no one I could talk to that would know why I was not eligible. She was not helpful and not very kind either. She just said that the promo was only for certain people and targeted to them and I was not one of them. Truthfully I have never flown AA. I fly other airlines, but this promo actually had me considering spending a good amount of money flying with them to fulfill the promo and then afterwards to make use of my elite status. It would have benefited them in the long run. I found it a bit irritating that they flat out lie in their email responses and will give no reason for me not being eligible over the phone.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:27 pm

From the post:
http://boardingarea.com/aadvantagege...-status-offer/

This is part of their response:

It’s also important to note that American is constantly evaluating the AAdvantage program to ensure they offer the best program for customers and – most importantly – ensure that the value of the AAdvantage program is protected.

So, to clarify, everyone who was eligible (i.e. non-elite members) and registered prior to the deadline will be honored, regardless of whether or not they were targeted.

!!!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by alohamiles
OK so Wednesday I called to confirm my registration in the H3TLI promo and they said yes I am eligible for the promo. I also emailed them that same day. I received a similar email response to others today:

"Dear Mr. _______,

Thank you for contacting AAdvantage® Customer Service.

After research, we confirmed that your AAdvantage number and email
address were not included in the targeted promotion you mentioned. We
cannot say how you received an email purporting to be from American
Airlines and offering you the promotion designed for other audiences.
We're sorry to disappoint you.

While this offer is only available to those customers for whom it was
designed, please be assured that this does not detract from your value
to us as an AAdvantage member. We appreciate your business and hope to
welcome you aboard soon.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. We appreciate
your business.

Regards,

<redacted>
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines"

First off I never said anything about getting an email about the promo. I clearly stated it was on the Linkedin AA page. So I just called AA and talked to a rep who told me I am not eligible for the promo. She did not know why and had no reason and said there was no one I could talk to that would know why I was not eligible. She was not helpful and not very kind either. She just said that the promo was only for certain people and targeted to them and I was not one of them. Truthfully I have never flown AA. I fly other airlines, but this promo actually had me considering spending a good amount of money flying with them to fulfill the promo and then afterwards to make use of my elite status. It would have benefited them in the long run. I found it a bit irritating that they flat out lie in their email responses and will give no reason for me not being eligible over the phone.
Ok...let's start getting some data points to help determine what AA's cut off point was. What time did you register and what time does the "registration confirmation" email show?

Last edited by miamigrad; Aug 16, 2013 at 9:15 pm Reason: redacted employee name
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by stary275
Dude - most new EXP's won't make it. Also, how many will be able to actually make that type of travel (30k miles)? In 4 mo?
Easy peasy.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by Roothy99
What kills me is that I only earned Gold status on August 3. And I took an extra flight leg JUST so I'd get it. My travel is all back-ended, and I was on track to get Platinum anyway. But ExecPlat is obviously a huge jump ahead of the others, and I'd have easily gotten it with this promotion. Teh suck...

I did sign up with the LI code, hoping maybe they'd have mercy on my soul, but didn't even get a confirmation email.
Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:44 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by stary275
Dude - most new EXP's won't make it. Also, how many will be able to actually make that type of travel (30k miles)? In 4 mo?
I donno ~$2k and 3-4 weekends seems pretty doable to me.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by Stripy
Ok...let's start getting some data points to help determine what AA's cut off point was. What time did you register and what time does the "registration confirmation" email show?
I got my confirmation email at 12:38 pm Pacific
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by saranyc
I donno ~$2k and 3-4 weekends seems pretty doable to me.
One RT from east coast to Tokyo and you are done...around $1400.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by emrdoc
For Exec Plat or Plat?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emrdoc
Obviously "only" platinum...
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
I think I got mine around 1.40 PM Pacific time. I have not emailed or called AA to check.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Can anyone confirm if you get the system wide upgrades if you make exec plat?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by saranyc
Yes, I'm a non-elite. I have a confirmation email for promotion H3TLI at 2:47pm on 8/14 when it was still up on linked-in. I wrote in to confirm the promotion before I spend money on flights.
(I'm going to assume this is ET based on poster's profile)

This one made it before the cut-off point at 11:47am PT

This one appears to have NOT made it at 12:38pm PT

So, using a lot of guess work and assumptions (hey, it's FT!) I'd say the cut off point was somewhere between these two times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.