Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International gateway

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

International gateway

If i booked ord to auh biz class as on award and a hkg to ord 1st as an award can i add now a oneway international gateway award to each maybe go to hnl free or maybe half way. What are the restrictions since i already booked. Sorry if this is dumb just trying to fig it out. As described here http://milevalue.com/a-list-of-all-p...vantage-miles/
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:51 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adding HNL will likely throw these past the MPM. But a connection to the west or east coast would work.

If the award trip is all AA metal the MPM limits are more relaxed. When partners are included there is a more strict adherence to the MPM limits on award travel.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying on etihad and cathay pacific. I was also thinking of flying nrt to hkg and doing a 23 hour stopover in bkk, any thoughts and can i just add nyc any time in the next year then if i call and add on.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:02 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I'm flying on etihad and cathay pacific. I was also thinking of flying nrt to hkg and doing a 23 hour stopover in bkk, any thoughts and can i just add nyc any time in the next year then if i call and add on.
Now you have thrown NRT and BKK to the mix. That is very likely to change the calculations. What is you actual proposed itinerary?

If you are simply doing a BKK-HKG-ORD then yes adding a NYC segment after a stop over will not be a problem.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:10 am
Original Poster

All awards are separate,
ORD to AUH 5 days/ AUH to NRT 6 days/ NRT to HKG 5 days/ HKG to ORD no connections of layovers all direct flights.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:17 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All awards are separate,
ORD to AUH 5 days/ AUH to NRT 6 days/ NRT to HKG 5 days/ HKG to ORD no connections of layovers all direct flights.
On the HKG-ORD award - you can easily add a NYC leg after an ORD stopover.

I've successfully booked a HKG-JFK stopover JFK-SFO award flight on CX/AA

For the NRT-HKG you should be able to route that via BKK on a combination of JL and CX with a sub 24 hour connection in BKK.

For all of these do your research in advance and tell the agents what flights to search. You will get better results.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by HNL
Now you have thrown NRT and BKK to the mix. That is very likely to change the calculations. What is you actual proposed itinerary?

If you are simply doing a BKK-HKG-ORD then yes adding a NYC segment after a stop over will not be a problem.
OP might even go to SJU.
I had a BKK-HKG-SFO (stopover for months)-MIA-SJU once on a First Class milesaaver.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:24 am
Original Poster

I have already booked awards tho is this an issue or no and sju sounds good to me. and thinking on bkk i have never been outside the US so i want to see a lot but enjoy it too.i feel its a good start and looking forward to cx 1st
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I have already booked awards tho is this an issue or no and sju sounds good to me. and thinking on bkk i have never been outside the US so i want to see a lot but enjoy it too.i feel its a good start and looking forward to cx 1st
Yes, free changes to dates, not cities, so if you are not EXP, this may be an issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.