Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Is "Ticket Pending" new term by AA after on-line purchase? (previously "Purchased")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Ticketing Status terms shown on AA.com in the Reservation Details under Reservation Name

On Hold - The itinerary has not yet been purchased and must be purchased by 11:59pm US Central Time on the date indicated for the fare quote to remain valid. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage. (Prior to 2012, the Print button opened a popup window with a formatted summary of reservation details.)

On Request - The itinerary has been purchased but involves segments operated by airline and is awaiting confirmation from that airline, which may require hours or even days. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage.

Ticket Pending (previously Purchased) - The itinerary has been purchased and is awaiting ticketing, which usually requires no more than 1-2 hours. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage. (Prior to 2012, the Print button opened a popup window with a formatted summary of reservation details.)

Ticketed - The itinerary has been ticketed and is ready for travel. The Print Itinerary and Receipt button will open a popup window with the formatted confirmation and receipt that includes 13-digit ticket numbers at the bottom beginning with 001.

Award Upgrades (miles + copay) may only be processed when the reservation Status is Ticketed.

Print Wikipost

Is "Ticket Pending" new term by AA after on-line purchase? (previously "Purchased")

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat

Purchased two BIZ class tickets on separate PNRs for my wife and myself LGA-SCL. Put the tickets on hold yesterday, and paid for them this evening.

When I checked to select seats, when going under my trips, wording is present I have not seen before. "Ticket pending".

I know there is a window from the time the on-line booking is actually ticketed after payment, but just never saw this wording before.

Last edited by GunsOfNavarone; Feb 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
I remember seeing "on request" before.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It may take hours, and in some instances (especially when AA has to check the ticket validation with another airline) before a ticket is actually issued. Until that ticket is issued there is no reliance on one actually being ticketed.

(A PNR is recycled and really is just a handy way to label an itinerary - when you receive a ticket beginning with 001 on AA, then you have something that can be relied on.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GunsOfNavarone
Purchased two BIZ class tickets on separate PNRs for my wife and myself LGA-SCL. Put the tickets on hold yesterday, and paid for them this evening.

When I checked to select seats, when going under my trips, wording is present I have not seen before. "Ticket pending".

I know there is a window from the time the on-line booking is actually ticketed after payment, but just never saw this wording before.
Had the same thing happen to me. I called the EXP desk and was told that is new term that replaced "purchased". Agent said it was part of the new branding. One reason they changed she said was because it was confusing to customers.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:03 pm

I also just noticed this today when I upgraded a ticket using an eVIP. It went to "ticket pending."
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I had it on a ticket I had held online as well, MIA-DFW-EZE (bought C, upgrade to F using eVIP). Ticket pending appeared for five days before I called. When called, agent stated there was a problem with my credit card, she retook the info, and it moved to ticketed within two hours.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:12 am
SST

IME, Penguinmoon's explanation is the usual case. Call AA and ask if there's a credit card problem.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
I've seen it say ticket pending on international flights. On domestic, it's always said purchased for me.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, ALL Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club
Same thing here on a domestic trip purchased this morning. In the past, it has immediately gone to "Purchased" status; today, it says "Ticket Pending". No CC issues.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Nice. They used to call it "Purchased", but the new phrasing is clearer. Your order has been received, but the ticket not issued yet. A few hours' gap is normal, but anything approaching or more than 24 hours, I'd call to check that at least my payment went through ok.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Just went through the same and googled it! This thread came along.

Thanks for your feedback! In my case there is a pending charge of $1 on my amex statement. So I'm guessing that even thought the flight reservation is still stucked in "pending" they had no issues with charging that $1.

Will see how long it takes to ticket on its own or call.

By the way US Airways also placed a $1 pending charge a week ago. Is still there though (ticket is already purchased and charged)
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Airon
Just went through the same and googled it! This thread came along.

Thanks for your feedback! In my case there is a pending charge of $1 on my amex statement. So I'm guessing that even thought the flight reservation is still stucked in "pending" they had no issues with charging that $1.

Will see how long it takes to ticket on its own or call.

By the way US Airways also placed a $1 pending charge a week ago. Is still there though (ticket is already purchased and charged)
It's very typical to have $1 in the pending charges section. It never posts, so it's not a big deal. That's how they check whether they can charge your card. In some gas stations, they have a $100 pending charge, but what actually posts is how much you owe for the gas you've pumped. For me, $1 pending charges tend to remain until the end of the statement cycle.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I've got two tickets:
"On Request"
"Ticket pending"

I received an" E-Ticket Confirmation" e-mail for the one that's "On Request"? As this is my first AAward booking, I'm thoroughly confused.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by remymartin
I've got two tickets:
"On Request"
"Ticket pending"

I received an" E-Ticket Confirmation" e-mail for the one that's "On Request"? As this is my first AAward booking, I'm thoroughly confused.
If your confirmation contains an eticket number, then it is no longer "on request" and should show as "ticketed".
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by aktchi
If your confirmation contains an eticket number, then it is no longer "on request" and should show as "ticketed".
Interesting. Under "My trips" it shows as "On request", but if I press Select and look at the Reservation Details, its status is now "Ticketed".

A website bug, that is..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.