Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Limited non-US residents: 500 bonus miles when you update your contact information.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This offer is limited to:
residents of Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands Curacao, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad, Turks & Caicos Islands, and United Kingdom.

This offer is limited to:
residents of Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Limited non-US residents: 500 bonus miles when you update your contact information.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club, Membership rewards, Diners Club, El Al Matmid.

Pretty much what the title says, 500 miles when you update your info.

http://app.aa.com/enroll/nationalid/signup.cfm?lc=en
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, US Silver
Doesn't list USA as an available country....
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: BA VS Gold; Hyatt Accor Marriott SPG Plat
very strange, just Canada and a selection of Caribbean countries are offered in the dropdown.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:45 pm

Doesn't list the UK in the drop down list either, despite the fact that I got the email! Very odd....
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
worth 500 ?

American Airlines, and carefully selected third parties with whom we have a business relationship and with whom we share your information, intend on using this information to better market products and services. This website is hosted by e-dialog who will be collecting your updated information on behalf of American Airlines.

Maybe, but will it work?
Couldn't NOT pick a country, so I set it to Canada...

Thank you MrHalliday! We have received your updated information. You can expect to receive your 500 AAdvantage miles bonus in 6 to 8 weeks. Please save this confirmation for your records.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA
500 bonus miles for updating your info email

did anyone get this email? anyway to know if it's just a phishing scam?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Smells fishy too me. And I didn't get any email in the past 12 hours from them.

<Mod note: removed circular link>

Last edited by miamigrad; Feb 11, 2013 at 2:31 pm Reason: Removed circular link, post-merge
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:03 pm

I got this email too! but I'm a little bit paranoid when an email asks me to update any information.

Have anyone confirmed this is not a scam?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:06 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
worth 500 ?

American Airlines, and carefully selected third parties with whom we have a business relationship and with whom we share your information, intend on using this information to better market products and services. This website is hosted by e-dialog who will be collecting your updated information on behalf of American Airlines.

Maybe, but will it work?
Couldn't NOT pick a country, so I set it to Canada...

Thank you MrHalliday! We have received your updated information. You can expect to receive your 500 AAdvantage miles bonus in 6 to 8 weeks. Please save this confirmation for your records.
Wow. The poor wording of the original message you posted seems a pretty clear indicator to me that this is phishing. Doesn't even look remotely valid. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I got it as well here in the Cayman Islands. Definitely came from the usual AA email address, but i cant possibly imagine why i have to resend to them (via a third party) information they already have in my account - and why ask for the last four digits of my rather valuable ID a.k.a British passport. Very fishy indeed, even if it did come from AA. On this occasion, AA may keep their 500 miles in their piggy bank.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:04 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I got it as well here in the Cayman Islands. Definitely came from the usual AA email address
It's frightfully easy to spoof email addresses.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA: EXP, SPG: Gold
I would never fill out information on a click through. When in doubt, just go the the actual website. Besides, 500 miles isn't enough to make me go through the motions.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
It's legit American Airlines Brasil has that same offer on their facebook page!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: BD*G. BA gold. Air France platinum. FT baggage tags. PC Gold, Marriott Silver. Hilton Gold.
I posted on AA main facebook page about this.

They tell me:

' Our corporate security team is investigating the link. Please delete the e-mail for now.'
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, OneWorld Emerlad (CX)
Its legit.. I got it in Uruguay for every AA account in our family.
The form is hosted on aa.com website.
Its only for Latin and Central american countries.- Its on Facebook and Twitter for these countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.