Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Received e-mail regarding Citi AA 10% award miles technical glitch

Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP

I wake up this morning to an email subject “FYI: Bonus Miles In Your Account” from American Airlines.

The e-mail reads as follows:

Dear Jamison,

Have you noticed a few extra American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles in your AAdvantage account? As you might have guessed, we had a technical glitch.

A benefit of your eligible Citi/AAdvantage card is that you will earn 10% of the total AAdvantage miles you redeem. Last summer, we posted 1,800 more bonus miles to your AAdvantage account than the eligible 10,000 miles one can earn as part of this benefit.

While we have fixed the glitch, we think these extra bonus miles might come in handy someday, so we’ve decided to leave them with you! As always, for your latest mileage account balance, we encourage you to visit your AAdvantage account online at AA.com today.

We appreciate your continued support, and look forward to seeing you in the new year!

Has anyone else gotten a similar e-mail from AA today? I blogged about it-

http://pointssummary.com/2013/01/08/...hnical-glitch/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.