Wiki Posts
Search

Gogo wifi holiday prices

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Gogo wifi holiday prices

Has anyone signed up for the 2 or 3-day holiday price packs? There are few details, but I assume these are for any 2 or 3 days within the promotion period, not sequential.

I haven't used the service yet, but have IAD-LAX flights today and the Jan 1 red eye.
------------------

For the upcoming holidays, we are pleased to bring you two special offers to make your holiday travel more enjoyable and to stay connected.

3 Day Pack

3 Day Pass
$19.50 (54% savings)
Purchase between
November 7 - December 31, 2012
Use on flights from
November 17, 2012 - January 3, 2013
Purchase

2 Day Pack

2 Day Pass
$14.50 (48% savings)
Purchase between
December 10 - December 31, 2012
Use on flights from
December 22, 2012 - January 3, 2013
Purchase

Special prices are not available in flight.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Pretty attractive pricing in my opinion, and FYIW in the past, I have had luck having Gogo reissue codes that you don't expect to get around to using before end of the period.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by alchang
Pretty attractive pricing in my opinion, and FYIW in the past, I have had luck having Gogo reissue codes that you don't expect to get around to using before end of the period.
One other way to save money. Buy a Chromebook..
You can buy an Acer Chromebook for $199 and get 12 Gogo passes.
I gave a couple for Christmas. Yes, I know Chrome OS has limitations....but... these people are going to use them for internet access and video.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by 4aks
Has anyone signed up for the 2 or 3-day holiday price packs? There are few details, but I assume these are for any 2 or 3 days within the promotion period, not sequential.
Yes, I bought a 3-pack a few weeks ago. They can be used any 3 days, need not be sequential. Once you buy it, when you log in airborne, you'll see an option to redeem if you want.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
One other way to save money. Buy a Chromebook..
You can buy an Acer Chromebook for $199 and get 12 Gogo passes.
I gave a couple for Christmas. Yes, I know Chrome OS has limitations....but... these people are going to use them for internet access and video.
Or you can try to resell them at a 50% loss or so and still be ahead.
(Although our company has one account that everyone knows the pw to. However, we have to put in a spreadsheet when we are going to use it in order to have only 1 person at a time use it.)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Or you can try to resell them at a 50% loss or so and still be ahead.
(Although our company has one account that everyone knows the pw to. However, we have to put in a spreadsheet when we are going to use it in order to have only 1 person at a time use it.)
Nice offer ... I suppose if you know what you want to use it for during a flight

I'm getting real computing done.

The gogo is working well ! Glad I paid up the $14. I wonder if it'll work on the next leg LAX-SAN
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Nice offer ... I suppose if you know what you want to use it for during a flight

The gogo is working well ! Glad I paid up the $14. I wonder if it'll work on the next leg LAX-SAN
That would be something!

I'm going to say no ...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United GLD, HHonors GLD, Hyatt DM, Avis PC, Hertz PC, SPG....
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
That would be something!

I'm going to say no ...
Anyone want to test a few codes I have expiring 12/31? No guarantee they are unused I went through them in haphazard way, PM if you want to give it a try. You will need to be at 10K feet before you get to test they work (day passes).
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

I have had completely different where it's often slow and unreliable
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Gogo wifi holiday prices

I have two left in my account that I bought during this promo. It's possible to gift them right? They'll be expiring soon and I won't be flying again until the end of January.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lakers6902
I have two left in my account that I bought during this promo. It's possible to gift them right? They'll be expiring soon and I won't be flying again until the end of January.
Yes it is and you can find people who want them by posting in CC
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Yes it is and you can find people who want them by posting in CC
Silly question, but how do we give them to someone else? I have a couple left over in my account, but there are no codes associated with them that I can hand out.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
That would be something!

I'm going to say no ...
I was able to turn on my laptop for 10-15 mins before the decent rules kicked in (no wifi)

We had a 2 year old that screamed the entire flight. The FA designed to get this family off the flight first, but it backfired, as the screaming kid was in front of the door, and no one heard the ground crew give the OK knocks saying it was time to open and unload ... took another 5 mins
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by ORDMD80
Silly question, but how do we give them to someone else? I have a couple left over in my account, but there are no codes associated with them that I can hand out.
I'm not sure you can, not without giving away the logon credentials for your Gogo account.

What I would suggest is going to https://custhelp.gogoinflight.com/ and click the "Chat with us" link at the top. The last time I had a question, I did this, and I had my answer within a minute or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.