Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was happening at the LAX AC last night [20 Sep 2012]?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
What was happening at the LAX AC last night [20 Sep 2012]?

Surprised no one has mentioned this here yet (perhaps I've missed it):

Was sitting on one of the couches near the windows at the LAX AC last night at about 5 PM when suddenly a group of 20-25 people walked up right behind me and appeared to be waiting to be let out one of the doors that leads down to the tarmac. They were all wearing handwritten nametags, but I couldn't get a good look at what they said. After a few minutes of them standing and chatting by the door (quite loudly, by the way... so I'm sure anyone in the club at the time noticed the group), an agent came over to meet them. He attempted to open the door with his key card, but it didn't work, so he told them sorry, and they retreated to another part of the lounge (looked like might have been headed in the direction of the Flagship Lounge).

Anyone know who this group was and why they were about to be let out on the tarmack?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by metallo

Anyone know who this group was and why they were about to be let out on the tarmack?
My first guess is that it might have to do with the space shuttle Endeavor landing at LAX today.

I got to see it over Palmdale this morning! Wow!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:23 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
there was a post on this a while back....i think there was a QF flight that departed from the aa area rather than tbit....the pax were the ones sitting in front...the cattle weren't mentioned iirc...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN
There was an AA EXP Facebook Group meetup yesterday evening at LAX, which included some behind the scenes tours, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by metallo
Surprised no one has mentioned this here yet (perhaps I've missed it):

Was sitting on one of the couches near the windows at the LAX AC last night at about 5 PM when suddenly a group of 20-25 people walked up right behind me and appeared to be waiting to be let out one of the doors that leads down to the tarmac. They were all wearing handwritten nametags, but I couldn't get a good look at what they said. After a few minutes of them standing and chatting by the door (quite loudly, by the way... so I'm sure anyone in the club at the time noticed the group), an agent came over to meet them. He attempted to open the door with his key card, but it didn't work, so he told them sorry, and they retreated to another part of the lounge (looked like might have been headed in the direction of the Flagship Lounge).

Why didn't you ask one of the Admirals Club AAngels?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by glenny84
There was an AA EXP Facebook Group meetup yesterday evening at LAX, which included some behind the scenes tours, etc.
Facebook has an EXP group? What's the URL?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
Yup.

Once upon a time I was a member.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Yup.

Once upon a time I was a member.
Yup, I was once too but voluntarily left the group a few weeks ago.

They're not particularly knowledgable or particularly interested in having knowledgable conversation. It's mostly just complaining about AA or complaining about issues that they get themselves into because they don't understand the program.

It boggles my mind that AA pays so much attention to this small group of elites. They even gave away a seat on the inaugural 773ER flight.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:37 pm

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/AAEXP2012/
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sahcurity
They're not particularly knowledgable or particularly interested in having knowledgable conversation. It's mostly just complaining about AA or complaining about issues that they get themselves into because they don't understand the program.
Hmmm. I wonder where else such people might post

Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
It's mostly just complaining about AA or complaining about issues that they get themselves into because they don't understand the program.
Thankfully that never happens here.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AAEXP2012/?ref=ts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by FXEpilot77
Thankfully that never happens here.
Originally Posted by richarddd
Hmmm. I wonder where else such people might post

True, FT has the same types (and I'm sure some of the same exact people), but at least here there's some actual information sharing and more than one knowledgable person to provide information.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:31 pm

Guess that is ur opinion. Group is excellent. Very social. Minimal complaining. Issues addressed.

And btw, many of us really know the program.

Yup, I was once too but voluntarily left the group a few weeks ago.

It boggles my mind that AA pays so much attention to this small group of elites. They even gave away a seat on the inaugural 773ER flight.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:40 pm

And so you all have all the info:

It was another meetup. We had about 56 people come in from around the US and as far as LHR, including key AA executives and ken chase the "wine consultant" ( great guy!).

Last edited by 777lover; Aug 30, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.