HVC3A: AA Earn Elite Status Faster Promo [Targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
HVC3A: AA Earn Elite Status Faster Promo [Targeted]

Checked my email a few minutes ago and pleasantly saw this:

"Dear Mateo4321,

At American Airlines, we value your business and always want to be your first choice in air travel. That's why I'm delighted to tell you about an offer designed especially for you.

Reach AAdvantage® Elite Status Faster And Keep It Through February 28, 2014 — Qualify for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than normal (details below)1 and enjoy benefits such as:

Special upgrade privileges
Mileage bonus
Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and
Preferred seating
Waived charges for two checked bags
Simply click the button below to log in to your account and register for this special offer prior to travel and before midnight (CDT) on September 15, 2012, by entering Promotion Code HVC3A.*

We know you'll enjoy the benefits of a more exclusive membership level. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Suzanne L. Rubin
President
AAdvantage® Loyalty Program

Elite-Status Level Miles Required
AAdvantage Gold 5,000
AAdvantage Platinum 10,000
AAdvantage Executive Platinum 25,000

Reach AAdvantage Elite Status Faster And Keep It Through February 28, 2014
Simply fly the required number of miles shown below on eligible American Airlines, American Eagle, the AmericanConnection® carrier, British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines, and Qantas flights, as well as eligible codeshare flights, between
September 4, 2012, and December 31, 2012."

Seems like a terrific offer, but again it was targeted. Anyone else receive a similar offer?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Mateo4321
Seems like a terrific offer, but again it was targeted. Anyone else receive a similar offer?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ted-offer.html
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Checked my email a few minutes ago and pleasantly saw this:

"Dear Mateo4321,

At American Airlines, we value your business and always want to be your first choice in air travel. That's why I'm delighted to tell you about an offer designed especially for you.

Reach AAdvantage® Elite Status Faster And Keep It Through February 28, 2014 — Qualify for AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status faster than normal (details below)1 and enjoy benefits such as:

Special upgrade privileges
Mileage bonus
Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and
Preferred seating
Waived charges for two checked bags
Simply click the button below to log in to your account and register for this special offer prior to travel and before midnight (CDT) on September 15, 2012, by entering Promotion Code HVC3A.*

We know you'll enjoy the benefits of a more exclusive membership level. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Sincerely,

Suzanne L. Rubin
President
AAdvantage® Loyalty Program

Elite-Status Level Miles Required
AAdvantage Gold 5,000
AAdvantage Platinum 10,000
AAdvantage Executive Platinum 25,000

Reach AAdvantage Elite Status Faster And Keep It Through February 28, 2014
Simply fly the required number of miles shown below on eligible American Airlines, American Eagle, the AmericanConnection® carrier, British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines, and Qantas flights, as well as eligible codeshare flights, between
September 4, 2012, and December 31, 2012."

Particularly for EXP level !!!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
It seems to be two different offers; the offer vasantn received was for Platinum status only and had the offer code HVCP3. The code in my email was slightly different at HVC3A
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
This one is a little different, but they seem to be part of the same group. I am WAY short this year; I hope I get the 25K offer! Otherwise I'll have to do a massive run in Jan-Feb to get status for 2 years.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by vasantn
This one is a little different, but they seem to be part of the same group. I am WAY short this year; I hope I get the 25K offer! Otherwise I'll have to do a massive run in Jan-Feb to get status for 2 years.
Everyone in my family will have to earn status the hard way, BIS! I suspect AA has figured out that, since I have 62k EQM already, I'll probably pay for the 100k or so.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems to be two different offers; the offer vasantn received was for Platinum status only and had the offer code HVCP3. The code in my email was slightly different at HVC3A
Can you please explain you AA flying pattern (so far this year and last),, to help put their targeting of you into perspective? Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Are you kidding me!?!?!? Good grief, upgrades are going to be tough next year. This is something like 3 promotions and status matches too many this year!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
The EXP challenge is indeed the most generous. I'm currently on the UA Plat (75k level) challenge and that requires 25k miles in 3 months.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
Hmmm...while I'll be short of 100k total this year, I do have more thank 25k before the end of this year. Wish I'd get the offer, because I'll likely lose Exec Plat after this year

Wonder what would happen if I just typed in that code
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hm, just registered with code HVC3A - though ive not received the email, and it says thanks for registering. I have 0 miles on my AA account - as i usually credit to AS when i fly AA.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by harishv79
Hm, just registered with code HVC3A - though ive not received the email, and it says thanks for registering.
Historically, AA will allow you to register, but you won't get the benefits of the promotion unless you were targeted. They're very good at tracking who they've sent out these e-mails to.

Look at this thread from earlier in the year where many folks did register that were not targeted, and not a single one reported back that they received the benefits:
HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by denCSA
Are you kidding me!?!?!? Good grief, upgrades are going to be tough next year. This is something like 3 promotions and status matches too many this year!
Yeah the upgrade situation is going to be brutal for the next 18 months at least.

If I put on my tinfoil hat this looks like AA is trading the allure of AA status for short term cash at the expense of devaluing the status for current holders. The worst case scenario is AA not caring because they plan to monetize FC along the lines of what Delta and United are doing. I feel that status in the next 3-5 years will be nothing like it is today...we're truly in the 7th or 8th inning of the game here.

Another scenario is that in the end it all works out. Perhaps for every UA elite who defected to AA for a free status match will be equaled out by AA elites hurt by the diluted levels leave for United or Delta. Go to every board and you'll read threads on people switching to the other airlines for greener pastures all the time.

Just my rambling thought...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by denCSA
But everyone said upgrades would be tough this year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. At this point I should be batting 0%, when in fact it's actually more like 98% domestically (and over 100% internationally). Go figure.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:31 am

This is becoming too much. The UA status matches I understand. The EXP challenge I don't. I'm not saying I wouldn't take advantage if I was offered...but elite status really doesn't mean that much if everyone is elite...and if people can be EXPs with only 25k EQMs. Really? People who fly 25k EQMs should be Gold. People who fly half as much as I do shouldn't have higher status. AA already offers a challenge program for people who want status faster. This is too much.

Too often at ORD, I get to the gate from the AC and there are just so many people crowding the boarding lines, all with PriorityAAcess. I wouldn't even be able to get through when the GA calls for PLT. I know there is already a thread on this, but it doesn't look like it's getting any better anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Science Goy
But everyone said upgrades would be tough this year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. At this point I should be batting 0%, when in fact it's actually more like 98% domestically (and over 100% internationally). Go figure.
Maybe as an EXP. My upgrade percentage was horrible as a GLD (though that I won't really complain about; I can't expect too much as a low tier elite). And I fly routes that are quite elite heavy. I wonder if my ORD-BOS flight this Fri. will clear. And the return on Sun., both with F3. I'll see if my new PLT status helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.